what temp

how long
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:19:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Boy that looks good OP..could use some corn on the cob, a salad, maybe some garlic bread.. a few firearms, and a couple nice knives and don't forget some napkins..but man that looks damn good.......Oh, and something good to drink......
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Where did you find those? The only ones I see anymore are pretty sad.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Can i come over?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks good to me!
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#8]
HEB?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:22:59 PM EDT
[#10]
That looks god damn tasty rib commander ..... wood plow
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

HEB has them on sale this week around Austin for $3.97/pound. I asked the guy at the meat counter to get me the primal they get in before they trim them and cut them in half; there are two sections of 4 ribs each, about 6 pounds total. I'm going back to get some more tomorrow.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HEB has them on sale this week around Austin for $3.97/pound. I asked the guy at the meat counter to get me the primal they get in before they trim them and cut them in half; there are two sections of 4 ribs each, about 6 pounds total. I'm going back to get some more tomorrow.

Thanks! I'll check Tech Ridge tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Looks good.

I didn't know French guys knew how to bbq.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn man, those look stupendous!
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:26:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Yep.  Ate at Louie Mueller's today.

I do a great brisket, but I haven't figured out the trick to getting short ribs to their full potential.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Beef Ribs are the best Ribs. Sorry to my wrong friends on the East coast.

I grew up learning to smoke/grill with grandpa, and we ate about 30% of it as "testers" that he had put in there as well just for that purpose.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:27:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If you do, bring two pillowcases, a quart of motor oil, some cinnamon buns, and a bar of lava soap.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can i come over?

If you do, bring two pillowcases, a quart of motor oil, some cinnamon buns, and a bar of lava soap.

I think i can pull this off, give me a few minutes
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#18]
FYI central market usually has the full racks and the price is reasonable.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

250, 3 hours, then 2 more hours wrapped in foil. I think they could have gone back on for another hour or so, but they might have dried out too much.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

what temp

how long

250, 3 hours, then 2 more hours wrapped in foil. I think they could have gone back on for another hour or so, but they might have dried out too much.

Dry is good

"Nothing on these other than kosher salt and lots of coarse black pepper" Well then they are blackened, right?

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Your ribs look edible, but nothing on Earth is better than country pork ribs.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:32:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I do a great brisket, but I haven't figured out the trick to getting short ribs to their full potential.
View Quote

Gotta hit the sweet spot with beef ribs. Just get the collagen melted and not much beyond that. Harder to get right than brisket for me.  But man, nothing better when they come off perfect.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

how do you fix your country pork ribs?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn gonna go check my HEB here in Schertz!
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:35:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Zhukov.  Those look amazing!!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#27]
very tasty looking!
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:38:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I finally caught short ribs on sale this week and got a chance to smoke them. Nothing on these other than kosher salt and lots of coarse black pepper. They didn't come out quite as nice as the stuff that comes out of the high end BBQ joints around here, but they were damn good. I prefer these to a steak to be honest to you.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/q81/p600x600/11032004_809528329096980_1441620021673803187_o.jpg

View Quote

I remember back in the day when at least half the steak restaurants offered all you can eat BBQ beef ribs  

Now you can't even find them.  Everything is pork.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:40:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That looks god damn tasty rib commander ..... wood plow
View Quote

Had some of these during Easter. Dry as fuck, those look awesome. Done right, they are amazing.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I remember back in the day when at least half the steak restaurants offered all you can eat BBQ beef ribs  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I finally caught short ribs on sale this week and got a chance to smoke them. Nothing on these other than kosher salt and lots of coarse black pepper. They didn't come out quite as nice as the stuff that comes out of the high end BBQ joints around here, but they were damn good. I prefer these to a steak to be honest to you.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/q81/p600x600/11032004_809528329096980_1441620021673803187_o.jpg

Yep. Every joint had them. Seems like 8 or 10 years. Now only a few places.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:42:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Could you make a graph of your smoker's temp and the meat temp over the duration of the cook, in 15 minutes increments, please?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:43:04 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

And fur-covered handcuffs. Don't forget those.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can i come over?

I think i can pull this off, give me a few minutes

And fur-covered handcuffs. Don't forget those.

I keep all that in a go bag in my truck. Should I bring the beach ball and midget or give her the night off?

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:44:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't cook them, but the guy used Bone Sucking seasoning and cooked them for over 2 hours,wrapped them in foil, and let them rest.  That's all I know.

I wasn't paying too much attention because I was drinking.  Best BBQ I've ever eaten.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Gotta hit the sweet spot with beef ribs. Just get the collagen melted and not much beyond that. Harder to get right than brisket for me.  But man, nothing better when they come off perfect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So, lower finishing temp? Check for doneness more often?

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I didn't cook them, but the guy used Bone Sucking seasoning and cooked them for over 2 hours,wrapped them in foil, and let them rest.  That's all I know.

I wasn't paying too much attention because I was drinking.  Best BBQ I've ever eaten.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I liked your old avatar better, we cant be friends anymore until you get a better one.   Or until you invite me to texas for catfishing and good bbq and mexican

And maybe midget hookers
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Mueller's uses prime beef, and I agree the must get it cut for them.  It's a good bit thicker than what I've seen in stores/butchers.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Country style pork ribs for me. I love 'em. Like half way between a spare rib and a pork chop.

We hardly do beef at all, anymore. Price is so high and we actually like pork and chicken better.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Nowadays, I go in the store looking for beef ribs, and this is what I find:

(from Soylent Green)

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm generally a pork guy but those look damn good.

My favorite way for beef short ribs is my mom's Hawaiian short rib recipe with onions and lots of ginger,  fresh, powdered, and candied.   Slow roast it or pressure cook it.   She always served it over egg noodles but I like mine with rice and if it falls off the bone too much then I just eat it on lettuce wraps with rice.,  
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:50:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Could you make a graph of your smoker's temp and the meat temp over the duration of the cook, in 15 minutes increments, please?
View Quote

He will now... you just wait.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Those look awesome.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Very nice!

I recently started smoking meat and it's addictive!

I did some spare ribs a month or so ago that came out nice. I was having trouble getting my new grill down to 250 so they came out a little dry but still damn good!

I like putting some rub on my meat though. It's a concoction of a bunch of shit my old man created years ago.

I've also tried Famous Daves rub. It's really good stuff, salty though. For store bought it ain't bad.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Much as Zhukov posted, I do mine in the smoke for ~2 hours at 250 then wrap them and I just leave the fire alone for another hour or so, let it slowly fall.

Then I cheat and open the foil enough to slice a small bit off and taste it. Easy to tell when it's right.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:52:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Details on your smoker? Pellet? Chunk? Hot box?...... Egg?  

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I liked your old avatar better, we cant be friends anymore until you get a better one.   Or until you invite me to texas for catfishing and good bbq and mexican

And maybe midget hookers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And maybe midget hookers

That avatar rules.  Yamaha's are boss.

You can come whenever you like.  The cats are biting, the pits are smoking, and the Mexicans are everywhere.

Can't help you with the midgets.  I ain't seen but two in person in my whole life and they freak me out.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#48]
I'd eat them!
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Sounds like I've been over cooking them.  They still are good, just not as moist as I'd prefer.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You can come whenever you like.  The cats are biting, the pits are smoking, and the Mexicans are everywhere.

Can't help you with the midgets.  I ain't seen but two in person in my whole life and they freak me out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And maybe midget hookers

I'll get there one day bud
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top