Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2003 5:35:22 AM EDT
So who's the bigger pussys, the ladies or those guys who resorted to draggin their butts across a 8" log.

BTW, would ya "waste the kerosine to start a fire" or "lite the lamp" and use that to start a fire, duuhhh.

As a man those yahoos embarrassed the sh%$ outta me last night.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/14/2003 6:02:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I felt embarrassed for those guys at tribal council.  They're there in defeat, one of them is going when they should have mopped the floor with the women, and they sounded like a bunch of junior high boys talking about who they had crushes on and what their chances were of hooking up.

It's not freaking dating/mating show, you tools. Probst was laughing at them.  But I had a feeling they'd really get humbled, the way they were talking trash about the female team.

Half the appeal of the show is laughing at the incredibly dumb moves people make in the game, and this batch looks just as dumb as the old Survivor contestants. "Gosh, I didn't know the conditions would be this harsh."  Damn, woman! You have seen the show before, right?  The exhaustion, hunger, illness, drudgery that the players have to endure for up to 40 days?  Did you forget that part when you applied?

Link Posted: 2/14/2003 6:19:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yeah, I felt embarrassed for those guys at tribal council.  They're there in defeat, one of them is going when they should have mopped the floor with the women, and they sounded like a bunch of junior high boys talking about who they had crushes on and what their chances were of hooking up.

It's not freaking dating/mating show, you tools. Probst was laughing at them.  But I had a feeling they'd really get humbled, the way they were talking trash about the female team.

Half the appeal of the show is laughing at the incredibly dumb moves people make in the game, and this batch looks just as dumb as the old Survivor contestants. "Gosh, I didn't know the conditions would be this harsh."  Damn, woman! You have seen the show before, right?  The exhaustion, hunger, illness, drudgery that the players have to endure for up to 40 days?  Did you forget that part when you applied?
View Quote

Yeah, you just KNOW those guys were picked because of their dumbass ATTITUDES.

PREDICTION: This "Amazon" Survivor will be won by a WOMAN - think of it - this show is [u]engineered[/u] for the woman to win.

It's a fucking set-up!

It's the fucking AMAZON!!!

"AMAZON WOMEN" are superior to men!!!

Get it!?

And I actually think the first challenge was rigged too. Look at the balance beams - the males had a thin, twisted branch to walk across - it looked wet too. Did you notice MANY of the men resorted to "worming" across the beam because they couldn't keep their feet on it because of how slippery it was?

The females had a little wider and little bit FLATTER beam to walk across - and it looked dry too. NONE of the women had ANY problem or slipping occuring.

BUT... that deaf girl - holy CRAP! What the FUCK  is she doing there?! She's stone DEAF!! And she's already crying her eyes out that she can't hear anyone and feels left out! What a load of dead weight she is.

No matter what though, it's rigged. From the selection of dumbfuck numbskulls on the men's team to the slight advantages given to the women in the challenges, this thing is rigged.

Link Posted: 2/14/2003 6:33:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought their attitudes were ok.  But it's just shocking how each batch of new contestants NEVER LEARN FROM THE LAST SHOWS.  Slack off, and people will resent you.  Be bossy and order people around, and people will resent you.  Isolate yourself from the group/not be a joiner, and people will resent you. And always, right off the bat, people will cop bossy attitudes, slack off, and distance themselves.

I was only half-way watching it, but thought it was weird these guys couldn't manage to walk a 10' long balance beam.  Maybe it was rigged, maybe they just choked from pressure.

Even if the challenge was rigged, you can't rig stuff like knowing how to start a fire, fish, or to prioritize food/water gathering and preparation above clean underwear.  Did you see how the women cleaned their underwear in the pot they're going to cook and boil water in? [:X*]
I have a feeling the ladies are doomed.
Link Posted: 2/14/2003 6:39:14 AM EDT
[#4]
i actually thought it was kind of funny that they were talking about chicks at the tribal thing. but i'm 19. :)

i would have run across the balance beam. that's the trick to them.

i only caught the last part of the show.
Link Posted: 2/14/2003 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#5]
They applicant screeners intentionally find folks who are volatile, bossy, idealistic, and just plain dumb.  Smart people are no fun to watch, because there isn't any conflict.  I noticed there isn't a shortage of lazy people on these shows!
Link Posted: 2/14/2003 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I want to lodge a protest. The women's log looked to be flat on top, while the men's log was uneven.
Link Posted: 2/14/2003 10:31:26 AM EDT
[#7]
You guys are fucking hilarious!!!  [ROFL2]

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
[red]PREDICTION: This "Amazon" Survivor will be won by a WOMAN - think of it - this show is [u]engineered[/u] for the woman to win.[/red]

It's a fucking set-up!

It's the fucking AMAZON!!!

"AMAZON WOMEN" are superior to men!!!

Get it!?
View Quote

[b][size=4]HA! Told ya so![/size=4][b]

[nana]

Damn, I'm so tired of being right ALL THE DAMN TIME!!![:D]

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:57:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Won by the one who washed her underwear in the cooking pot.  Unbelievable.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:03:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I now am assured that my decision to get rid of TV in my house a year ago, was a correct one.

Pretty pathetic what American society had denegrated itself to.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#11]
god im suprised you guys even bother watching that Crap.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:18:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
god im suprised you guys even bother watching that Crap.
View Quote

Sure beats wasting time on internet discussion forums racking up thousands of posts. [img]http://www.full-auto.com/ubb/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Hey, wait a minute... [BD]

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:02:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Can't remember which season it was, but when interviewed after she was kicked off, one contestant that cried about how hard beforehand though it was completely staged, and when cameras stopped, they'd get to climb in an air conditioned trailer between shootings!  Some stuff is rigged, and some dramatics are staged for TV.  No doubt.  I find it also amusing that we the viewers are only getting a narrow version of what went on there.  Each person has a cameraman following them around 24 hours a day, and I bet they could take one season, and make 10 or more versions of that season from the different footage.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:12:10 AM EDT
[#14]
REALLY CYRAX777.THESE SORT OF SHOWS HAVE ZERO INTREST FOR ME.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#15]
This one was a joke !
If it actually was a survival situation Jenna would have been the first one clubbed to death and eaten !
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:41:30 AM EDT
[#16]
anyone here think she wasnt nearly as "hot" as everyone played her up to be?

her beauty was a "handicap?" no her laziness and stupidity was!

i would have left her for dead...
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:57:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This one was a joke !
If it actually was a survival situation Jenna would have been the first one clubbed to death and eaten !
View Quote

You dont understand what the show is about.  Physical survival is secondary to the game they play, their lives aren't in any real danger. The game they play is about social survival, political survival.  The physical hardships help to fray nerves and a person's will to endure. The huge money prize brings out the contestants' willingness to lie, decieve, and betray each other.  

It's really interesting to see how some of them try to maintain their ethics or integrity, but then abandon them in order to stay in the game, then to hear them rationalize and defend their actions to other people, who judge them, but would do the exact same thing themselves.

There are a lot of levels to the show that you can't really see unless you actually watch a few complete episodes.  Most dismiss it as another dumb reality show, and never even get to understand what the show is really about.

This game was interesting, because the producers seperated the teams by gender, which had never been done before.  It was really interesting to see how the women split up; there was animosity between the young chicky snacks and the older broads.  Was also cool to see how differently both the men and women acted when they were seperated and when they were in each other's company.

Interesting to see how the cute young chicks were fully aware of their power over men's behavior and were willing and planning all their strategy around that, while the men when were alone were ga-ga over them and all they could talk about were their chances to hook up and whether the girls liked them or not.  Scary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top