Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2014 8:54:25 PM EDT
"One, a six feet, eight-inch tall man named Derrick Jordan - “Stretch,” as friends call him - whisked an AR-15 assault rifle out from a pickup truck parked near the entrance."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-ferguson-protests-20141126-story.html#page=1

Good for these guys protecting their neighborhood, they sound like some upright people. The article goes on to demonstrate the value of being able to open carry.

"Missouri allows the open carrying of firearms. State lawmakers recently passed a law overriding any local ordinance that banned the open carry of firearms by people who have concealed weapons permits.

R.J. said on Monday they chased away several groups of teenagers rampaging through the area.

But they have also had a close brush with soldiers from the Missouri National Guard, who mistook them for looters, he said. The guardsmen, rifles raised, had handcuffed one man before Merello came outside the store to explain that the residents were trying to help, not hurt."
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Teenagers.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Teenagers.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:01:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Good for them.

Stand up for you friends, family and your community.

I would guess that at least 70-75% of the residents of that neighborhood want nothing to do with the looting, rioting buttholes.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:03:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Too bad there aren't any shops or restaurants left for them to open carry in. But maybe the riots have taught the sheeple a lesson.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#5]
"One, a six feet, eight-inch tall man named Derrick Jordan - “Stretch,” as friends call him - whisked an AR-15 assault rifle out from a pickup truck parked near the entrance."

Yeah, because a 5' 8" man named Derrick with an AR-15 isn't dangerous.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#6]

It's a shame they have to make something of race, but I guess that's what it's all about.  
I'd be happy to read about businesses being protected, period.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good for them.

Stand up for you friends, family and your community.

I would guess that at least 70-75% of the residents of that neighborhood want nothing to do with the looting, rioting buttholes.

View Quote

I'm willing to bet nearly all the violence that took place was from people that were bussed in for that exact purpose.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Good for him. I think a lot of people of Ferguson are about as fed up with the BS as the rest of us.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Good for them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Good on them.

Watch out for the OK ARNG tho...
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's a shame they have to make something of race, but I guess that's what it's all about.  

View Quote

No, we need stories of GOOD black guys with guns!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:16:32 PM EDT
[#13]
tell me more about the machine pistol
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:16:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Excellent.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:21:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Good.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:33:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The article goes on to demonstrate the value of being able to open carry.
View Quote

I think so. I used to be one of those people who disagreed with open carry and thought it was tactically unsound, but I've changed my mind.
All of the stores that were left untouched seem to have one thing in common:
Somebody with an openly carried firearm was present to discourage looters/rioters.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Good for them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:44:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think so. I used to be one of those people who disagreed with open carry and thought it was tactically unsound, but I've changed my mind.
Somebody with an openly carried firearm was present to discourage looters/rioters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, open carry of a firearm on your/your businesses property is more than reasonable.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
If it wasn't, there would be nothing to write about.  Sadly, the media keeps the races further apart than the would be otherwise.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:48:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I personally think open carry is a useful escalation tactic.  I would normally never open carry (even though I absolutely support the right to) simply

because in normal circumstances, the chances that I might need a gun are small, and I don't wish to alarm or advertise.  However, what is

happening to the good citizens of Ferguson is not normal, and so they need to up the ante in very blunt, graphic terms.  A slung rifle and a handgun

openly on the hip do a nice job of that.  Good for all of these people.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm sure the media coverage of a white store owner shooting at black teenagers attempting to rob/loot/assault his place of business would be quite different from a black store owner doing it. The end objective would still be the same, though: to vilify gun owners.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:51:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, but the 6' 8" man can rip your arms off and beat you with them after he shoots you...
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right, but I think we need both.  It would do us good to have whites with guns in front of black owned businesses too.  Pretty soon it just becomes "guns in front of businesses", and the next thing you know guns have brought us all together.  

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Good for them.

Interesting that the NG soldier pointed his gun at the guy and cuffed him. I wonder what the guy was doing to make him think he was committing some kind of crime.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah, open carry of a firearm on your/your businesses property is more than reasonable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think so too. The guys that push open carry by aggressively posing in a restaurant will turn people off to open carrying. But, the legitimate exercise of legal open carry allows you to be outside and armed with your rifle.  Just the display of arms has protected property and life, without ever firing a shot.

The news article, possibly without even intending it, is presenting a pretty positive example of responsible firearm ownership.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:56:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Good.

If shit went down in my hood I'd be outside the Korean restaurant down the street.

Love me some Yuk gae jang and Hite on a cold day
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:58:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Waiting for Sarah Brady, Gabriel Giffords, or the poltroons at MSNBC to tell us how wrong this is.

Still waiting....
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:04:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Damn The Tribune.

I was hoping for pictures, but that site is off limits to me.  :(
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Glad to see that the people of Ferguson are stepping up against the looting dipshits...
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

"One, a six feet, eight-inch tall man named Derrick Jordan - "Stretch,” as friends call him - whisked an AR-15 assault rifle out from a pickup truck parked near the entrance."

View Quote
however... a 6'8" guy with a rifle is a bit more intimidating

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top