Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2014 2:26:21 PM EDT
I'm in that weird state where you click one article on Listverse, and then maybe one more, and then you look up and 3 hours have passed. I thought some of yall might like this one. It had a few people that I hadn't heard of.
Top 10

Led by Colonel Xie Jinyuan, the Heroes holed themselves up in a warehouse with the simple aim of holding off the advancing army as long as possible. Thanks to conditions on the ground, Jinyuan could only recruit 450 men and had to publicly inflate the number to 800 to try to deter the enemy. Not that this helped. On October 27, 1937, the Imperial Army flooded into Shanghai, bringing with them tanks, rockets, and heavy artillery. The so-called 800 Heroes managed to hold them off for four whole days.

Nearly all of the Heroes died when the Japanese finally overran the warehouse. But while they defended it, 500,000 Chinese soldiers and civilians escaped the city.
View Quote

For some reason they didn't mention that Finn that killed all those Soviets or that Waffen SS Green Beret...can't remember their names. Still pretty cool, click around and waste the day.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:30:03 PM EDT
[#1]
lots of badasses, lists are too short.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a top 10 list, but Chuck Norris holds positions 1 through 9.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top