Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/3/2015 2:06:23 PM EDT
I made a trip from Dayton to Indy and have come to the conclusion that if I saw one of these guys on fire along the road, I would stop and use the flames to roast a marshmallow. There is a mentality in this culture of anencephalic subhuman pieces of shit that passenger vehicles are of no concern and of little importance. I love when I'm going uphill on the interstate and one cum sucker decides to pass another cum sucker that's going .1 mph slower. Holy mother of fucking God. I'd rather pass the time watching old people fuck.
    It's so amusing when a slow assed mother fucker decides to move into the left lane because some spawn from hell is parked well of the road. Fuck their parents and Dig up their dead grandparents and fuck them up the ass!
  If these jobs didn't exist, these brain dead motherfuckers  don't have the mental capacity to sling burgers at McDonald's. Listening to their inanities on the CB is neurotoxic. You can hear your brain cells crying for help, and yet the stupidest of the stupid are allowed to control 40 tons of rolling death. Rant over.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I love you too.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#2]
3/10. Weak rant.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Meh, I would rather ride on a highway with trucks than the idiots in their cars.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meh, I would rather ride on a highway with trucks than the idiots in their cars.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, well... Stay the fuck out of our way, then. Or stay home.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quite a few people become off truckers because it's fairly easy to get A CDL and jobs are plentiful. It's not like you need to be educated to do it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I made a trip from Dayton to Indy and have come to the conclusion that if I saw one of these guys on fire along the road, I would stop and use the flames to roast a marshmallow. There is a mentality in this culture of anencephalic subhuman pieces of shit that passenger vehicles are of no concern and of little importance. I love when I'm going uphill on the interstate and one cum sucker decides to pass another cum sucker that's going .1 mph slower. Holy mother of fucking God. I'd rather pass the time watching old people fuck.
   It's so amusing when a slow assed mother fucker decides to move into the left lane because some spawn from hell is parked well of the road. Fuck their parents and Dig up their dead grandparents and fuck them up the ass!
  If these jobs didn't exist, these brain dead motherfuckers  don't have the mental capacity to sling burgers at McDonald's. Listening to their inanities on the CB is neurotoxic. You can hear your brain cells crying for help, and yet the stupidest of the stupid are allowed to control 40 tons of rolling death. Rant over.
View Quote

Part in red is because of laws passed by most states.  You have to slow down or move over.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#8]
If you was in that big of a hurry, you should have left earlier.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quite a few people become off truckers because it's fairly easy to get A CDL and jobs are plentiful. It's not like you need to be educated to do it.
View Quote

Your sig line makes this even funnier.

"We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... fuck with us. -- Fight Club --"
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Used to be that OTR truckers were awesome drivers - those days are gone.

I've had the bird flipped to me for flashing my lights to let them in!  Even when the id10t figures out I'm letting him in, it's been 20yrs since I got a "Thank you" flasher blink.  

Pulling out in front of me when there's a 20-30mph delta between us... kinetic energy kills - even my "little" car is gonna fvck you up at that point.  Then when it's some pair of elephant fvckers (the +1mph left lane pass) or the left lane bandit its just worse.

Out west here it used to be even car drivers would pull right to let faster traffic pass, now forget it.

/OldGuyDrivingRant
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:22:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

I move over for people parked on the side of the road because of safety.

Next time you are on the side of the road tell me how you like 80,000 pounds of truck passing within 18" of you.

I have over a million miles with no accidents and no tickets driving everywhere in all weather conditions and all traffic conditions.  My last ticket was in 1994 in my POV.  I've never had anything in a big truck.  

I'm exactly who you want driving on the highway with your loved ones.

I see cars do stupid stuff orders of magnitude more times than I see truck do stupid stuff.

I won't even address your comments about my parents and grandparents.

How well do you drive?

-p.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:22:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Part in red is because of laws passed by most states.  You have to slow down or move over.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yea, if we didn't move over then there would be a thread about how some stupid ass trucker didn't move over and nearly run me over while I was changing a tire on the side of the road.  

Also, fuck all you guys that think truck drivers are stupid pieces of shit. Yea, there are some dumb ones out there, but there are also a lot of dumb people behind the wheel of smaller vehicles. And for your information it takes more training to get a CDL than a regular drivers license.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Your rant comes off like a self-entitled douche whining because people making a living won't get out of your way..... boo hoo.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:28:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

As someone who has changed a flat on the side of the interstate, I thank you for that.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:28:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

yea, if we didn't move over then there would be a thread about how some stupid ass trucker didn't move over and nearly run me over while I was changing a tire on the side of the road.  

Also, fuck all you guys that think truck drivers are stupid pieces of shit. Yea, there are some dumb ones out there, but there are also a lot of dumb people behind the wheel of smaller vehicles. And for your information it takes more training to get a CDL than a regular drivers license.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Without a doubt, there are far more idiots driving cars than trucks.  I've seen far more left lane hogs in a car vs a semi.  OP seems like one of those impatient clowns that tailgates a truck and gets his panties in a knot just to try and get to where he's going 30 seconds sooner.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I drive a car. I move over (when feasible) for folks on the side of the road. Just courtesy, having been broke down on the side of the road.

When it's not feasible, I try to slow down.

What ticks me off are all cagers thinking they HAVE to move over for the cops generatin' revenue on the side of the road. It's move over OR slow down, depending on traffic. If there's heavy traffic, please don't fuck everyone over by suddenly clogging the other lanes with your sudden merge and slow down. Fuckin' morons.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:37:36 PM EDT
[#17]
How dare those assholes move over for stopped cars, they should totally risk getting pulled over or possibly killing someone changing a tire because it is inconvenient for you to have to slow down for 30 fucking seconds.

If these jobs didn't exist you don't have any food at your grocery store, clothes at the mall, etc etc.

Those brain dead motherfuckers are also drug tested on a regular basis, unlike the snot drooling kids that sling burger at McDonalds.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

The part in red tells me your an ignorant titty baby... Moving over is common fucking courtesy whether its a cop or not on the side of the road

Quoted:
Your rant comes off like a self-entitled douche whining because people making a living won't get out of your way..... boo hoo.
View Quote

And this
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:39:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Everything you own, you wear, you eat; just trash it as a trucker brought it.  

I drive OTR, and I have had more dangerous behavior done around me, and in front of me by cars than big rigs.  I have had two brake checks by people like you that have almost cause pile ups because I can only go so fast due to the governor on the truck, and the truck I'm passing is .5 a mile slower on their governor.  If you want to bitch, bitch to the guy in the right lane when he could slow down and let me by.

We are not being dicks.  Our company, their insurance policy holders, and certain states with truck speed limits cause this.  Arkansas had a 65 MPH speed limit on trucks until the recently.  Apparently some state representatives were traveling and got stuck behind a truck passing another one.  Took them 10 minutes to pass each other.  We can now drive 70 through Arkansas because of that (though my truck is governed to 64.58 MPH by the company).  

Since you went to Indy, Indiana speed limit is 65 for trucks.  There is part of your problem.  California is 55 MPH.  I travel to LA on I40 and going through the desert, that really sucks.  Especially when the last three states had 75mph zones.  You want to fix it, call your reps.  

Right now the demand for drivers is huge.  Companies are getting more steering wheel holders than actual drivers.  

And we are not all stupid.  I know several drivers who have PhDs, MBAs, and Bachelor degrees, including myself.  This job just pays more, and it is unlike any job out there.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

As someone who has changed a flat on the side of the interstate, I thank you for that.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As someone who's had to crawl under broken down 18-wheelers, I thank you too.  Never had problems with other truckers in such situations.

But I had a cop who'd stopped one time tell me he thought I was dead when a car almost hit my rig while I was under it.  Said the driver was on the phone and didn't even notice how close they'd gotten to the trailer until the passenger started reacting.

Of course, with federal DOT records showing that 85% of car truck collisions are the fault of the car's driver, the mantra of "the trucks are unsafe" doesn't quite ring so true.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:45:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I can understand your frustration but realize they do have to pass somewhere sometimes, and there is always cars on the road.

Is it reasonable to expect them to drive much slower all day and not make any time to avoid a slight inconvenience for you ? I think not.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:55:15 PM EDT
[#22]
I hate big trucks!! Damned things always clogging up the roads!  

$67k for a Mack with 455k miles, anyone know anything about Mack? Gotta be built better than a Freightliner!
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I drive OTR, and I have had more dangerous behavior done around me, and in front of me by cars than big rigs.  I have had two brake checks by people like you that have almost cause pile ups because I can only go so fast due to the governor on the truck, and the truck I'm passing is .5 a mile slower on their governor.  If you want to bitch, bitch to the guy in the right lane when he could slow down and let me by.

We are not being dicks.  Our company, their insurance policy holders, and certain states with truck speed limits cause this.  Arkansas had a 65 MPH speed limit on trucks until the recently.  Apparently some state representatives were traveling and got stuck behind a truck passing another one.  Took them 10 minutes to pass each other.  We can now drive 70 through Arkansas because of that (though my truck is governed to 64.58 MPH by the company).  

Since you went to Indy, Indiana speed limit is 65 for trucks.  There is part of your problem.  California is 55 MPH.  I travel to LA on I40 and going through the desert, that really sucks.  Especially when the last three states had 75mph zones.  You want to fix it, call your reps.  

Right now the demand for drivers is huge.  Companies are getting more steering wheel holders than actual drivers.  

And we are not all stupid.  I know several drivers who have PhDs, MBAs, and Bachelor degrees, including myself.  This job just pays more, and it is unlike any job out there.

View Quote

Really, they have reduced speed limits for trucks? Damn that would suck. Mine is governed at 71.

I drive a truck because I make really good money hauling fuel.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

This...Without truckers ther'd be no pizza rolls to stuff your mouth with in your moms basement
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:09:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you think truckers are stupid, you should watch passenger vehicles.  They make the average dumbass trucker look like a rocket surgeon.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Only a coward would post something like this, then hurry up and log off.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:14:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I can understand your frustration but realize they do have to pass somewhere sometimes, and there is always cars on the road.

Is it reasonable to expect them to drive much slower all day and not make any time to avoid a slight inconvenience for you ? I think not.
View Quote

The funny thing is that my truck will run with any traffic in the nation. I've had it to 88 and had 500rpm left.   People bitch i drive too fast instead of clogging up lanes.  Can't win.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
.......It's so amusing when a slow assed mother fucker decides to move into the left lane because some spawn from hell is parked well of the road. .............
View Quote

People like you should be forced to ride public transportation or taxis until self driving cars come out and you have the money to buy one, cash.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Word.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:44:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Really, they have reduced speed limits for trucks? Damn that would suck. Mine is governed at 71.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The buses I used to drive were governed at 65.

Sucked ass getting on I-95 when everyone is doing 80

One of the older ones governor was broken. It was a butt puckering moment doing 80 in that
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

Made $97,000 this year driving trucks (as a company driver).

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or even piddly-assed Associate's Degrees like mine.

Got my 2014 earnings statement from the company last week. $56,000/yr to basically work a 4.5 day week isn't bad. I wish I was working in the same field as my degree, but for now hauling steel(wire, rod, coils)pays the bills.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:12:34 PM EDT
[#33]
I've seen idiot truck drivers, idiot car drivers, and even the baby on board loaded minivan mom idiots.

Point is, take a road trip long enough and you will learn the vast majority of people driving are idiots.  

As far as the idiots passing the guy going 1 mph slower....I blame the idiot in front, not the idiot in back..
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#34]
OTR drivers will be replaced by self driving trucks in the next 15-20 years.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

The feeling is mutual. OTR Truckers get sick and tired of stupid fucking idiots in their soccermom-mobiles thinking that their 80k+ rigs can stop on a dime. I quit driving after only six months after the stupid shit I saw. Btw, the thing about moving over one lane is a SAFETY issue. Feel free to call up a trucking company and tell their safety department they're stupid. Go ask someone who's been hit by a semi-truck how they feel. Oh that's right, chances are you can't. They're DEAD!

Oh yeah did you know the interstates and most major roads aren't made so you can go visit Aunt Clementine? They're made for interstate commerce. As for moving over to pass up a slightly slower truck, in the trucking industry every second counts. Don't believe me? Go try it for a living. There's a reason I quit. You don't make enough and we have to deal with people like you.

GET OFF OUR FUCKING ROADS!!!!!!!!!!! GET YOUR ASS OUT OF YOUR CAR AND WALK!
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Too many oddball situations for me to see that happening. Cars will have to be self driving too.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

`10/10 legit lol
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:25:02 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think so, I can see them being used to deliver to a distribution center and then short haul drivers making the final delivery (of course this only works for certain types of freight) but we're a long, long ways from the truck driver going into extinction.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why in the hell should we blame the guy that is in the right lane?  You guys are the douche knuckles that decided you absolutely had to go .5 mph faster and fuck up traffic for miles for the next 20 minutes. He is doing his thing in the right lane. The guy passing is the selfish one way prick
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#40]
NOT Profeshunul 'nuff for a 40 ton
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

0/10 due to the stupidity in not understanding how interstate commerce works and what it is that puts food on OP's table or the clothes on his back. Furthermore for making a stereotype that's actually no longer true for the majority of truck drivers but actually only applies to a minority. Don't believe me? Go try trucking for a living. Even if it is only for six months. OP might understand better and come back with his hat in his hand.

Until then:

ETA: OP has to be some kind of closet socialite or white-collar executive. Oh dear, am I stereotyping?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#42]
I drive appox 35K miles per year. I see the same stupid crap from cars and trucks. The only time it pisses me off is when its obvious two truckers are blocking on purpose.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I commute about 70 miles round trip on I35 in North Texas daily.  Honestly, I can probably count on one hand how many "douche" truckers I have encountered.  There is a metric shit-ton of product moving through this corridor also so kudos to those truckers.  

Pretty funny rant though.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I drive appox 35K miles per year. I see the same stupid crap from cars and trucks. The only time it pisses me off is when its obvious two truckers are blocking on purpose.
View Quote

Yeah when I had a schedule to keep it pissed me off too. There are some who will do that. I've noticed that most of the time it's the O/Os thinking they're having a good time. I was driving through Ohio one time on my way back from Pennsylvania and this stupid bitch in her little KIA passed me up. As she did I saw this small blue hue coming from her car and right as she passed me I could see inside the car. She had her phone on top of her steering wheel and was texting while driving. She wasn't even focused on the road at all. She had her face right dead smack on top of the phone and this is while she was trying to get on the interstate from the feeder ramp. Already dark outside to boot. It's easier to play chicken on the railroad tracks if you want to kill yourself but damn. The bad thing is, if I had hit her and not slowed down, it'd would still have been my fault and I'd probably be broke from all the legal fees by the time the fight was over even if I did walk out of the court room. That incident and the fact that my dispatch didn't seem to care about even the slightest bit of offtime or R&R made me rethink my career. I quit shortly after that.

It doesn't matter if it's your fault or not. Be prepared to take it straight up the ass from the person who hit you or you hit, your company AND the court of public opinion. You're the stupid uneducated truck driver and you're not worth a shit. It HAS to be your fault whether it is or not.

Rodney Dangerfield would have killed himself in this line of work. No Respect.

ETA: Can't help but notice that OP seems to be a newcomer. Maybe it's time to find the door.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Retread troll thread.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yeah when I had a schedule to keep it pissed me off too. There are some who will do that. I've noticed that most of the time it's the O/Os thinking they're having a good time. I was driving through Ohio one time on my way back from Pennsylvania and this stupid bitch in her little KIA passed me up. As she did I saw this small blue hue coming from her car and right as she passed me I could see inside the car. She had her phone on top of her steering wheel and was texting while driving. She wasn't even focused on the road at all. She had her face right dead smack on top of the phone and this is while she was trying to get on the interstate from the feeder ramp. Already dark outside to boot. It's easier to play chicken on the railroad tracks if you want to kill yourself but damn. The bad thing is, if I had hit her and not slowed down, it'd would still have been my fault and I'd probably be broke from all the legal fees by the time the fight was over even if I did walk out of the court room. That incident and the fact that my dispatch didn't seem to care about even the slightest bit of offtime or R&R made me rethink my career. I quit shortly after that.

It doesn't matter if it's your fault or not. Be prepared to take it straight up the ass from the person who hit you or you hit, your company AND the court of public opinion. You're the stupid uneducated truck driver and you're not worth a shit. It HAS to be your fault whether it is or not.

ETA: Can't help but notice that OP seems to be a newcomer. Maybe it's time to find the door.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep! Truthfully I believe the next truck I buy will be my last. Too much a PITA fighting everyone, and somehow always coming out the loser in just about all situations.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#47]
And that stretch of I 70 is really somewhat docile....
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:55:56 PM EDT
[#48]
OP is a clueless douchebag! Troll
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Back on your meds op.
I bet your a fun guy to be around.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Get some.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top