BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First I have to remember which pocket I have my pistol in, or did I even carry one today. But that's just real life problems. Here on the internet I can do a mag dump from deep concealment in about 2 seconds, reload and dump the next mag in 1.5.

Seriously though, if I were in a situation where I needed to draw I would be screwed unless the bad guys would excuse me to the bathroom first.
View Quote

Wouldn't this prompt you to change your setup?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:03:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just curious OP... why are you training to draw from concealment and shoot somebody in the face and not CM?

- Clint
View Quote

They'll immediately stop being a threat with a CNS hit. Center mass usually takes time for them to lose enough blood for them to stop being a threat. Switches vs Timers

Wasn't my drill. My buddy filming with the camera made these up.

In reality I would have never stopped pulling the trigger until slide lock with a threat the close, CM and CNS hits.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#3]
about a second for my Beretta

maybe a second and a half for my sub-compact Ruger
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#4]
1.5 Seconds. I'll be going to deep conceal soon so much longer
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:26:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Great...when you're ready.

Now start practicing when the draw is a surprise. Stand talking to a friend, not facing the target. Have a delay of minutes to draw, then see how fast you are.
It will open up lots of possibilities for improvement. This is NOT a put down in any way, just an observation for us all.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:33:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are gun laws good in Nepal?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:33:44 PM EDT
[#7]
OP, how did you miss the other bad guy during your "scan and assess"?

He was right there!  And now you're dead.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:34:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
From AIWB, one shot to an index card at 7 yards averages about 1.6.  Typical FASTs hover just over 5 seconds.
View Quote

That is good shooting sir.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:34:56 PM EDT
[#9]
We used to do the same drill, first cold drill of the day. First two shots into a standard Index Card at 7 yards. Average your first 5 times and log them.

Good training.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OP, how did you miss the other bad guy during your "scan and assess"?

He was right there!  And now you're dead.
View Quote

Sometimes you have to let one live so they can tell their other friends who not to mess with
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Now start practicing when the draw is a surprise. Stand talking to a friend, not facing the target. Have a delay of minutes to draw, then see how fast you are.
It will open up lots of possibilities for improvement. This is NOT a put down in any way, just an observation for us all.
View Quote

Sure that's understandable.

These are done once you have located your threat though.

If I wasn't ready I would have taken much much longer, like better find cover then retrieve pistol type of longer.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#12]
2 rounds on an 8" plate from 10 yds. in 2.3 sec from concealment. IWB

bamaflinger was the winner at my bachelor party at 2.1 OWB concealed.

The rest of my friends need some serious work.

One who I know doesn't train got hit with stress when the buzzer sounded. He bobbled for about 5 seconds and then mag dumped without hitting anything.

Even my wife can do about a 2.7-2.9
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#14]
My average time from concealment is around 2 seconds.  This was recent as in a few weeks ago when I was doing some drills.  Typically I carry IWB around 4-5 O'clock.  Pistol(s) used included a Shield and a G19.  Clothing included a coat, windbreaker/pullover, and a light long-sleeved shirt all being worn at the same time (layers, it was cold).  I like to practice drawing with what I normally wear not some vest or game setup.

From my pocket it is slower but I don't have the numbers in front of me; from memory it was 2.50 or so seconds on average from buzzer to first shot on target.  My reloads with that pocket gun also suck so that's an area I need to work on.

ETA I was doing El Presidente drills.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Faster than molasses in the winter.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I haven't run a drill like OP's but here's one of my better draws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au5uZ1xhf68
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:54:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Excellent
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Probably somewhere around 2.2 seconds. Cover garments suck. But like others have said, I'm going to have to distract and make distance before I'm even going to bother pulling a gun. It's not worth eating my own lead.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If I wasn't ready I would have taken much much longer, like better find cover then retrieve pistol type of longer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said... I was just curious... BTW, I shoot everything in the face, but I ALWAYS catch shit for it!

- Clint
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top