Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ever considered a windows phone?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This looks really interesting.  I am liking this as well as that new One+One phone with the Cyanogen version of Android.  I have had iphones since the 3g came out but am tired of the same shit every update.  The same look and feel, etc.  Plus they are getting really overloaded with extra shit.  My 16 gig storage is half used up before i even start.  I might be looking into an Android phone (as much as I hate the OS) later this year if the new ios is the same old shit (which it will be).

Ever considered a windows phone?

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:18:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I received my ZenFone today.  I got the 64gb model.  Feels cheap compared to the Samsung it's replacing, but since it was cheaper than the Samsung it's replacing, I can't complain.    I like it so far.
View Quote

How is it working so far?
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 1:51:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I have a windows phone.

View Quote

I had a windows phone and finally made the switch back to android this year.  I couldn't take it any longer.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I got my phone last week (2GB model directly from Asus). Here are some initial thoughts and experiences:

1) When I first turned it on TalkBack mode was on by default. Quite annoying, but I got through it.
2) Battery life. I am not a huge cell phone user, even though it is my job, and the battery so far seems to get me about two days on a full charge.
3) Updates. It needed to do about 1GB of updates right out of the box, no problem.
4) Responsiveness. It works great. Fast smooth switching between screens. Videos and everything run without a glitch.
5) Audio quality. In call it seems great.I can clearly hear others they can clearly hear me. Sounds like a normal telephone. The speakerphone, well, the speaker in general seems like it could be a bit louder but it works fine.
5) Camera, here are some photos:
With Flash

Low light mode

Full auto (I could have done a better job holding it still)

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I received my ZenFone today.  I got the 64gb model.  Feels cheap compared to the Samsung it's replacing, but since it was cheaper than the Samsung it's replacing, I can't complain.    I like it so far.

So far so good.  I got the case in it today.  The speaker is sad compared to my Galaxy, and typing on it is painful sometimes. It keeps doubling my wordswords requiring me to go back and erase.  It's probably something I'm doing wrong, and need to figure out.  The space bar is right above the home button, so if my fat thumbs miss the space, I close the screen.  I like the speed of the processor.  Everything is quicker than my old phone.  The phone come preloaded with a bunch of bloatware, and some of it is not removable.  Setting up new apps is really quick and easy.  Battery life hasn't been an issue yet.

Despite its negatives, I'm still pretty satisfied with what I got for the price.  The typing thingthing is getting old fast though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 10:40:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So far so good.  I got the case in it today.  The speaker is sad compared to my Galaxy, and typing on it is painful sometimes. It keeps doubling my wordswords requiring me to go back and erase.  It's probably something I'm doing wrong, and need to figure out.  The space bar is right above the home button, so if my fat thumbs miss the space, I close the screen.  I like the speed of the processor.  Everything is quicker than my old phone.  The phone come preloaded with a bunch of bloatware, and some of it is not removable.  Setting up new apps is really quick and easy.  Battery life hasn't been an issue yet.

Despite its negatives, I'm still pretty satisfied with what I got for the price.  The typing thingthing is getting old fast though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try a different keyboard app. I use Fleksy and like it. Battery life will probably improve a bit after the first week or so.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#8]
How do you compress the images in order to send via text?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This is one thing I absolutely hate about Verizon.  Every other carrier has phones galore from all kinds of markets.  Except fucking Verizon.

My LG G3 is god awful after lollipop, I've got 18 months left until I can change phones.  It's not worth switching to TMiobile since their coverage blows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Figures will not work on Verizon.

http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1011941/

This is one thing I absolutely hate about Verizon.  Every other carrier has phones galore from all kinds of markets.  Except fucking Verizon.

My LG G3 is god awful after lollipop, I've got 18 months left until I can change phones.  It's not worth switching to TMiobile since their coverage blows.

Some of it has to do with OEMs not wanting to build another model or add another radio to work on the VZW network. The rest is VZW being assholes and blocking phones that can easily have the bootloader unlocked. Verizon HATES rooters.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:36:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Try a different keyboard app. I use Fleksy and like it. Battery life will probably improve a bit after the first week or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll try that.  I really like the phone except the speaker.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slow your roll there, Skippy.  I am on T-Mo, and yeah, there are a few coverage zone problems, but if you're in a metro area your coverage should stay solid.  Where exactly do you have problems?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck.

Oh well.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Figures..it's not for Verizon (as mentioned above).

What's the best bargain for a Verizon user then (buy your own)?
View Quote

I just spent $300 for a lightly used S5. They'll probably continue to go down in price as people trade them in for the new hotness, the S6.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top