Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/19/2015 7:55:13 PM EDT
Yep carry a fake looking gun so you can scare criminals away!

Arizona - -(Ammoland.com)- The concept is an old one.  In biology, it is called Batesian mimicry, where an animal that is not very dangerous mimics one that is, with the result that it is attacked far less often.

Jonathan at Perceived Carry Decoys has produced a prototype and
expects to have production of the first models in the spring of 2015.

What are Perceived Carry Decoys? We’re
glad you asked! Perceived Carry Decoys is a veteran owned entity that
offers the worlds first and only way to exercise your 2nd amendment
right, without the stigma or concerns associated with owning a gun.

View Quote

http://www.ammoland.com/2015/01/perceived-carry-decoys-mimicry-in-human-armament/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=815c3a862e-Monday_Morning_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-815c3a862e-7151529

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought it would hard to top the repackaged "self defense" airsoft  guns at wal-mart but yep this does it

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#2]
"What are Perceived Carry Decoys? We’re glad you asked! Perceived Carry Decoys is a veteran owned entity that offers the worlds first and only way to exercise your 2nd amendment right, without the stigma or concerns associated with owning a gun."

Yep, that's the stupidest thing I'll read all day.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Cops carry guns openly and have radios to call lots more cops with guns and they still have to actually shoot a motherfucker every now and again.  

Someone's going to call that bluff one day.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Arizona - -(Ammoland.com)- The concept is an old one.  In biology, it is called Batesian mimicry, where an animal that is not very dangerous mimics one that is, with the result that it is attacked far less often.

Jonathan at Perceived Carry Decoys has produced a prototype and expects to have production of the first models in the spring of 2015.

From Perceived Carry Decoys:

What are Perceived Carry Decoys? We’re glad you asked! Perceived Carry Decoys is a veteran owned entity that offers the worlds first and only way to exercise your 2nd amendment right, without the stigma or concerns associated with owning a gun.

View Quote

http://www.ammoland.com/2015/01/perceived-carry-decoys-mimicry-in-human-armament/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=815c3a862e-Monday_Morning_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-815c3a862e-7151529
View Quote

I do not see how this in any way can be a good idea.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#5]
What a fucking retarded idea.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"What are Perceived Carry Decoys? We’re glad you asked! Perceived Carry Decoys is a veteran owned entity that offers the worlds first and only way to exercise your 2nd amendment right, without the stigma or concerns associated with owning a gun."

View Quote

I'd have to agree.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:59:59 PM EDT
[#7]

This may be the stupidest idea I've heard of in a while, and I read the whole Let's Draft Cops thread so that's saying something.

The fact it's Arizona makes it even sillier. When I lived in AZ everyone, including the patchouli reeking hippies in Bisbee, carried ya know...actual guns.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#8]
so.....what they are saying is......go through all the BS of carrying, but then don't bring the gun that I rearranged my wardrobe around?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Wonder what the outcome will be when some idiot carrying one of these puts his hand on it in a threatening manner and is shot by someone with a CCW.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#11]
That is a Costco sized box of industrial strength stupid.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

holy fuck that's dumb
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Dupe, I thought it was satire, I'm really hoping it is not real.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm gonna start wearing my howling wolf shirt everyday.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Only one step dumber than OC in condition 3
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Only one step dumber than OC in condition 3
View Quote

I OC in Condition 87, slide off the frame, barrel in my pocket, and magazine floorplates as cufflinks. You know, for the children.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I keep trying to understand this and I can't.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Sounds like something a stupid liberal would come up with...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#19]
For when you really want to run through life with an offsuited two-seven pocket hand....real smart
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#20]

I'm stupider now for reading that crap.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#21]
All posts nail it.  What a horrible idea.  Just awful.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#22]
This product is worthy of a Darwin award.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:02:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:04:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

yup
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#25]
This is what I posted in the other thread.
First 100 orders get a free t-shirt.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#26]
False flag.  

Look at their FB page, their likes, comments, and who they generally associate with.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.  Wow.  That's pretty fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:08:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm stupider now for reading that crap.
View Quote

Nice avatar!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Ya know I searched "perceived" and came back with nada. So dupe!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:25:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
False flag.  

Look at their FB page, their likes, comments, and who they generally associate with.
View Quote

Exactly.  All Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, Bloomberg, etc.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Just when you think you might have seen it all........
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#32]
These will be perfect, for Open Carry Texas.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:46:10 PM EDT
[#33]
I have to admit that if I'm unarmed and walking through a "bad part of town" I sometimes purposely feign some of the "tells" that people do when they are carrying. Things like adjusting my non-existent holster or walking with my right hand down at my side. Admittedly, it would be better to just stay in places where I can carry all the time, but that simply isn't always possible for me.

These "PCDs" are fucking retarded though... If you're gonna go through that much trouble then just get a real gun. You know, one that shoots bullets.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
False flag.  

Yup, the use of the word "stigma" gives them away.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:48:22 PM EDT
[#35]
So what happens if you open-carry one of these in gun-free zones?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So what happens if you open-carry one of these in gun-free zones?
View Quote

Just wait I'm sure we will see some youtube videos any day now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#37]
WTF may as well wear a shirt that says "I am to scared to own a gun so be gentle when you assault me!"
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have to admit that if I'm unarmed and walking through a "bad part of town" I sometimes purposely feign some of the "tells" that people do when they are carrying. Things like adjusting my non-existent holster or walking with my right hand down at my side. Admittedly, it would be better to just stay in places where I can carry all the time, but that simply isn't always possible for me.

These "PCDs" are fucking retarded though... If you're gonna go through that much trouble then just get a real gun. You know, one that shoots bullets.
View Quote

Really?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Wonder what the outcome will be when some idiot carrying one of these puts his hand on it in a threatening manner and is shot by someone with a CCW.

View Quote

exactly what I was thinking
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#40]
I just walk around wearing a karate outfit everywhere I go.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Only a matter of time until someone carrying one of those stupid things gets shot.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jonathan at Perceived Carry Decoys has produced a prototype and expects to have production of the first models in the spring of 2015.

From Perceived Carry Decoys:

What are Perceived Carry Decoys? We’re glad you asked! Perceived Carry Decoys is a veteran owned entity that offers the worlds first and only way to exercise your 2nd amendment right, without the stigma or concerns associated with owning a gun.

Except maybe it will help cull the liberal sheep who fall for this crappy idea?!?!

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#43]
I can't even right now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL what in the hell
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Really?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

To the first part or the second part ?    
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:15:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Is that when the guard has guns but no ammo?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:18:25 PM EDT
[#48]
WTF!!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#49]
When a pellet gun is too powerful to carry.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:38:16 PM EDT
[#50]
This will happen when bad guy calls your bluff.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top