Page / 4
Posted: 4/2/2015 7:24:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:26:20 AM EDT
[#1]
lol he's wearing a sweater vest.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:27:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I saw that.

That's horseshit.  Cops NEVER pose with celebrities.  EVER!  
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:28:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:30:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Anything you do in uniform can bite you after the fact.  On-duty or not, you have created a nexus to your employment.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:31:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I have random people want to rake their pic with me all the time.

I couldn't tell you what celebrity had a conviction and who didn't. Good grief.

Yay Texas muh freedom!
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:33:39 AM EDT
[#6]
So he's supposed to shun him because he smokes dope? I see it's a good thing. Keeps cops from being hated so much.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:33:53 AM EDT
[#7]
What's the big deal I don't get it?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:33:59 AM EDT
[#8]

I'm glad the state public safety officials in Texas have solved the border problem so they can now go after these types of crimes.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:34:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:34:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Nothing says gangsta like a polo sweater vest.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:36:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The trooper is in trouble with posing with a known pot smoker.  A pot smoker!  Those filthy criminals!  THERE OUGHTA BE A LAW!

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:37:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:37:31 AM EDT
[#13]
I think it's the posture of the picture that did it.  If the officer had his elbow on Snoops shoulder instead of the other way around I bet it would have been kosher.  Police take PR and perception very seriously.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:38:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
http://www.syracuse.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2015/04/snoop_doggs_instagram_photo_po.html  

Complete bullshit, he was working security and snoop dogg asked to take the photo. I'm going out on a limb and say there is a good chance a Middle Aged white cop in Texas with a big cowboy hat on doesn't know snoop dogg from scooby doo.

View Quote

I bet if he'd refused, he'd still be in trouble too.... just for different reasons.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:39:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm glad the state public safety officials in Texas have solved the border problem so they can now go after these types of crimes.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

No kidding. Must have been a slow day for DPS.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:42:45 AM EDT
[#16]
While I think he getting in trouble is BS, I couldn't help but laugh at
Spears' attorney says his client wasn't aware the rapper has been convicted several times of drug possession.
View Quote

You couldn't be within 20 feet of Dogg w/o smelling him.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:45:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sure but he didn't agree to have a bunch of strippers pose on his patrol car. A nicely dressed ( Er sorta) apparently famous black musical performer asked to take a photo with him, is he really responsible for knowing the background of people he's paid to guard at musical venues?  

If snoop dogg paid me to get him off the hook on some pot charges I'd smile and stand next to him for a photo, it doesn't mean I'm endorsing the guy's lifestyle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anything you do in uniform can bite you after the fact.  On-duty or not, you have created a nexus to your employment.
Sure but he didn't agree to have a bunch of strippers pose on his patrol car. A nicely dressed ( Er sorta) apparently famous black musical performer asked to take a photo with him, is he really responsible for knowing the background of people he's paid to guard at musical venues?  

If snoop dogg paid me to get him off the hook on some pot charges I'd smile and stand next to him for a photo, it doesn't mean I'm endorsing the guy's lifestyle.

Oh, I completely agree that this case shouldn't warrant anything.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:49:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:49:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Who wants to bet that if he'd posed for a pic with Wille Nelson nobody would have got their panties in a bunch.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:49:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I like that the trooper has his giant hat on in his ID picture clipped  to his shirt.
View Quote

ROFL that's funny.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:53:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Tx Troopers have a extremely high personal conduct code.

So high on some things it's moronic.
But they are one of the best L.E. agencies in this country.

Just don't get stopped by them speeding, your more likely then not going to get a citation.
I think some would write their on mothers a speeding ticket.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:57:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yay Texas muh freedom!
View Quote

The Department of Public Safety holds some tight regulations about the behaviour of our troopers.
I knew a DPS trooper a number of years ago that moved in with his girl friend and after a few months the upper command found out and gave him the choice of resigning or moving out or get married.
All these people know about the conduct standard so there is that.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:58:29 AM EDT
[#23]
That seems asinine.  Around here it would be considered good public relations.

Heck, there's a picture of me (in uniform) and L'il Wayne somewhere out there.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:59:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Would the Trooper had gotten into trouble had it been, say... Will.I.Am or Jay-Z?

Is it the fact that he's a felon that is the source of contention?

What if the Trooper had his picture taken with some other random felon, say Bill Ayers, who then posted the pic to his instagram? Same rules in effect?

Or is it the combination of a)- famous person, b)- felon, c)- black = disciplinary action.

So much WTF. Had the Trooper asked Snoop for the pic, and then posted it to HIS OWN (the troopers) instagram account, then yah, I see a potential issue.

This is the complete inverse of that. How the fuck is that the Troopers fault?

So glad I don't work for a .gov agency. Fuck that noise. Total lunacy.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:59:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Give me a break! Some people can find wrongdoing and take offense to almost anything. We all need to lighten up. Bonus points to the cop because he went against his natural instincts and did not shoot the Dogg.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Who wants to bet that if he'd posed for a pic with Wille Nelson nobody would have got their panties in a bunch.
View Quote

The only difference is that the cop probably knows who willie nelson is and what he looks like. That guy has no clue who snoop dog is.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:00:10 AM EDT
[#27]
That's bullshit.

Someone has a hard on for him
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:01:49 AM EDT
[#28]
So no pics with President Clinton, Obama either????  The Beatles, Robert Redford, etc....

P
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:03:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Yup, that department must have great public relations.......

Sounds like a good deputy in a shitty department.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:06:46 AM EDT
[#30]
That is stupid, he was fostering better LEO-minority relations, hugs not bullets
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#31]

Clevenger claimed the order was retaliation for Spears reporting misconduct in 2014 by an officer at another Texas law enforcement agency,

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:08:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Clevenger claimed the order was retaliation for Spears reporting misconduct in 2014 by an officer at another Texas law enforcement agency, NBC reported.
View Quote

Sounds about right.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:09:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Shoulda gone for a spin in the ol' Snoop DeVille

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:09:48 AM EDT
[#34]

"While working a secondary employment job, Trooper Spears took a photo with a public figure who has a well-known criminal background including numerous drug charges," says the order, which was made available by Spears' lawyer, Ty Clevenger.

Clevenger claimed the order was retaliation for Spears reporting misconduct in 2014 by an officer at another Texas law enforcement agency, NBC reported.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:09:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I think it's the posture of the picture that did it.  If the officer had his elbow on Snoops shoulder instead of the other way around I bet it would have been kosher.  Police take PR and perception very seriously.
View Quote

I would think there are far more important things to worry about...I feel bad for the officer..maybe snoop will pull some strings and go to bat for the officer...
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:10:11 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:13:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Spears' attorney says his client wasn't aware the rapper has been convicted several times of drug possession.
View Quote

The deputy didn't detect the presence of an odor that (due to his training) he recognized as marijuana?

That's odd, because I'm pretty sure Snoop had at least a quarter ounce of Kush in his left hip pocket.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:17:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:19:09 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote
I think it's BS also

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:19:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The Department of Public Safety holds some tight regulations about the behaviour of our troopers.
I knew a DPS trooper a number of years ago that moved in with his girl friend and after a few months the upper command found out and gave him the choice of resigning or moving out or get married.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yay Texas muh freedom!

Really??? Lone Wolf Mcquade drank beer on duty and was humping a criminals girlfriend, why he didn't get the ultimatum ?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:19:52 AM EDT
[#41]
This is the new thing employees do-a counseling, with a written notice if it.

But it's not a disciplinary action group notice their it can't be challenged it appealed.  But it can go in your personnel file.

Liberal leaders in law enforcement are the most crooked people on earth.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:22:05 AM EDT
[#42]
there's no weight to height ratio for troopers? i know the ones here are very fit and their weight policy is strict.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:28:08 AM EDT
[#43]
I wish that Snoop's attire choices would rub off on his fans...

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yay Texas muh freedom!
View Quote

my wife went to out of town with her girlfriends to party once and while out on the town found a cop to put her in handcuffs and then sent me a pic.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Fo shizzle.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

my wife went to out of town with her girlfriends to party once and while out on the town found a cop to put her in handcuffs and then sent me a pic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yay Texas muh freedom!

Is that all he did?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:34:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you being serious when you imply that you didn't know who Snoop Dog is?  Gin and juice?  Mind on my money and my money on my mind?  Murder was the case that they gave me?  Really?

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:35:58 AM EDT
[#48]
I've had people want to take a pic with me on the side of the highway after I wrote them a citation...

...and a college Halloween costume party once but we won't get into that.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:36:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Is that all he did?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yay Texas muh freedom!

Is that all he did?

Yep
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Uh-oh...Good thing he has another job singing for that GWAR side project

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top