Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/11/2015 3:11:44 PM EDT
I need tires for my work car.

The Tire Rack has a set that is perfect for my car and the price is far lower than the local brick and mortar stores.
I'd like to order the tires, ship them to a Tire Rack affiliated local shop and have that shop install the tires.
However, I've never done business with the Tire Rack.  I'm leery of at least one of the local affiliated shops (Firestone).

Anyone here done business with The Tire Rack?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I did twice. Fast, good service.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Fast delivery. Good prices.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#3]
They did fine by me. You could even have Walmart put the tires on for cheap too.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#4]
can't say that I have, I've shopped there but the shipping usually makes me think twice

if you have a Discount Tire in the area I'd recommend them
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Fast delivery.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a good experience with Tire Rack. I got a set of studded tires and wheels for my car. Quick shipping and good prices.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Their prices are good even with shipping costs. The wheel / tire / TPMS  mounted and balanced combo is great. Unwrap and bolt on. No effort required.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#8]
GTG
used them several times
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Yup, as several has said GTG.  Bought my wheels from them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I've bought probably four or five sets of tires through them.  Got one of their installers up the road from my job, so I just drop the car off in the morning and grab it in the evening.  Done it with mine, my wife's car, my dad's car, etc.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Nothing but good experiences. I'm on my third set from them. I did a package deal on my last order for wheels/tires. One of the caps had a broken clip. They overnighted me two replacements.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I live and work only a couple miles from them.

They're legit.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:25:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I have had very good experience with Tire Rack.  They have tires at good prices that I don't have available at local stores. I don't have any experience with having them shipped since  drive the 6o miles to South Bend and have them mount them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They're legit.

http://www.multivu.com/assets/7127551/photos/7127551-tire-rack-campus-md.jpg?1401321296

View Quote

Seems like they have warehouses spaced around the country though.  IIRC mine always come out of Maryland and are at the installer in a day or two.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

They're legit.

http://www.multivu.com/assets/7127551/photos/7127551-tire-rack-campus-md.jpg?1401321296

View Quote
^^ I have done a lot of autocross on that test track in front of the store. When I show up for them to mount tires I may have 2 or 3 sets of racing wheels for them to do.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#16]
GTG, ordered my Blizzaks from them and had my dealer install them. They were the cheapest plus they were offering a $50 gift card.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#17]
No complaints.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Used them a few times, it was good to go.

I take my business the local shop anymore, just on principle
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ditto.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:39:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
GTG
used them several times
View Quote

Same here. Been very happy with tires and rims I've bought from them.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I've probably bought a half dozen sets of tires from the TR. Even with shipping its still cheaper in most cases. I've always got my tires in less than a week as well.

In fact I will be ordering 2 more sets this coming fall.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:41:23 PM EDT
[#22]
I use Discount Tire direct

Compare prices with the TR shipping and the road hazard replacement

I've gotten no questions asked replacement that was free shipped
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#23]
I own a specialty demolition/ general/ concrete specialties construction company. I've got nine vehicles (mostly dually pickups) and twelve trailers (tandems and tandem duals). With so many tires on the road got tired (pun) of sending trucks and trailers to a tire shop and having to pay so much for tires and flat repairs, so I bought a tire machine (mount and balancer). I've trained a few of my guys to use it and now I service all of my tire needs on equipment. I also do tire work for a few of my buddies.

Near all of my tires come from Tire Rack now. Ship fast, good prices, and have gotten everything right. Tires look good and I've had good luck with what's been shipped to me. I order 30-40 tires a year from Tire Rack and keep 10-15 tires in my shop stock. They are good to go.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Bought several sets of tires from them , even one set of rims and tires allready balanced , nothing wrong at all with tire rack
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I would be more worried about the place you choose to put them on. My local tire place let me know that there were going to be some "extra fees" if I brought in tires from Tire Rack wanting them mounted.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#26]
ship them to your house and then take them to your local mechanic or dealer. the dealership i work at has customers do that every so often.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I would be more worried about the place you choose to put them on. My local tire place let me know that there were going to be some "extra fees" if I brought in tires from Tire Rack wanting them mounted.
View Quote

i would never go again to that place. im pretty sure you get raped every time you go there. we charge the same price to mount and balance a tire that comes from us or from tire rack.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They did fine by me. You could even have Walmart put the tires on for cheap too.

View Quote

This...and if you buy the tires from Wal-Mart, you do not have to pay shipping costs...
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#29]

Tire Rack is GTG.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I use Discount Tire direct

Compare prices with the TR shipping and the road hazard replacement

I've gotten no questions asked replacement that was free shipped
View Quote

DTD > Tirerack

if they have the tires/sizes you want
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Tire Rack and Tread Depot are both fantastic resources. Probably have spent 25K between the two of them over the past 5 years. Great companies.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Tire Rack is GTG.

View Quote

DTD charges tax for me.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#33]
good to go.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Their prices are good even with shipping costs. The wheel / tire / TPMS  mounted and balanced combo is great. Unwrap and bolt on. No effort required.
View Quote

This!  No tpms on my Z32 turbo, but it was sure nice to just bolt them on and go.  Obviously this won't be the most cost effective method if the OP doesn't need new wheels, but since tires for the stock rear wheels on the Z (16x8.5") are all but impossible to find it was the best option for me.

Friends have ordered just tires from them without issue.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#35]
I've done it before as well, great experience but if you have a Discoubt Tite near you, they will match.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Last time I looked between the shipping and extras charged by the local tire shops to mount them it didn't pencil out.   That may be different now that its more common.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Tire Rack = AWESOME!  
I have six vehicles and get all of my tires from them!
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#38]
I had good luck with them. Very satisfied.

As mentioned above, you can have them ship to your home and then take the tires to Walmart for the mounting and balancing to save a few more bucks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#40]
I also didnt want my tires shipped to the installer so I had them shipped to the office.  Secretary was not pleased.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Unless you can mount and balance the tires yourself or have a buddy who will do it for a case of beer, it's not worth it.  Most shops will charge you a fee to make up for the profit they're losing when you supply the tire.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Unless you can mount and balance the tires yourself or have a buddy who will do it for a case of beer, it's not worth it.  Most shops will charge you a fee to make up for the profit they're losing when you supply the tire.
View Quote
Sorry but you are misinformed/flat out wrong.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#43]
bought all my tires from them
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:52:50 PM EDT
[#44]

Just ordered from them the other day.

Got my tires overnight.

I had them shipped to me, though.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Like others have said they are gtg

I like that they offer the mount and balance option and they have fast shipping
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just bought tires for my truck.  Tire Rack/Amazon/etc. prices were all higher than simply ordering through my local tire shop.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#47]

GTG.  

Only problem I ever had with them was once a mystery set of tires got delivered to me.  Wouldn't fit anything I had ever owned or owned at the time.  Called them and they sent UPS or whomever to pick them back up.

Never was an order in my name or on my online account or anything.  I had never even ordered from them at that address.  It was a mystery.

-p.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

GTG.  

Only problem I ever had with them was once a mystery set of tires got delivered to me.  Wouldn't fit anything I had ever owned or owned at the time.  Called them and they sent UPS or whomever to pick them back up.

Never was an order in my name or on my online account or anything.  I had never even ordered from them at that address.  It was a mystery.

-p.
View Quote

Shoulda called this guy to figure it out.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#49]
I've used Tire Rack and Discount Tire Direct. No problems with either and would order from them again for my next set.

Last set of tires I bought online I took to a local Walmart and had them mounted and balanced. Was under $40 for the entire set of 4. The local "authorized" installer wanted $100 to M&B the set.

BK
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I just bought tires for my truck.  Tire Rack/Amazon/etc. prices were all higher than simply ordering through my local tire shop.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Excellent.  However, for the last ~10 sets of tires that I bought (all from Tirerack), every purchase was considerably cheaper than any local dealer/chain (even the chain that installed the Tirerack tires for me.)  To say it's not worth it is just not true in each of those cases.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top