Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2014 12:07:33 PM EDT
No, joke, this happened to the server I was playing on last night. The game is Garry's Mod.

Basically, the server was hacked so that when you join the game the usual custom intro picture was changed to that of wartime Syria with blood covering the streets and people just looking devastated. One woman was looking at what appeared to be a puddle of blood with some form of mangled remains laying in the street. It also had text stating "America needs to stop interfering with Syrian Internal Affairs." I'm almost positive it was that exact language. Aside from graphic images, there would be random pictures of Assad just starring at you.

I found the exact picture of one from a google search of "syria bombings woman." Here you go - http://guardianlv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/syria5-650x365.jpg
I didn't hot link it, because I do not know exactly what I am looking at. -ETA looks like I did but not sure how.

Anyways, the server admin said this was caused by self proclaimed syrian army hackers. Only reason why this server could have been targeted was it had America in its name or least that is the only thing I can think of. What the absolute fuck do they think they will accomplish by taking down a small player based server in a video game?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:09:33 PM EDT
[#1]
um...

ok.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#2]
CSB
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:11:44 PM EDT
[#3]
How dare they interrupt my war gaming with pictures of war.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:11:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Also it was probably just 4chan fucking about.

Quoted:

View Quote

Garry's mod is just a sandbox game where you build shit.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It really bummed out my gaming mode bra. The admin did a little tracing of where these attacks originated and everything pointed to syria, but at that point I lost interest.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It really bummed out my gaming mode bra. The admin did a little tracing of where these attacks originated and everything pointed to syria, but at that point I lost interest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They probably used a Syrian proxy. It's not that hard. I'm really sure you weren't hacked by Syria.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They probably used a Syrian proxy. It's not that hard. I'm really sure you weren't hacked by Syria.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh I know its easy to due, just more of the why bother? The whole situation just seemed like why would anyone care to do this 4chan or syria. Trollling or not, it was funny to mock the situation.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:23:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh I know its easy to due, just more of the why bother? The whole situation just seemed like why would anyone care to do this 4chan or syria. Trollling or not, it was funny to mock the situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

They still host servers for that game?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Itshappening.gif

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No, joke, this happened to the server I was playing on last night. The game is Garry's Mod.

Basically, the server was hacked so that when you join the game the usual custom intro picture was changed to that of wartime Syria with blood covering the streets and people just looking devastated. One woman was looking at what appeared to be a puddle of blood with some form of mangled remains laying in the street. It also had text stating "America needs to stop interfering with Syrian Internal Affairs." I'm almost positive it was that exact language. Aside from graphic images, there would be random pictures of Assad just starring at you.

I found the exact picture of one from a google search of "syria bombings woman." Here you go - http://guardianlv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/syria5-650x365.jpg
I didn't hot link it, because I do not know exactly what I am looking at. -ETA looks like I did but not sure how.

Anyways, the server admin said this was caused by self proclaimed syrian army hackers. Only reason why this server could have been targeted was it had America in its name or least that is the only thing I can think of. What the absolute fuck do they think they will accomplish by taking down a small player based server in a video game?
View Quote

Unplug your computer and go outside and play!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top