Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/18/2015 7:51:02 PM EDT
Did a little shooting this saturday.

Here is me with my carry 1911 at 5 yards shooting at a small head from concealment. 1.17 was the time.

Post what you guys can do.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:53:28 PM EDT
[#1]
instantaneous
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:54:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Not that quick.  But with a Glock I'm not that thrilled practicing at the range with it.

Been meaning to get one of them laser round doodads, but I haven't seen a decent one that will do 9mm & 10mm that isn't awful expensive.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Very .

gd
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:57:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Very...slow. Deep concealment is a bitch.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I can pull my hand out of my pocket n go pew pew pretty fast
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Which means slow

I'm not drawing unless the perp is well distracted
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Which means slow

View Quote

Do you not carry a flashbang?

Probably don't even have a fannypack.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I carry mine in my prison wallet, so my "draw" as it were, takes a while.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Not very.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bright side is when you drop trau the crook will probably freak out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm about 1.2 from full concealment. I'd love to get sub 1.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I am tad bit faster than this guy
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Give me your money!"

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Concealment is for pussies. I go everywhere with my TAPCOfucked SKS at the ready.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:10:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I can do a speed limit drill in 3.15.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:11:11 PM EDT
[#17]
I can draw and put 10 rounds on target in a 1/4 moa group at 100 yds with a 1911, in 0.08 seconds.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm going to need a diversion if I'm going to get the drop on anyone from concealed carry.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:16:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I can draw and put 10 rounds on target in a 1/4 moa group at 100 yds with a 1911, in 0.08 seconds.
View Quote

Dont feel bad, with a bit of practice you can cut that down significantly.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm about 1.2 from full concealment. I'd love to get sub 1.
View Quote

The guy filming with the cell phone had multiple sub second draw with a solid hit.

Its pretty crazy to see really
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#22]
1.09 dry firing (no desire to shoot the couch), but I run OWB
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#23]
From my actual carry holster, with my actual carry gun, dressed as I normally am, last time I checked I could draw and put two rounds on target in 1.7 seconds.  I doubt I'm that fast anymore, I'm 10 years older and I don't practice as much as I used to, but I'm still fast and smooth.

What I see, or used to, was people with a OWB holster, with no cover garment, timing themselves and pretending that's ow fast they'd be in real life.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
From my actual carry holster, with my actual carry gun, dressed as I normally am, last time I checked I could draw and put two rounds on target in 1.7 seconds.  I doubt I'm that fast anymore, I'm 10 years older and I don't practice as much as I used to, but I'm still fast and smooth.

What I see, or used to, was people with a OWB holster, with no cover garment, timing themselves and pretending that's ow fast they'd be in real life.
View Quote

Yep all the IDPA people look at me funny when I show up in normal street clothes, IWB, and a polo on. I guess since Im not wearing 5.11 everywhere including the GHEY vest, they think Im lost
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:47:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Glaciers ain't got shit on me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Not very fast at all, I'd wager. I probably get out to the range all of four times a year it seems. I just don't have the time nor the ammo nor the money.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:57:06 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm terrible but I do practice way more than the average hoodrat mugger.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Never timed from concealment. I would guess 1.5-1.75 seconds.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:06:52 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

I saw this happen to a guy about 6 months ago at a class.

Bad deal for him. He took it like a champ however
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Interesting question. At a range I'm happy to be under 2 seconds from the buzzer. In real life though we do things differently. Maybe we untuck our shirt when something seems hinky. Maybe the hand drops to the grip when someone approaches that you have already identified as out of place. As you give verbal warning commands your hand may already be on the grip waiting on a physical cue from the other person that will trip your draw/don't draw response. All of these things drastically reduce real world draw time.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Probably faster than that guy over there, but I could always be faster.  I wear tees so I don't have to untuck a cover garment, so I'm not particularly hindered.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:48:24 AM EDT
[#33]
never fast enough
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:51:52 AM EDT
[#34]
What is you F.A.S.T. drill time.

Mine 4.42

eta : 4.42, not 4.02
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:54:02 AM EDT
[#35]
you can use a calendar to time me.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yep all the IDPA people look at me funny when I show up in normal street clothes, IWB, and a polo on. I guess since Im not wearing 5.11 everywhere including the GHEY vest, they think Im lost
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

50% of IDPA  is gamers. 40% are having fun and trying to improve basic skills. 10% are practicing IRL stuff. Nothing wrong with any of it IMO.

When I was doing it we had a fed.gov  type who would routinely take penalties and just say "screw your scenario, I'm not creating bad habits " zero fucks were given.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Probably faster than that guy over there, but I could always be faster.  I wear tees so I don't have to untuck a cover garment, so I'm not particularly hindered.
View Quote

I don't tuck either, but you still have to clear it so the gun doesn't get caught up in the draw.

That was the mistake I saw more than anything else with people who actually had good gear and practiced at home.  Put them on a timer or in a match and they'd try to go faster than normal and wind up hanging up in their cover garment, either by gripping the tail with the handle of the gun, or hanging the sight or hammer in it.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I don't tuck either, but you still have to clear it so the gun doesn't get caught up in the draw.

That was the mistake I saw more than anything else with people who actually had good gear and practiced at home.  Put them on a timer or in a match and they'd try to go faster than normal and wind up hanging up in their cover garment, either by gripping the tail with the handle of the gun, or hanging the sight or hammer in it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do practice at home, and at the range, with regularity.

Clearing my cover garment is a gross, excessive motion; I don't carry a pistol with a hammer or big sights for this reason.  I've cut my holster, adjusted my cant, and added traction tape to the pistol to mitigate these problems.

You can offset all of those problems fairly easily.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Which means slow

View Quote

What if its 1 on 1 and you just have the feeling he's going to shoot you no matter what?
Have you worked any distractive scenarios? Or possible disarm techniques?

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Let's just say I didn't come by my username by random chance and leave it at that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:11:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm terrible but I do practice way more than the average hoodrat mugger.
View Quote

Problem is that bastard usually has his gun in his hand already
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

it happens
Had a buddy yesterday told me his BIL who trains federal law enforcement has had several officers do it in his classes
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:16:43 PM EDT
[#43]
First I have to remember which pocket I have my pistol in, or did I even carry one today. But that's just real life problems. Here on the internet I can do a mag dump from deep concealment in about 2 seconds, reload and dump the next mag in 1.5.

Seriously though, if I were in a situation where I needed to draw I would be screwed unless the bad guys would excuse me to the bathroom first.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:17:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Just curious OP... why are you training to draw from concealment and shoot somebody in the face and not CM?

- Clint
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#45]
If I'm on my game wearing my usual kit I can consistently drive a mile in around 60 seconds.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Just curious OP... why are you training to draw from concealment and shoot somebody in the face and not CM?

- Clint
View Quote

People tend to die more when you shoot them in the face, would be my guess.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#47]
From AIWB, one shot to an index card at 7 yards averages about 1.6.  Typical FASTs hover just over 5 seconds.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#48]
One of the benefits of my current weight loss (280 down to 235 and counting) will be the ability to start wearing an IWB holster like a Supertuck.

Drawing from my pocket is slow - possibly fatally so.  I have to rely on SA and a general 'Stay the fuck away from me' attitude.  I would probably not now be able to react fast enough to an ambush attack.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quick enough to miss two clays, pull out my old glock, fire of a couple of rounds and miss. lol
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#50]
our BUG qualification is that we should be able to get 2 center mass shots in <1.5 seconds at 3 yards
I can do it from the OWB holster but not from my pocket.  We also have to give a verbal command while doing so.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top