Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 2:09:05 PM EDT
I recently moved into a townhome foreclosure. The exterior wall bathroom vent fan cover was broken off and there was 5 feet of birds nest in it. After digging the Birdsnest out and cleaning the tube I now need a cover for it.

The problem is all of the vent covers I have found have a circular back and a metal tube that slides into the wall. Unfortunately my tube in the wall is an oval and sticks out from the side of the wall about an inch.

Basically I need a cover that doesn't have to plug into the wall to be mounted. Anyone have any idea where I could find that?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Perforated steel mesh. Cut to fit.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:13:56 PM EDT
[#2]
key word on amazon search,  click Buy Now
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#3]
FPNI
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Something's tells me the HOA wouldn't be fond of that
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
key word on amazon search,  click Buy Now
View Quote

And that key word would be?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you want birds building nests over your shitter or not?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:07:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I recently moved into a townhome foreclosure. The exterior wall bathroom vent fan cover was broken off and there was 5 feet of birds nest in it. After digging the Birdsnest out and cleaning the tube I now need a cover for it.

The problem is all of the vent covers I have found have a circular back and a metal tube that slides into the wall. Unfortunately my tube in the wall is an oval and sticks out from the side of the wall about an inch.

Basically I need a cover that doesn't have to plug into the wall to be mounted. Anyone have any idea where I could find that?
View Quote

What you described is a round vent pipe that has been squashed into a cavity.

The pipe sticking out an inch is probably part of the vent kit, in otherwords it may have to come out unless if you can find another vent that uses the same pipe and mounting locations.

If you want to make it simple just get a universal bird guard with hood for your vent pipe.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Get an oval to round adapter and put whatever vent you want.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#9]
external dryer vent cover? Might work..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top