Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2014 5:20:39 AM EDT
Anyone remember playing that game in the early ninties?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HeroQuest

I had this game with three of the expasion kits.

It was a pretty awesome game when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:37:48 AM EDT
[#1]
That was probably one of the best boardgames that I had as a kid.  Eventually it would lead on to AD&D.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:40:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I played the hell out of that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:43:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I have not played it for a long time, does it still hold up well?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have not played it for a long time, does it still hold up well?
View Quote

It's a turnkey RPG that you can play with noobs and still have a lot of fun.

The main barrier is the length of time it takes and attempting to explain even a simple ruleset to people who don't understand what an RPG even is.

There are much better systems.  There are much easier to play systems.

This one just had the best commercials.  

I still have my copy with all the expansions and everything.  I'm very much looking forward to my kids getting old enough to play it.  Even with a bunch of nerds for friends, it's hit-or-miss at parties.

You're better off with Settlers of Catan or Age of Wonders (or similar) if you want a good party game.  But it can be done, it's still as good as it ever was, but of course it's no D&D 3.5.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:12:12 AM EDT
[#5]
NVM. Different game.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:14:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Do you know how cool this shit looked to 10-year-old me?  

I first played it at a friend's house.  I never wanted to stop.  It was amazing.

It's still a pretty good game, for what it is.  But it is a kids' game, let's be honest.  Which is fine, and adults can have lots of fun playing kids' games, but if you're feeling disappointed by it all these years later, it might be good to remember what it is.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:34:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I couldn't even mention things like that in my house without someone trying to exorcize demons out of me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top