Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:14:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Holy fizuck. I had now idea a thread this simple would melt down like it did.

YEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:38:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep went crazy fast as soon as the crazy's appeared.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:15:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey OP, nice gun and glad you like it.  What do you think of the decocker lever that's on top of the gun?  Have you been able to figure out why they added it?  It doesn't seem necessary to me, but I guess a person can always just ignore it.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:56:10 AM EDT
[#4]
The decocker originally worked in conjunction with a double single action trigger, which makes sense. why they kept it with the SA model which is single action only I don't know but at least it's in the right spot and doesn't get in the way. easily ignored if it's not something you'll use or like. I suppose in the SA model it allows you to take the gun down without dry firing it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:10:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:58:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If you guys believe that this is crazy, you need to get out more.  I haven't seen any personal attacks, conduct code violations, or anything other than folks trying to state an opinion, and most have been helpful, or at least representative of a reasonable person.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep went crazy fast as soon as the crazy's appeared.

If you guys believe that this is crazy, you need to get out more.  I haven't seen any personal attacks, conduct code violations, or anything other than folks trying to state an opinion, and most have been helpful, or at least representative of a reasonable person.

My reasonable stance comes from a cost/benefit analysis. The cost of giving to Turkey whatever measly profit they can generate from a $250-300 pistol is easily worth the benefit I gain from having a well made, good shooting, reliable pistol.

My take is that anybody more worried about giving a pittance to a Muslim leader abroad over their own security is either well off or simply has their priorities out of whack.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I looked at some Canik pistols at a gun show last year; I think I'll pass thanks.

If buying one of these is getting a great bargain, then buying a SIG Pro is like winning the lottery.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:22:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I looked at some Canik pistols at a gun show last year; I think I'll pass thanks.

If buying one of these is getting a great bargain, then buying a SIG Pro is like winning the lottery.
View Quote

That's cool. Nobody in their right mind will knock the Sig Pro. It's a good, reliable pistol that is fairly priced. On the other hand, it also has a higher bore axis, holds less rounds, has a much stiffer trigger, doesn't come with as many accessories, and costs $100 more. That's why Canik is getting attention. Just try shooting one some time and you'll see what I mean. But I damn sure won't knock your Sig.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Trigger, accuracy, price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What does this do better than a Glock 17, M&P 9, XD9, or Sig 226?

Trigger, accuracy, price.
I doubt it beats the sig on the first two.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That's cool. Nobody in their right mind will knock the Sig Pro. It's a good, reliable pistol that is fairly priced. On the other hand, it also has a higher bore axis, holds less rounds, has a much stiffer trigger, doesn't come with as many accessories, and costs $100 more. That's why Canik is getting attention. Just try shooting one some time and you'll see what I mean. But I damn sure won't knock your Sig.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll probably pick up a sigpro next time Academy has a deal.  Who doesn't love cheap, great pistols?

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I hope it shoots better than it looks . it looks like the bastard child of a VP9 and the god awful XD/HS2000
View Quote

I shoot my VP9 more than anything now. I have no interest in the Canik without the M9 mags.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I buy everything politically. Heinz or hunts ketchup? Fuck heinz...owned by what asshole in the country?
Just look at all the companies that give to anti gun groups. I will not buy from them.
I make my money talk.
So go on keep indirectly funding the bad guys.
View Quote

I somewhat agree. Heinz sold her company years ago. Punishing them does nothing to her ilk, she has her $$. Unless your ready to fight the Gov, they give your tax $$ to Turkey without your consent among many other terrorist nations who hate you, Why not save a few bucks and shoot them in the face with their own gun some day Poetic justice IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:51:26 PM EDT
[#13]
How hard was it to make the thing accept M9 mags? I was going to get one but not now when nobody even knows where to get mags for it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#14]
The Turks make some fine firearms.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've owned both, but I sold the SIG Pro. The Canik trigger is far better, the grip is more comfortable, and the gun is very accurate in my hands. I'm still a SIG fan (I own and carry a P320 in .357 Sig, another in 9mm, and a P938), but if I had to choose between the TP9SA and a SIG Pro, I'd take the Canik.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm waiting for matthardcore's review..............oh wait.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice pistol and nice Fenix.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Buy one of these pistols and you are pretty much giving money to ISIS.

G19 #1
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:06:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

G19 #1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

G19 #1

ZFG
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

ZFG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

G19 #1

ZFG

This.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

G19 #1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

G19 #1

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:51:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How hard was it to make the thing accept M9 mags? I was going to get one but not now when nobody even knows where to get mags for it.
View Quote

I found mags for the Canik 55 TP-9 at a bunch of places. (Meg car) that's who makes them for the SA also.I'm sure in a short time they will be easily found.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top