Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 9:41:14 PM EDT
I was glad I had a gun.

I have a CCW and carry, not because of any past events but because I'm protective of those around me. I kind of fall into Nutnfancy's "Civilian Sheepdog" philosophy.

A few friends and I went out to eat at a fast food place, and as we're eating we see some old angry homeless-looking guy dressed in traditional Muslim garb slowly cross the street, yelling his lungs out and gesticulating wildly the entire time. No one was with him. He came into the restaurant and got in line. Obviously very angry. Everyone is watching him, and one of my friends says "Is he going to blow us up or something?" One of my other friends points at me and says "Don't worry, he's armed." (He said this to our table, not to the whole place.) And the first friend looks me in the eye and says "I love you!"

Meanwhile, the crazy Muslim guy quit his angry shouting (only word I could understand was "America') long enough to order a burger and sit down. He quiets down a bit, then sits at a table by himself, and talks to himself, cursing America the entire time he was in there. We finished our food quickly and left.

My gun was thankfully not needed, but this is the first time we were glad one of us was armed. It was a strange event.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:42:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Now get them all to carry.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:46:38 PM EDT
[#2]
That shit pisses me off. People freeloading off my gun.

And you should have left the building. Shit gets weird, you leave. Suspect a bomb? You leave.

Eta: you know what my response to "I love you" would be? "Fuck you, I'll shoot in defense of my life. You're on your own.". I don't mean it, of course, but I'm not anybody's sheepdog/unpaid private body guard and I don't want to hang out with sheep. Carry your weight, jerks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Did he order a BACON buger?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:51:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Cursing the country where he is eating? fuck him.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Hahal burger with a side of bomb?

I'd probably have asked the manager to have the police trespass him, if not I'd be leaving.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And you should have left the building. Shit gets weird, you leave. Suspect a bomb? You leave.

Eta: you know what my response to "I love you" would be? "Fuck you, I'll shoot in defense of my life. You're on your own.". I don't mean it, of course, but I'm not anybody's sheepdog/unpaid private body guard and I don't want to hang out with sheep. Carry your weight, jerks.
View Quote
This.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#7]
He said sheepdog.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#8]
What the hell good is a handgun against a bomb?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:56:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I get the feeling OP is early 20's.

Amirite?

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#10]
My girlfriend has been in the habit of telling people we are with that I'm "packing heat"

I had to tell her to quit fucking telling everyone.
No one she told cared but it's annoying as most of you could understand.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm always glad I have a gun.  

Glad you didn't have to use yours OP.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:59:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Should have punched him in his mouth
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:59:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Amirite?

View Quote

Close. Mid-20's, might even count for late-20's now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm in love
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:01:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Amirite?

View Quote

It's okay, he means well. Not like other ones.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was glad I had a gun.

I have a CCW and carry, not because of any past events but because I'm protective of those around me. I kind of fall into Nutnfancy's "Civilian Sheepdog" philosophy.

A few friends and I went out to eat at a fast food place, and as we're eating we see some old angry homeless-looking guy dressed in traditional Muslim garb slowly cross the street, yelling his lungs out and gesticulating wildly the entire time. No one was with him. He came into the restaurant and got in line. Obviously very angry. Everyone is watching him, and one of my friends says "Is he going to blow us up or something?" One of my other friends points at me and says "Don't worry, he's armed." (He said this to our table, not to the whole place.) And the first friend looks me in the eye and says "I love you!"

Meanwhile, the crazy Muslim guy quit his angry shouting (only word I could understand was "America') long enough to order a burger and sit down. He quiets down a bit, then sits at a table by himself, and talks to himself, cursing America the entire time he was in there. We finished our food quickly and left.

My gun was thankfully not needed, but this is the first time we were glad one of us was armed. It was a strange event.
View Quote

As a CCW carrier that will be depended upon..........Understand and rapidly apply common sense to your tactical situation.
You should have gotten up and left, AFAIC.  Get your people out of there....The food can be to go.  Cover them.  Read about bad situation later.

When I say "Cover" I don't mean point gun.  I mean, physically block, and, be prepared to draw if necessary.

I CCW...When I was married, my first priority and my crisis plan was to get me and my loved ones out of trouble as rapidly as possible.
That is largely a result of being situationally aware.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Cursing the country where he is eating? fuck him.
View Quote

While I agree I'm not taking the time to tell him such.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:06:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

What she said.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:08:29 PM EDT
[#19]
As you get older it happens and you won't even post about it on here .
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Headshot . Hehe there was actually a GO on suicide bombers at the department I was a police officer for a short while. It basically went get as much distance as possible, cordon off area, get people out, or if all else fails try to shoot them in the head.

My recent vindication of carrying was grocery shopping the other day. Got back to my car both hands full and I notice a urban youth who looked like he was thinking about attempting to mug for a moment. After clearing my hands of groceries post hast it was comforting knowing that if he tried he would get a belly full of .38 spcl.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:12:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
As you get older it happens and you won't even post about it on here .
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My girlfriend has been in the habit of telling people we are with that I'm "packing heat"
View Quote

Not cool.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:14:56 PM EDT
[#23]
CSB changed my life.

He was probably saying fuck yeah I love America look at this bad ass burger!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup because what happens is one of those people tell some body you wouldnt and it will bite you in the ass one day.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:20:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Curious how your gun would stop him from blowing himself up and anyone else who is around him up while your seated and eating .
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:23:01 PM EDT
[#27]
story time at the snackbar

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Headshot . Hehe there was actually a GO on suicide bombers at the department I was a police officer for a short while. It basically went get as much distance as possible, cordon off area, get people out, or if all else fails try to shoot them in the head.

My recent vindication of carrying was grocery shopping the other day. Got back to my car both hands full and I notice a urban youth who looked like he was thinking about attempting to mug for a moment. After clearing my hands of groceries post hast it was comforting knowing that if he tried he would get a belly full of .38 spcl.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use a shopping cart. Hands aren't tangled up in grocery bags. It can be used as an obstacle.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:46:32 PM EDT
[#29]
I hate the stupid fucks who like to front you out on "He's packing". If they do I usually respond, "not today". I don't tell anyone I'm with unless there is a reason.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:48:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
One of my other friends points at me and says "Don't worry, he's armed." (He said this to our table, not to the whole place.) And the first friend looks me in the eye and says "I love you!"
View Quote

Thats like when a co-worker told me one day looooong time ago: "When the shit hits the fan I'm comin to your house! You're prepared!"
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:00:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
CSB changed my life.

He was probably saying fuck yeah I love America look at this bad ass burger!
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top