Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/1/2015 12:13:20 AM EDT
doing yet another reread and this caught my eye.

But for every juvenile criminal there are always one or more adult delinquents— people of mature years who either do not know their duty, or who, knowing it, fail. “And that was the soft spot which destroyed what was in many ways an admirable culture. The junior hoodlums who roamed their streets were symptoms of a greater sickness; their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of ‘rights’ . . . and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:17:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw another quote that goes well with the inner city.

BUGS!!!
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:18:46 AM EDT
[#2]
op's post nails it this is starting to feel like an idiocracy prequal
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:20:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You talk like a fag and your shits all retarded!
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:20:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Nuke 'em Rico is more applicable
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:21:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Everybody fights, nobody quits.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:23:52 AM EDT
[#6]
" Duty " is the single most offensive and obscene word known to Liberals.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:26:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

But for every juvenile criminal there are always one or more adult delinquents— people of mature years who either do not know their duty, or who, knowing it, fail. "And that was the soft spot which destroyed what was in many ways an admirable culture. The junior hoodlums who roamed their streets were symptoms of a greater sickness; their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of ‘rights’ . . . and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure.”
View Quote
View Quote
The entire dialogue on the fall of the United States and inner city problems and crime and punishment and discipline is fantastic.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:34:53 AM EDT
[#8]
"It's afraid!"
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:40:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Jerry Pournelle was a prophet

The United States of the CoDominium Era is a welfare state divided into two classes: Citizens and Taxpayers. "Citizens" are welfare dependents who are required to live in walled sections of cities called "Welfare Islands." People are given whatever they need, including the drugs like Borloi to keep them pacified. There are no limits to how long they can stay on welfare, except that they must live in a Welfare Island. Although people are free to gain an education and work or become a colonist, many citizens did not, preferring to live their whole lives supported by the government. Generally citizens are uneducated and illiterate. Some BuReLoc involuntary colonists are Citizens. By the late CD era, the Welfare Islands were three generations old. "Taxpayers" are the working, educated, and privileged upper class. They carry identification cards to separate them from Citizens.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:54:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm all for co-ed showers....

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:59:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The United States of the CoDominium Era is a welfare state divided into two classes: Citizens and Taxpayers. "Citizens" are welfare dependents who are required to live in walled sections of cities called "Welfare Islands." People are given whatever they need, including the drugs like Borloi to keep them pacified. There are no limits to how long they can stay on welfare, except that they must live in a Welfare Island. Although people are free to gain an education and work or become a colonist, many citizens did not, preferring to live their whole lives supported by the government. Generally citizens are uneducated and illiterate. Some BuReLoc involuntary colonists are Citizens. By the late CD era, the Welfare Islands were three generations old. "Taxpayers" are the working, educated, and privileged upper class. They carry identification cards to separate them from Citizens.

View Quote

Exactly this.  I want all the welfare dependents sent to a Welfare Zone with a big fence around it.  I do not want to live around such people.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:00:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:01:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I was watching Starship Troopers 3 and there is a government propaganda piece in there and the tagline is "If you see something, say something."  I'm not shitting you.

We are living in a fucking cartoon.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:02:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Exactly this.  I want all the welfare dependents sent to a Welfare Zone with a big fence around it.  I do not want to live around such people.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Second

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:02:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You talk like a fag and you're shits all retarded!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

fify
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:04:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Such a good book
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:09:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
fify
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

fify

No you didn't. "You're" is a contraction of "You Are" so "You Talk like a fag and you are shits all retarded" is how your correction would make the sentence appear.

"Your" is indicative of ownership; Ex: "YOUR SHITS ALL RETARDED" as in: the shit of which you are in ownership of, is all retarded.

And fuck my life, I'm going to bed now

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:12:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Fun movie. I still like Super Troopers more.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:16:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No you didn't. "You're" is a contraction of "You Are" so "You Talk like a fag and you are shits all retarded" is how your correction would make the sentence appear.

"Your" is indicative of ownership; Ex: "YOUR SHITS ALL RETARDED" as in: the shit of which you are in ownership of, is all retarded.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fify

Context is key.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:18:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fify

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fify

No, it should be "You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded" because "shit's" is a contraction of "shit is". I saw that right away in the first post.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:15:30 AM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Second

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d98/shadowsith331/Random/225px-Scruffy_2.jpg
One more for the Welfare Zone. It's a really good idea.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Such a good book
View Quote

Yet so many idiots are quoting a movie with a similar Title and little actual bearing on said Literary work.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

But for every juvenile criminal there are always one or more adult delinquents— people of mature years who either do not know their duty, or who, knowing it, fail. “And that was the soft spot which destroyed what was in many ways an admirable culture. The junior hoodlums who roamed their streets were symptoms of a greater sickness; their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of ‘rights’ . . . and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure.”
View Quote
View Quote

we definitely need to distinguish between citizens and residents....citizens recognize their duty and give back/serve while residents are just here for the benefits and sometimes pay taxes

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:20:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Everybody fights, nobody quits.

View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:23:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fify

Except shit is not plural in this context, it's an incorrect contraction of "shit is", so it is a double fail.  It should be "shit's".
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:56:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

fify
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fify

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:05:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#29]
"I'll take it, till I get killed or you find someone better."
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Agreed.  Super Troopers was an awesome movie.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

P.J. O'Rourke
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#32]
The only good Bug is a Dead Bug
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Second

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d98/shadowsith331/Random/225px-Scruffy_2.jpg

When the dollar dies, with the exception of a few areas like military bases, we'll all be in the huge welfare zone.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:55:33 PM EDT
[#34]

Superintendent's List, and three black "N"s (meaning he had a major, 100-demerit discipline event, three times... you're lucky to survive one, let alone three).  Oh, and an expert rifleman!

He was an interesting character for sure.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:04:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Post about the duties and responsibilities of citizenship in GD, specifically a military draft and hold on to your hat.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:04:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:07:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is no way such an un PC term as taxpayer would be used.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

What about inherited wealth? They are neither working or poor, so where do they fit in?

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What about inherited wealth? They are neither working or poor, so where do they fit in?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People who inherit large amounts of wealth, typically hire people to manage that money and grow it. They may not be working 9 to 5, but they create more wealth than the average American.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:00:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

People who inherit large amounts of wealth, typically hire people to manage that money and grow it. They may not be working 9 to 5, but they create more wealth than the average American.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then they still aren't doing anything. In their own way, they are also moochers except in their case it's mooching off the accomplishments of their family, which is better than mooching off the taxpayer, I suppose. Paris Hilton being a good example. She contributes nothing, and her sole money making ability is through her name and nest egg.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Then they still aren't doing anything. In their own way, they are also moochers except in their case it's mooching off the accomplishments of their family, which is better than mooching off the taxpayer, I suppose. Paris Hilton being a good example. She contributes nothing, and her sole money making ability is through her name and nest egg.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who cares? They employ people who take that money and invest it where it gives the money's owner a good return and gives others the capital they need to get their projects going. I hope one day I have enough money that no one in my lineage ever has to work a day in their life.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:27:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm willing to bet she pays more in taxes each year that I will in my whole lifetime.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

fify

Shit's...short for shit is.  Shits is plural.  Am apostrophe s usually denotes ownership...but in this case...nope.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Who cares? They employ people who take that money and invest it where it gives the money's owner a good return and gives others the capital they need to get their projects going. I hope one day I have enough money that no one in my lineage ever has to work a day in their life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

there just comes a time when you have earned enough.........

and after the gov decides you've made enough who says you or your progeny get to keep any of it?

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm not even gonna quote Rico's line. The you wanna live forever one
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one who has played Paris Hilton's video over and over again can say "she contributes nothing."

Actually, where do you think millions of dollars borrowed to build a new factory that hires thousands of people comes from?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote
No, that would be "responsibility".

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#50]

there just comes a time when you have earned enough.........
https://youtu.be/k0JkyZx1LdQ      

and after the gov decides you've made enough who says you or your progeny get to keep any of it?

View Quote

The Chose One has spoken, I recant my greedy capitalist goal
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top