Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2015 11:09:57 PM EDT
Anybody here have it?  Anybody needed it?

I've had auto insurance with them since I was 20 but don't know anything about their other services.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:12:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Renters insurance is so cheap that I doubt any one place is a much better deal than the other premium wise, so I would stick with somebody trusted.

Our USAA auto insurance has been pretty good but we have always filed on the other drivers insurance since we were not at fault.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:13:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I had it with them.  Nothing but good things to say.  I had it with them when I lived in on-post housing and off-post.  When I lived in DC, we kept having blackouts that would last several days.  They paid for all food lost each time.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:16:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Had it for a year when renting, didn't make any claims.  It was pretty dang cheap compared to homeowner's insurance.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#4]
USAA renters insurance is the kitty's titties.

I use it.

Their renter's insurance is awesome for insuring firearms too.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:22:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Had USAA for everything for over 20 years, they are awesome!  They're like a rabid pitbull against other insurance companies.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:30:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone that rents and doesn't have insurance is just asking for it.  When I was stationed in Guam, my house was broken into and a week later I had a check for $11,500 deposited into my savings account.  USAA or bust.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:43:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I've used their renters for years. Good rates when I shopped it back in the day, I'd assume their response would be similar to their auto.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:49:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had it with them.  Nothing but good things to say.  I had it with them when I lived in on-post housing and off-post.  When I lived in DC, we kept having blackouts that would last several days.  They paid for all food lost each time.
View Quote

Make sure that any policy you buy has "Personal Property Replacement Cost" coverage included.  This is the difference between everything being replaced new, at today's cost.  VERSES Actual Cash Value - which depreciates everything, and gives you rummage sale value for everything.

Good luck in your purchase.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top