Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2015 8:03:08 AM EDT
So I have one of these....

(picture taken from Google, those are not my rifles)

I would like to put it in my office to store an SP1 or two. Mostly I just want it for a cool display. Would like to get some neat ideas. Sure I could just mount it on the floor and bolt it to the wall, but hoping to come up with something better, like build it into a hutch, etc.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:08:06 AM EDT
[#1]
It doesn't matter what you turn it in to. First things first. Fill it up with identical SP1's first. Then come back and ask for ideas. It will not look complete without a full rack.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:09:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Chain it to something so that it weighs more the 300lbs to be in accordance with US Army AA&E storage regulations.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Tag for suggestions.
I have 2 of those damn things collecting dust in my basement for years. I have the rifles to fill them but with optics they dont fit.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Tag for suggestions.

I have 2 of those damn things collecting dust in my basement for years. I have the rifles to fill them but with optics they dont fit.

View Quote
I need some of those racksfor my gun room.  I have th clamshell portable cases too.

Needs lots of Sp1s
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:21:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Chain it to something so that it weighs more the 300lbs to be in accordance with US Army AA&E storage regulations.
View Quote

I was going to lag bolt it into the wall
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:24:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I got two. I stacked them together with a pistol rack in between. Then I bolted them down. I sometimes take the ARs out of the safe and fill the racks when I want to stand in the war room with a beer in hand and admire the greatness.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:34:55 AM EDT
[#7]
The only place I've been able to find racks like those is on a government auction site, but they are auctioned by the truckload. Any ideas where to get just one?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:51:14 AM EDT
[#8]
"Fill it with M-16's" is the only correct answer.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:12:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The only place I've been able to find racks like those is on a government auction site, but they are auctioned by the truckload. Any ideas where to get just one?
View Quote

Sometimes you can find them at old surplus stores. If you can find a surplus store anymore.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:15:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Would look good in the rear window of your pickup.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Those fucking racks are the biggest pieces of shit ever.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"Fill it with M-16's" is the only correct answer.
View Quote

x87
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I got two. I stacked them together with a pistol rack in between. Then I bolted them down. I sometimes take the ARs out of the safe and fill the racks when I want to stand in the war room with a beer in hand and admire the greatness.
View Quote

OMG beer and guns, how have you not killed anyone yet  
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#14]

God, I'd love to have one of those.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Any more suggestions on how I should set up the display? Obvious answer is fill it with M16s.....
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Any more suggestions on how I should set up the display? Obvious answer is fill it with M16s.....
View Quote

Sell your .22 haul to fill it up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I have one that I modified to fit all my guns.

I cut the top shelf off and cut the pistol rack out (funky type of metal).

Now itll hold all my guns, scoped or not. I plan to use my at my own range outside.

Same rack in OP, just modified

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

HAHA!! Somebody spent some time in an arms room, poor bastard.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Open up the wall, and frame it in like you would a window. use some all-thread and washers to secure the rack sides, top & Bottom. Round off the exposed nuts with a Dremel so they can't be turned.
The rack will hang out about 6" but it looks cool as shit with a good vinyl graphic behind it. A friend of mine has one like this, his is an eagle going balls out with the flag behind it. He had it made at a local custom graphic place. I wish I had a pic..

A little more work, however, the finished project looks Stellar!
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:00:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Sometimes you can find them at old surplus stores. If you can find a surplus store anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Its been years since I've seen a surplus store around here.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:10:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Fly rod rack.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:21:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Open up the wall, and frame it in like you would a window. use some all-thread and washers to secure the rack sides, top & Bottom. Round off the exposed nuts with a Dremel so they can't be turned.
The rack will hang out about 6" but it looks cool as shit with a good vinyl graphic behind it. A friend of mine has one like this, his is an eagle going balls out with the flag behind it. He had it made at a local custom graphic place. I wish I had a pic..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

First rate idea there!  thanks!  mine is just sitting on the floor in my gun room, don't know why I never thought of this, hell, I've put a fishtank in a wall the same way you described
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:23:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Fill it full of M16s your silly goose.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:37:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Post a few pictures when you get it done.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:49:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Line your windowless van
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top