Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2015 4:03:37 PM EDT
dont, at least not yet.
Massive P2W issue atm, pay for an airdrop, get 90 mags and an AR.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#1]
How often do you get the airdrop? Once per respawn, or one time only?

Kharn

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:08:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Hi folks,

If you feel like the airdrops are an issue for you, you may immediately request a refund to [email protected] - this offer applies till Monday and it applies only to people that have purchased the game as of 10:30am Pacific today 1/16/2015 -

Please note that this is going through us, not Steam. Which means it's a little more work so please be patient with the actual refund (it may take a day or two).

Smed

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#4]
What the hell are you talking about?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:12:34 PM EDT
[#5]
its a disaster , do not buy H1Z1   Smedley has always been a low life dirtbag. its totally pay to win , even after smed said they wouldn't do that.

http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2skzl5/streamer_just_called_in_an_airdrop_it_dropped/

Streamer is awildwatermelonappears. Devs promised this would not be the case.
oh well
EDIT: He called in a second, it had more weapons and ammo.
EDIT 2: A third airdrop called - this one landed much further away than the others, maybe a 20 second hike. Dropped an AR-15, first aid kits, military backpack, waist pack and landmines. Here's an image of what he received (there was also a pistol but it had been grabbed already) courtesy of /r/b4rtt http://imgur.com/oW353Pj
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Got no clue, but if it's got anything to do with charging hammers....I need it

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

Sony's MMO answer to DayZ a zombie apocalypse survival sim.

Edit: And this boy's and girls is why you do not pay for games still in Alpha.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't think it's pay to win, or at least it won't be when they fix the problems with airdrops.  I think people are just a bunch of crybabies and use that term to hate on a game.  I swear some people complain just to complain.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#10]
from Smedley on reddit last night

"we're making adjustments to the airdrops that are appropriate. So yes, we believe in the feature. We also agree it needs work so it's not P2W because I saw the same streams you guys did last night and without these changes i think it's fair to call it P2W."

"thanks for writing this. This is exactly my own personal experience but I did see some times when it was straight up P2W yesterday and we're fixing that completely. It wasn't intentional.. just not everything works the way we intend at first."

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I don't think it's pay to win, or at least it won't be when they fix the problems with airdrops. I think people are just a bunch of crybabies and use that term to hate on a game. I swear some people complain just to complain.
View Quote

According to the article comments this is from the same dude that is responsible for the New Game "Enhancements" to Star Wars Galaxies. So fuck him if true.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:35:57 PM EDT
[#12]
also, they said you could get weapons from airdrops back in august, it seems a lot of the confusion is the difference between crates and airdrops

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Nerd rage?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Nerd rage?

View Quote

pretty much, people nerd raging over a mechanic instead of the terrible state of the launch that would justify such nerd rage.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thank you. I don't have the decoder ring, either.

I thought H1Z1 was a strain of the flu.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

pretty much, people nerd raging over a mechanic instead of the terrible state of the launch that would justify such nerd rage.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nerd rage?

Why would people nerd rage over the terrible state of the launch?  Its not even a launch.  This is not even into Beta testing yet.  Its early stages of alpha!  

I just love when people get into a game early and complain about the main reason for being there, to find the fkn bugs!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Why would people nerd rage over the terrible state of the launch?  Its not even a launch.  This is not even into Beta testing yet.  Its early stages of alpha!  

I just love when people get into a game early and complain about the main reason for being there, to find the fkn bugs!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nerd rage?

lol, I agree

I'm just saying that they would be more justified to be raging about the issues with the servers (server crashes, not being able to log in, terrible lag) instead of the airdrop confusion.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#18]
lol its alpha, they might have set the airdrops up to be OP just so people use the shit out of them.

and looks like they are gonna tone them down anyways.

looking forward to get off work and play the shit out of this
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
lol its alpha, they might have set the airdrops up to be OP just so people use the shit out of them.

View Quote

The problem with the PTW complaint is the air drops fall a decent distance away from the person who ordered one and I have seen and read where the drops are already looted before the person who ordered it gets there.  So to say its PTW right now is just ridiculous.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#20]
The game is still in Alpha early access aka NOT FINISHED YET.  So there is going to be tweaks.

This is why I don't buy early access games because it's an unfinished/unpolished product.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

Good luck  

the servers haven't been stable, but they were supposed to have taken them down about 20 minutes ago for some improvements that'll take about 2 hours.

there may also be an update today, so it might be working by time you get off work.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#22]
What is midly funny from a dev standpoint with all the early access games is that you're seeing a little sliver of what we see working on these games.

The problem with early access is that while we're opening our games for fan feedback (something we usually did through focus groups or reading forums) we are also opening up to entitled "I funded your game" shitbags.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top