Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/7/2015 12:47:15 PM EDT
I have an old co-worker who I'm friends with on FB and every now and again she posts Leftist Drivel that is just completely off the wall. However this one I had to literally laugh because of the ignorance and Stupidity of this one.

Apparently Conservatives Hate Girl Scout cookies, this is news to me!? Any of you guys miss this memo too?

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/beware-lesbian-abortion-cookies-rights-history-boycotting-girl-scout-cookies

What are some replies I should give on her FB?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I have an old co-worker who I'm friends with on FB and every now and again she posts Leftist Drivel that is just completely off the wall. However this one I had to literally laugh because of the ignorance and Stupidity of this one.

Apparently Conservatives Hate Girl Scout cookies, this is news to me!? Any of you guys miss this memo too?

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/beware-lesbian-abortion-cookies-rights-history-boycotting-girl-scout-cookies

View Quote
You should delete her

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm learning to ignore the ridiculous.

Not everything is worthy of a response.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:56:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is typically true, and I ignore her stuff 95% of the time, but this is just too much!
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I can verify that that is true.  I am a ranking official in a well-known right wing terrorist group.  I can't mention the name, but I'm sure you are aware of it.  We have an on going campaign to destroy the Marxist scourge that is the girl scouts.

I've probably said too much already.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:00:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Ask her to provide evidence that conservatives are trying to boycott the Girl Scouts.  Evidence other than an obviously biased article.  

I'm pretty far right and I've never been told by anybody not to buy Girl Scout cookies.

ETA....As I recall, it was the left that was hammering the Boy Scouts a few years ago because they didn't allow openly gay scoutmasters, or something like that.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Girl scouts are not Christian based first off. They don't deny any girl that wants to join. According to a woman I know who works for the local counsel they try to include all girls no matter what.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you gallop around facebook slapping all of these lefty idiots, all you're going to do is skyline yourself as a target.    It WILL come back to haunt you; that's who these people are, and it's what they do.

There isn't really any point in arguing with her; the ideology fundamentally denies the notion of objective truth in the first place.   They really don't care what the truth is.   A lot of the drivel they put out is really only to identify people who disagree so that they can find some way to fuck them over.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I personally hate GSCs so much I hope they're banned.
They're ruining my waistline

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I can verify that that is true.  I am a ranking official in a well-known right wing terrorist group.  I can't mention the name, but I'm sure you are aware of it.  We have an on going campaign to destroy the Marxist scourge that is the girl scouts.

I've probably said too much already.
View Quote

I love ARFCOM!
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#10]
You should ask to film her lesbian activities.

Personally I think girl scout cookies are an insidious plot to make us fat.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Thats pretty dumb stuff but I know uber Conservatives who believe bullshit that is just as nutty as the stuff in their article. The same type post fake Jefferson and Hirohito quotes often.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:04:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Then you probably don't want to know that you can buy them year round at Dollar General.   Same cookies, different packaging
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:05:31 PM EDT
[#14]
LOL, years ago, my daughter was in a pretty right wing GS troop.
We shot together, had father-daughter squirrel hunts, ran a troop sponsored demo derby car, etc

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:05:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I ate 2 boxes this week

Actually,  I ate 2 boxes on Wednesday
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#16]
We've been boycotting Girl Scout cookies for several years? That's news to me.

Why didn't you guys tell me?  

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I think "LOL!" is the only comment needed but you could add "yeah, right." if you felt it needed more.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:16:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Apparently you are unaware that the loony fringe right has a history of accusing the girl scouts of being an organization devoted to leftist indoctrination.

Of course it is all true, what they say at WND. Hate cookies, abortion cookies, whatever. Don't let your daughter join the scouts. They'll try to turn her into a baby-hating lesbian.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think "LOL!" is the only comment needed but you could add "yeah, right." if you felt it needed more.
View Quote

I ended up saying:

"...And liberals believe this!? Bahahahahaha apparently 99% of conservatives have missed this memo apparently it was only given out to extremist Liberal pages."
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We've been boycotting Girl Scout cookies for several years? That's news to me.

Why didn't you guys tell me?  

View Quote

I boycotted them yesterday at Fred Meyer...I told them I was fat enough already.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't support GS's and don't buy their cookies because of their politics.

This is old news.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:25:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Your response should be a photo of someone defending a cookie fort with an EBR and a scarey side arm.
View Quote

I like it
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:31:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I like it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your response should be a photo of someone defending a cookie fort with an EBR and a scarey side arm.

I like it

Say it and so I shall be done! LoL

So far I've gotten no response to my comment but all her liberal friends are talking about how "atrocious" these right wing people are.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

Make it with the EBR in one hand and a Bible in the other, since that is how Obama views the right wing.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:44:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ask her to provide evidence that conservatives are trying to boycott the Girl Scouts.  Evidence other than an obviously biased article.  

I'm pretty far right and I've never been told by anybody not to buy Girl Scout cookies.

ETA....As I recall, it was the left that was hammering the Boy Scouts a few years ago because they didn't allow openly gay scoutmasters, or something like that.
View Quote

OP-

If you're going to respond to stuff like this, don't go tit for tat. Give it a series of full broadsides, leave her limping home to port.  It sucks less for you to just occasionally engage rather than to feel like you have to respond to every idiotic thing they post from "rightwingwatch".  I say this from experience.

It's too late now, you've already said your piece, and if you come back with something else she knows that she's got you thinking about it.  Don't do that.  Instead, wait for the next thing that you know we've discussed here, and read up on all the documentable reasons it's stupid.  

First as offered above, ask for evidence.  There obviously isn't any for this, this is what "rightwingwatch" does, make shit up to be shared on Facebook as propaganda.  Second, point out what they are doing- they are intentionally misrepresenting a group of people who they literally hate, for nothing but their political beliefs.  A short lecture on tolerance and open-mindedness takes all the fun out of it for them.  

If you think you can keep that up with some degree of regularity, then you owe it to your country to do so.  If not, then after all rounds are expended, unfriend.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:57:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Girl Scout cookies are average at best. Homemade is the way to go.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

OP-

If you're going to respond to stuff like this, don't go tit for tat. Give it a series of full broadsides, leave her limping home to port.  It sucks less for you to just occasionally engage rather than to feel like you have to respond to every idiotic thing they post from "rightwingwatch".  I say this from experience.

It's too late now, you've already said your piece, and if you come back with something else she knows that she's got you thinking about it.  Don't do that.  Instead, wait for the next thing that you know we've discussed here, and read up on all the documentable reasons it's stupid.  

First as offered above, ask for evidence.  There obviously isn't any for this, this is what "rightwingwatch" does, make shit up to be shared on Facebook as propaganda.  Second, point out what they are doing- they are intentionally misrepresenting a group of people who they literally hate, for nothing but their political beliefs.  A short lecture on tolerance and open-mindedness takes all the fun out of it for them.  

If you think you can keep that up with some degree of regularity, then you owe it to your country to do so.  If not, then after all rounds are expended, unfriend.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP-

This is a very good post! if she comes back at me I'll do just that and ask for proof!
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I ate 2 boxes this week

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#31]
The cookies are the best thing about Girl Scouts
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Right wing conservatives hate Girl Scout cookies?

Tell her you know a right-wing conservative whose wife was the Pablo Escobar of Thin Mints.  He ate so many boxes of Trefoils for breakfast, he had to take out a second mortgage to pay for them.  His house held something like 1000 cases (about 8,000 boxes) of Girl Scout cookies.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Reply with a picture of you eating a box of thin mints while wearing a Bush/Cheney campaign
hat and an NRA t-shirt and watching Fox News.

Her head will absolutely explode.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Shit - so I cannot order a case of Samoa's and Thin Mints anymore? And pay for 3 extra cases of each to be sent to the troops?

I did not get the memo
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

OP-

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP-

No, the best way to handle this is to shoot way over her head.  Highly abrasive, once sentence, few words.  Think Lumpy.  And leave it at that.  She'll figure it out one day.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Reply with a picture of you eating a box of thin mints while wearing a Bush/Cheney campaign
hat and an NRA t-shirt and watching Fox News.

Her head will absolutely explode.
View Quote

You forget the AR leaning against the leg and carry gun with extra mags on the belt
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:36:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Girl Scouts only make about 5% proffit off each box they sell.

Boy Scouts are smarter.  they sell popcorn with an 80%  to 90% profit margin.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
No, the best way to handle this is to shoot way over her head.  Highly abrasive, once sentence, few words.  Think Lumpy.  And leave it at that.  She'll figure it out one day.
View Quote

It's better for you, because you get to vent at a liberal.  She won't figure it out, unless you chastise her like a stupid child, and even then odds are low.  But people who are watching will see a liberal behaving badly and a conservative being an adult.  

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Jeeeeeeze.....just ask her if she wants to fuck and get it over with.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#40]

Convinced EVERYBODY is on dope...
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#41]
They're overpriced, the quality isn't what it used to be, and the Girl Scouts don't make enough money from them.  

BUT... that link... only read the high points... Can someone explain how these two go together?

1) Girl Scouts Push ‘Lesbianism’ On Children!
2) Girl Scouts Promote Abortion And ‘Promoscuity’!

If they're lesbians, how is abortion even an issue?  Did I miss that day in sex-ed?  Or is that part of the new math eduction system?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#42]
What drivel.  Almost everyone at the gunsmithing school jumped on Thin Mints and the girls always sold out all that they brought toour school.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#43]
turn off the noise.  best thing is no facebook.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:29:55 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

They're overpriced, the quality isn't what it used to be, and the Girl Scouts don't make enough money from them.  

BUT... that link... only read the high points... Can someone explain how these two go together?

1) Girl Scouts Push ‘Lesbianism’ On Children!

2) Girl Scouts Promote Abortion And ‘Promoscuity’!

If they're lesbians, how is abortion even an issue?  Did I miss that day in sex-ed?  Or is that part of the new math eduction system?
View Quote

they could be lesbians that like dick.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:43:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I ate 2 boxes this week

View Quote

Meh, you're probably a moby.

Txl
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:33:56 PM EDT
[#46]
They like to push "emotional responses" with their uninformed libral readers and this is why they push the fear issue on Gun Control by making things up to scare their "followers". They make up a lot of these "facts" to push their agendas.

Typically most Conservatives repeat facts when they "bash" liberals, they yet butthurt and make stuff up to "compete".
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

They ruined my wallet more than any ammo ban ever has.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#48]

Girl Scout Cookies are addictive.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:49:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The cookies are the best thing about Girl Scouts
View Quote

I can argue for their Older sisters and single (divorced) mothers....
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Girl Scouts only make about 5% proffit off each box they sell.

Boy Scouts are smarter.  they sell popcorn with an 80%  to 90% profit margin.

View Quote

I'd bet they make WAY more then 5%. Hell, there is probably 20 cents worth of actual product and then another 15 cents for packaging [box and all the plastic to hide all the volume not taken up by actual product], figure quadruple that with labor and energy costs and add 20 cents for shipping, anything above that is 100% pure profit.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top