[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

At these price levels we'll find the true cost of fracking.

There isn't a lot of profit producing synthetic oil at these levels.  For some fields $90 a barrel of synthetic oil is too cheap to keep up production. Let's not forget "fracking" doesn't produce oil.  It produces a substance that can be turned into synthetic oil, but it requires a lot of energy to do it.

There is no such thing as "shale oil".  It's a misnomer.  If prices drop much more a lot of production will have to come off line.  

WTF are you talking about.

Fracing is to allow more production out of the formation.  It doesn't TURN anything.

You did get your last sentance correct. "shale oil" or "sands oil" can only be productive if the $ per bbl stays over $65.00 US.

I hear that $82.00 bbl is the magic number...at which new exploration will cease. I'm good with $90 - $100 bbl oil....lest we have the same thing happen with crude as happened to natural gas when the bottom fell out.

You that cheer for cheap crude prices should be careful what you wish for. It could lower prices...temporarily...and cost tens of thousands of good paying jobs, a sell off of domestic drilling infrastructure to other countries...and once the production dwindles....skyrocketing gasoline prices. The last time this 'government induced' bullshit happened (70's) ...we lost the vast majority our domestic drilling infrastructure, became dependent on foreign oil....and it is still coming back.

Free Market Economy for the win!

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Time to ban fracking.
View Quote

I thought you were going to start talking about invading the USA for its blood-oil.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#3]
cheap gas- check

plenty of good steel - check

now lets get these damn insurance companies out of the way

bring back the firebird, GTO, CHARGER, CAMERO, BARRACUDA, ROAD RUNNER ALL WITH GIGANTIC BIGGER ENGINES LONGER HOODS BIGGER BENCH REAR SEATS  and louder stereos  
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not hoping for another oil bust or anything... but it would result in a corresponding collapse in some of the land prices around here.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Jimmah Carter created the US Dept of Energy to end the USA's dependence upon foreign oil.  And what a fine job the DOE has done...
View Quote

I always thought Jimmy was an inbred chronically masturbating idiot with like siblings and extended family, but Obama has made him look like a  genius comparable to Leonardo Da Vinci, Albert Einstein and Booker T. Washington.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It'd sold overseas for more?

Not enough refineries?

Guesses
View Quote

bingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggo

FBHO

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:12:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:14:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The USA

View Quote

The US is overtaking Saudi Arabia to become the world’s largest producer of liquid petroleum, in a sign of how its booming oil production has reshaped the energy sector.

US production of oil and related liquids such as ethane and propane was neck-and-neck with Saudi Arabia in June and again in August at about 11.5m barrels a day, according to the International Energy Agency, the watchdog backed by rich countries.

And gas is over $6 a gallon in most of AK.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:16:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There is still an export ban on crude.....but obviously, the loophole is just to refine it here and then ship it overseas.  

We are still importing shit ton of oil, mostly from South America and Canada.

The bottom line is that if we wanted to lower the price of gas / diesel for Americans, it could easily be accomplished.  But that's not going to happen....you know, because of  "capitalism"government
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It'd sold overseas for more?

Not enough refineries?

Guesses

There is still an export ban on crude.....but obviously, the loophole is just to refine it here and then ship it overseas.  

We are still importing shit ton of oil, mostly from South America and Canada.

The bottom line is that if we wanted to lower the price of gas / diesel for Americans, it could easily be accomplished.  But that's not going to happen....you know, because of  "capitalism"government

Fixed.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:25:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What kinda gravity are we talking?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The stuff I pull out of the ground in ND is as light as diesel and could damn near be ran through a coffee filter and dumped in a truck's tank.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

What kinda gravity are we talking?  

API between 39 (rare) and 51. Usually 42-47.

I don't know what that is in SAE, and that is all I can find for diesel.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:29:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The USA

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/98104974-47e4-11e4-be7b-00144feab7de.html#axzz3ElO63eOf

The US is overtaking Saudi Arabia to become the world’s largest producer of liquid petroleum, in a sign of how its booming oil production has reshaped the energy sector.

US production of oil and related liquids such as ethane and propane was neck-and-neck with Saudi Arabia in June and again in August at about 11.5m barrels a day, according to the International Energy Agency, the watchdog backed by rich countries.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/stockula/dreams.jpg

View Quote

OP, I opened this thread right as my girlfriend walked by. She demanded that I save that image of the dog so it can be her new cover photo on facebook...
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:31:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So remind me again why it costs $100 to fill up my truck?
View Quote

I just took a look at the Gas Buddy charts out of curiosity.  It appears that gas prices have been trending down since 2011 and Oil just broke through it's bottom trend line this path month.  Interdasting...
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:32:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:40:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So remind me again why it costs $100 to fill up my truck?
View Quote

because we still only produce about half of what we consume.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:29:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
OP, I opened this thread right as my girlfriend walked by. She demanded that I save that image of the dog so it can be her new cover photo on facebook...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The USA

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/98104974-47e4-11e4-be7b-00144feab7de.html#axzz3ElO63eOf

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/stockula/dreams.jpg

I copied it from my friend's facebook when he graduated college.  It cracked me up.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:33:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Yet, the USA cannot legally export its oil.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top