Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/5/2014 9:12:26 AM EDT
My son will be with him every other week. Seems solid from what i know. Really do not give a shit about her and glad she found someone. He seems to be a good distraction  from her railing on me . What questions should I ask him?

ETA   The ex and I don't talk at all...our daughter was 16 and passed away unexpectedly a few years ago. My wifes dad died just as my daughters funeral started. A  few weeks later I found out my wife was sleeping with someone she works with, almost half her age. So I had a lot to deal with at the time. No worries I am a strong person so I dealt with it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:14:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Beans or no beans?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Beans or no beans
9 or 45

870 or 590

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:18:20 AM EDT
[#3]
He may be a member here. He has a decked out ar on his face book and apparently makes a shit load more money than I do..
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Ask him for a job and some .22LR?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I am going to see if he wants to go quail hunting together. What could go wrong?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Keep an open mind, and try to be cool. He could be a great guy in spite of being with your ex.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#7]
That's just my trunk gun, the decked out ones are in the safe.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#8]
he seems to be so no worries on that....

Quoted:
Keep an open mind, and try to be cool. He could be a great guy in spite of being with your ex.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:34:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Hahahahaha....I hope he is an arfer I have not met the guy but to be honest, what I have heard, I like him.  Fuck, what if we become friends?

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#10]
My ex thinks I should be best buddies with her new husband.

I'm not, but he seems like a decent guy.

The thing is, now he's going through all the bullshit I went through with her and their marriage is on the rocks after a year. I feel a bit sorry for the guy, but it makes me smile because I know that's not my struggle any more.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:40:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Three way?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I am not even going to warn him what he is in for....but want to know how he will handle certain situations with my son. That's all that matters to me..
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#13]
fuck, I am done with that ham wallet....

Quoted:
Three way?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:45:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Three way?
View Quote

bring the paper plates
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:46:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am not even going to warn him what he is in for....but want to know how he will handle certain situations with my son. That's all that matters to me..
View Quote

That is a healthy attitude.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:46:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Talk about the child but not the ex, if he brings her up be cool and politely change the subject.  Other than that just talk guys stuff, like meeting a fellow arfcommer for the 1st time.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Not trying to sound gay  but I love you guys
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#18]
My current wife used to hang out with my ex wife. It was strange. No 3 ways but it was weird as hell to come home and have both them sitting there bullshitting with each other.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the only thing that should matter. You are doing it right OP
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#20]
FWIW, I loved my ex's exs, he had a type, so naturally, we were similar people. I hope he gets a new woman so we can all be friends.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#21]
But what questions should I ask him?  Really started this with the hopes PlaneJane would give me some advice. She was there for my...well...medical issue a while back.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:57:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Three way?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:00:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Ask him if she still does that thing with her tongue.  Start things out right.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Take the high road, be a gentleman who has moved on and wish him the best mentally for taking that crazy bitch off your hands.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:03:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
But what questions should I ask him?  Really started this with the hopes PlaneJane would give me some advice. She was there for my...well...medical issue a while back.
View Quote

Just make friends. He's going to be parenting your kid, if you can have good relations with him, that's a good thing.

Do what you usually do to make friends. Once you're friends , discuss parenting.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:03:18 AM EDT
[#26]
There's a reason why she's your ex and if he could put up with her while you couldn't, maybe he's not so bad.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#27]
I read the title as "I'm meeting my ex boyfriend" and thought this was a bigpony thread...
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:04:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Three way?
View Quote

Oh hell no!
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:04:40 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm not sure you gave basis for why you should be asking him much.  She is your main contact for the child, and what she and he do while with your son is her responsibility, choice, and influence.  And I'm writing that knowing full well that it sucks.  

But he's just a boyfriend, and those come and go in a single mother's life for a while.  He'll be good to your son if he wants her to be good to him.

The best way to 'ask' him questions is more to just strike up a friendly conversation with him (maybe using her as the start of the conversation) as if he had every potential of being a good friend.  He'll tell you his interests, share what you guys have in common, and you can judge his character by some of that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:05:43 AM EDT
[#30]
You sound like you are headed the right way. No reason to hang out and drink beer. You just have to tolerate him and be social .
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Just make friends. He's going to be parenting your kid, if you can have good relations with him, that's a good thing.

Do what you usually do to make friends. Once you're friends , discuss parenting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

just think how awesome it would be for your kid to have two positive male role models.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:09:47 AM EDT
[#32]
I can't believe I'm the first to say - pics of the ex or it never happened.

Seriously, focus on son, it's all about him and his emotional wellbeing at this point. Remember, he didn't ask for any of this. It could turn out to be a very positive experience for him if everyone remains cordial and cooperative. Best of luck to you.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:12:02 AM EDT
[#33]
That's the right way to do it, OP. He's going to be in your kids life don't make it harder than it has to be. I've met my my wife s ex, they have 2 kids that we keep 90% of the time and he gets the rest, and he is OK. I dontbtalk to him too much BC our schedule is different but I know the boys are in good hands and he knows the same.

His new girlfriend, however, fucking psychotic and think she is on the way out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:12:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Yes, probably a plus all around if the ex settles into her new life and son gets a less dramatic domestic situation.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Oh hell no!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Three way?

Oh hell no!

Op should bring a paper plate. You never know.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#36]
We don't talk at all...our daughter was 16 and passed away unexpectedly a few years ago. A  few weeks after I found out she was sleeping with someone she works with, almost half her age. So I had a lot to deal with at the time. No worries I am a strong person so I dealt with it.

Quoted:
I'm not sure you gave basis for why you should be asking him much.  She is your main contact f the child, and what she and he do while with your son is her responsibility, choice, and influence.  And I'm writing that knowing full well that it sucks.  

But he's just a boyfriend, and those come and go in a single mother's life for a while.  He'll be good to your son if he wants her to be good to him.

The best way to 'ask' him questions is more to just strike up a friendly conversation with him (maybe using her as the start of the conversation) as if he had every potential of being a good friend.  He'll tell you his interests, share what you guys have in common, and you can judge his character by some of that.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Who is bigger?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My son will be with him every other week. Seems solid from what i know. Really do not give a shit about her and glad she found someone. He seems to be a good distraction  from her railing on me . What questions should I ask him?
View Quote

Get the names and addresses of all his family members.   From his folks on down.  Where they work etc.

Inform him in private  that if anything happens to your son while on his watch that there will be hell to pay.

Just saying.

ain't joking.

gd
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:22:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Is he into three-ways?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You sound like you are headed the right way. No reason to hang out and drink beer. You just have to tolerate him and be social .
View Quote

+1.  just make sure the kids are happy and being treated good.

Oh and in your story I'm coming from your ex's bf view in my relationship. I don't say more then a couple words if any  to this guy every time I drop the kids off to him. (my girls ex) is a dad that wanted to harm me when he found out she found a new guy and that the kids loved having me around.  

It may be awkward for him too so basically just introduce your self  and ask what he does for a job then go from there.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Beans or no beans9 or 45
870 or 590

View Quote

This should be a tshirt.

I'd buy 3.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:28:04 AM EDT
[#42]
My ex is PITA, I'm much happier dealing with her new husband than her. We drive halfway across GA to meet for visitation and it's usually just him I'm meeting so I'm very thankful to not have to deal with her. He's several years older than her and exactly what she needed instead of me, a daddy

So you may find it a better situation.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm sorry for your loss OP.

Sounds like you have a healthy attitude on this issue.  That is the most important aspect (to me) in order to ensure a stable environment for your son.

I have two teenaged daughters. I am not looking forward to my ex wife finding a boyfriend. Creeps me out that the may be around some random guy.  One thing ex and I did agree on is no cohabitating unless married.  Maybe the only rational thought she's ever had.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote

It's better that way.   You're done with the ex from the you and her relational point of view.

No sense in keeping whatever fights happened between you and your ex alive.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#46]
So her new guy is like you, but moreso? If she cheated on you, she will cheat on him. If she is insistent on bringing boyfriends into your son's life, this could be the start of a series of decent guys that rotate in and out off his life. Not directly harmful, but definitely teaches him things about men women that won't serve him well later in life.

I am in a somewhat similar situation as you, and while I do not lack for female companionship, they are only companionable when I don't have my son. The weeks that I do have custody I turn into a romantic hermit. My son knows very little about my female friends, other than that I have them. If they don't like that arrangement, they go their way.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#47]
"ham wallet....
"  

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:06:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I am going to see if he wants to go quail hunting together. What could go wrong?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is he a lawyer?  If you like the guy, don't bring Dick Cheney.  If you don't . . .
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Maybe I missed it but how old is your son?

Also, so sorry to hear about your daughter.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Hahahahaha....I hope he is an arfer I have not met the guy but to be honest, what I have heard, I like him.  Fuck, what if we become friends?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

that would be the ultimate payback, in all honesty.  Really shows you don't give two shits about her, and most ex's HATE not having that emotional power over you.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top