Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 7:48:23 PM EDT
I've got a 3/4 acre pasture next to the house that needs a new fence really badly.  Today I talked to my 15yo son and he agreed that he really needs a nice .308 rifle, and I really need a new fence.  Work starts Monday and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to shoot it as much as I want.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#1]
So your kid is going to build a fence, and you're going to shoot it up, ok.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So your kid is going to build a fence, and you're going to shoot it up, ok.
View Quote

Yes, as long as the neighbors are out of town.  

My son is high-functioning autistic, this is the first I've been able to get him to decide to accomplish something on his own.  He does pretty good work if I'm standing over his shoulder or if he's cornered like a rat, but he's actually going to pay for this rifle and he's excited to do it.

We set up a little 30-target run-n-gun for him and his friends a few weeks ago, most of them shot .22s and he shot an AR of mine.  He really liked it and I think it helped him turn a corner in his excitement to do something besides play a computer game.

And we get another gun in the house, win/win.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:06:37 PM EDT
[#3]
When the hard work = reward realization kicks in, that is a beautiful thing to see.
Good job dad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top