Quoted:

To the first part or the second part ?    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have to admit that if I'm unarmed and walking through a "bad part of town" I sometimes purposely feign some of the "tells" that people do when they are carrying. Things like adjusting my non-existent holster or walking with my right hand down at my side. Admittedly, it would be better to just stay in places where I can carry all the time, but that simply isn't always possible for me.

These "PCDs" are fucking retarded though... If you're gonna go through that much trouble then just get a real gun. You know, one that shoots bullets.

Really?

The first part, pretending to carry when you're not carrying. I guess I never saw being armed as a deterrent. I always figured bad guys would still come after me. In their shoes, I'd see a guy with a gun as a better mugging target than a guy without. I'd just skip the foreplay and go straight to incapacitating/murder and then collect the gun, watch, wallet, scripts, phone, keys and pack of juicy fruit and be on my way.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:19:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The first part, pretending to carry when you're not carrying. I guess I never saw being armed as a deterrent. I always figured bad guys would still come after me. In their shoes, I'd see a guy with a gun as a better mugging target than a guy without. I'd just skip the foreplay and go straight to incapacitating/murder and then collect the gun, watch, wallet, scripts, phone, keys and pack of juicy fruit and be on my way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have to admit that if I'm unarmed and walking through a "bad part of town" I sometimes purposely feign some of the "tells" that people do when they are carrying. Things like adjusting my non-existent holster or walking with my right hand down at my side. Admittedly, it would be better to just stay in places where I can carry all the time, but that simply isn't always possible for me.

These "PCDs" are fucking retarded though... If you're gonna go through that much trouble then just get a real gun. You know, one that shoots bullets.

Really?

What I meant is I do that kind of stuff when it's situationally appropriate. I don't do it randomly; I'd do that if there were a bunch of hoodlums eyeing me and they know I'm watching them too. The idea is to not look like a soft target.

Better option is to actually have a gun, but I'm still stuck in DC for now. (That changes next month )
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:13:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What I meant is I do that kind of stuff when it's situationally appropriate. I don't do it randomly; I'd do that if there were a bunch of hoodlums eyeing me and they know I'm watching them too. The idea is to not look like a soft target.

Better option is to actually have a gun, but I'm still stuck in DC for now. (That changes next month )
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

I don't see how that changes anything. Whether you're randomly broadcasting to the whole hood or just putting on a show for street toughs, you're still saying "Don't give me any chance, deal me a killing blow, and my gun is yours.". Drawing attention to yourself like that, in that way, just seems silly, especially since you don't have the gun to back up your bluster. Someone's going to call your bluff. "That boy ain't got shit. Hold my 40 and watch this."
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:21:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Well this makes that BeowolfX fellow look like a freaking genius.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:36:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What a fucking retarded idea.
View Quote
This

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:42:59 AM EDT
[#6]
that is a metric shit ton of stupid that will eventually get someone killed...
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:57:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't see how that changes anything. Whether you're randomly broadcasting to the whole hood or just putting on a show for street toughs, you're still saying "Don't give me any chance, deal me a killing blow, and my gun is yours.". Drawing attention to yourself like that, in that way, just seems silly, especially since you don't have the gun to back up your bluster. I do carry a Benchmade that I've gotten pretty good with for that reason. Someone's going to call your bluff. "That boy ain't got shit. Hold my 40 and watch this."
View Quote

I see where you're going with that, but I disagree somewhat. Maybe a fucking crazy smacked-out methhead might behave that way, but most partially sane people, albeit criminals, don't go around looking to specifically victimize someone who they believe is armed. I know I sure as hell wouldn't if I were a thug looking to rob somebody... Fuck that, I'd want to rob the defenseless-looking 98 lb. hipster kid with a weird haircut, walking around in chick jeans, texting on his iPhone.

I used to have varying and ever-evolving theories on how to discourage criminals before they become a problem for you. I still do I suppose, but having spent the past 12 months living in downtown DC and being surrounded by mostly-violent gang members and homeless people, I honestly think that projecting an image of situational awareness and "looking hard" is more effective than anything else you could do.... Short of being armed and practicing draw/retention regularly, of course.

It helps a little in my case that I'm a really big guy; and I often wear a soft vest when I'm in the 'extra-cultural' parts of town- which only serves to make me look even bigger (oh, and also moderately bullet-resistant ). It's no replacement for having my dear old .45, but I do all I can to protect myself within the limits of the unconstitutional local laws. Ahhh, let's not get me started on that tonight. I need to go to bed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:00:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I see where you're going with that, but I disagree somewhat. Maybe a fucking crazy smacked-out methhead might behave that way, but most partially sane people, albeit criminals, don't go around looking to specifically victimize someone who they believe is armed. I know I sure as hell wouldn't if I were a thug looking to rob somebody... Fuck that, I'd want to rob the defenseless-looking 98 lb. hipster kid with a weird haircut, walking around in chick jeans, texting on his iPhone.

I used to have varying and ever-evolving theories on how to discourage criminals before they become a problem for you. I still do I suppose, but having spent the past 12 months living in downtown DC and being surrounded by mostly-violent gang members and homeless people, I honestly think that projecting an image of situational awareness and "looking hard" is more effective than anything else you could do.... Short of being armed and practicing draw/retention regularly, of course.

It helps a little in my case that I'm a really big guy; and I often wear a soft vest when I'm in the 'extra-cultural' parts of town- which only serves to make me look even bigger (oh, and also moderately bullet-resistant ). It's no replacement for having my dear old .45, but I do all I can to protect myself within the limits of the unconstitutional local laws. Ahhh, let's not get me started on that tonight. I need to go to bed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see how that changes anything. Whether you're randomly broadcasting to the whole hood or just putting on a show for street toughs, you're still saying "Don't give me any chance, deal me a killing blow, and my gun is yours.". Drawing attention to yourself like that, in that way, just seems silly, especially since you don't have the gun to back up your bluster. I do carry a Benchmade that I've gotten pretty good with for that reason. Someone's going to call your bluff. "That boy ain't got shit. Hold my 40 and watch this."

There's a difference between generally looking hard and pretending you have a gun when you don't. I hope it works out for you.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:07:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll take really stupid ideas for $500 Alex
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:27:59 AM EDT
[#11]
I would like to see a video of an overzealous officer attempting to “disarm” someone who is carrying one of these.   It almost sounds like what I would expect of “police humor“, a practical joke that one officer would pull on another.
View Quote

the sole purpose of these devices is to bridge the gap between hardcore everyday gun toting enthusiasts and those who are less willing to have a firearm in their home.
View Quote

At a fraction of the price of a real firearm, you too may enjoy the benefits of carrying a weapon, without having to shell out hundreds(sometimes $1000’s) of dollars for something that statistics show probably will not and/or should not be used.
View Quote

I'm so confused. Is this a real article? It can't be, right?

ETA: It's real
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:34:09 AM EDT
[#12]
From PCD's website:

No waiting for background checks, no fees for classes, permits, or ammunition, protect yours today!

Disclaimer: Perceived Carry Devices are not intended to be used in emergencies. If you find yourself in a life threatening situation, first seek safety, then dial 911 as you should when carrying a real firearm.

WHAT PCD'S ARE NOT FOR
HOME PROTECTION
LAW ENFORCEMENT SITUATIONS
SELF DEFENSE
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

From PCD's website:

No waiting for background checks, no fees for classes, permits, or ammunition, protect yours today!

Disclaimer: Perceived Carry Devices are not intended to be used in emergencies. If you find yourself in a life threatening situation, first seek safety, then dial 911 as you should when carrying a real firearm.

WHAT PCD'S ARE NOT FOR

HOME PROTECTION

SELF DEFENSE
View Quote
So exactly what the fuck are they for then! (although they are right, they aren't worth a damn for any of those)

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:38:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I carry a recoding of a shotgun racking.

Works every time!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Really guys? Two pages and in the first to post it.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:40:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Given recent law changes, carrying a real-looking airsoft gun like that would be illegal in California.

(No, I'm not kidding.)
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

Have you ever read the "Street Robberies And You"  thread here?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
"What are Perceived Carry Decoys? We’re glad you asked! Perceived Carry Decoys is a veteran owned entity that offers the worlds first and only way to exercise your 2nd amendment right, without the stigma or concerns associated with owning a gun."

Yep, that's the stupidest thing I'll read all day.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Ummm just get a gas operated subsidy pistol then. At least it'll make a bit of noise if you act like you're shooting at somebody. Still a dumb idea.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This product is worthy of a Darwin award.
View Quote

It will be.

All the worst parts of open carry and no carry rolled in to one.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#21]

This.

Completely this.  Don't want to carry a gun? Fine. Go ahead and pretend to have one. See what happens.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So exactly what the fuck are they for then! (although they are right, they aren't worth a damn for any of those)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From PCD's website:

WHAT PCD'S ARE NOT FOR
HOME PROTECTION
SELF DEFENSE

I think it's somebody's idea of a joke slamming liberals.  The more I looked at it the more I saw some deep sarcasm.  Note the prices on the product page.  I think it's a jokester making fun of the guns are cicky crowd.  After all a Marine can have a good idea sometime.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:57:26 PM EDT
[#23]
This was a product designed with the intended purpose of getting somebody killed. The user will be killed by someone with an actual gun who perceived the fake gun as real when the fake gun wearer motions for it in an attempt to intimidate. The group behind this product will then immediately spring on the killing with all of their pre-planned and packaged statements and demands for action against senseless gun violence, etc etc.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Wow.  That is STUPID!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#25]
You know the people that carry the rubber duckys in basic training?  They now start businesses selling their version of it.

That way they feel better about their time in basic.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This may be the stupidest idea I've heard of in a while, and I read the whole Let's Draft Cops thread so that's saying something.

The fact it's Arizona makes it even sillier. When I lived in AZ everyone, including the patchouli reeking hippies in Bisbee, carried ya know...actual guns.
View Quote

It doesn't get more granola that Sedona Az, and I am more surprised when I don't see a gun, than when I do.  You can tell the california tourists from the locals that way.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#27]
They would be better off selling people sharp sticks.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Some poor bastard will get an ass raping in prison because some dumb fuck thought this was a good idea.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They would be better off selling people sharp sticks.

View Quote

Or even just blunt, heavy sticks! Using a club is so easy a cavema.... Well, you know.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top