Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't wait for winter.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, really looks like it.  Ok for the kids to play late at night at too I bet.

Was in Savannah a few weeks ago.  Hit and miss, though I'm glad we stayed at the Hampton Inn further east and not near MLK drive.

It was a nice time at Forsyth Park having one bum try to get us to take pictures of the fountain at "this best spot" and then watching from a distance a sketchy dude on a skateboard ride close by, eying the cell phone.  Head on swivel for the win.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
thats a great part of town too

Yeah, really looks like it.  Ok for the kids to play late at night at too I bet.

Was in Savannah a few weeks ago.  Hit and miss, though I'm glad we stayed at the Hampton Inn further east and not near MLK drive.

It was a nice time at Forsyth Park having one bum try to get us to take pictures of the fountain at "this best spot" and then watching from a distance a sketchy dude on a skateboard ride close by, eying the cell phone.  Head on swivel for the win.

Something I learned along time ago avoid MLK drive in any city. And yes that's racist.

Dave
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Video of the restless natives shows lots of laughing and smiling...don't look too pissed off to me...looking more like an excuse to Loot and Scoot...me bets Savannah is gonna get hectic this weekend...
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#4]
They better steal some TVs to get their point across.  Fucking idiots!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
..me bets Savannah is gonna get hectic this weekend...
View Quote

Like the crack of the whip I snap attack
Front to back in this thing called rap
Dig it like a shovel rhyme devil
On a heavenly level
Bang the bass turn up the treble
Radical mind day and night all the time
Seven to fourteen wise divine
Maniac brainiac winning the game
I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

There was a bum pissing in the middle of the main footpath when I walked through that park last year. Felt like I was back at work.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#7]
ebola can solve these problems
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:19:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I live in Savannah, and work downtown.

I didn't know anything happened here until just now on arfcom.

I'm originally from Detroit and so when I moved to the South I came with my prejudices about southerners....but so far they've all been proven wrong. The racial situation down here is nothing like it was up in Michigan. For starters, Savannahans have always lived here....both races have roots going back hundreds of years. So everyone knows people on the other side. There are plenty of friendships across the aisle. They're not foreign tribes to each other. So a riot and looting would be like pissing in your own living room or kitchen - it wouldn't accomplish anything but foul your own neighborhood.

Plus this is the South and the per capital firearm ownership rate is at least as high as the firearm ownership rate of Oakland county, Michigan (2 in 10).

And then there's the Ranger Battalion....and The 3rd Infantry.... and Paris Island.... and...well, it's just silly. I've never slept more soundly than down here.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:04:44 AM EDT
[#9]
You could say those same things about ferguson.

Do you really think they would call in the rangers if there were rioting?!? Who do you think those rangers would be ordered to protect?

But seeing as how you are from detroit i can see why you would see things like that.

I'm always surprised at how nice the LA area is when i visit. That's the nice thing about living here, you can go anywhere for vacation and be pleasantly surprised. Well maybe except detroit.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#10]
They announced this afternoon that the arrest video will be made public this week.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#11]
In an interesting turn of events, there is a petition to address "Shabazz" who led a demonstration against the business for releasing the video per GBI request. By moveon.org of all things

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/demand-a-full-apology.fb49?source=c.fb&r_by=10643077
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

In an interesting turn of events, there is a petition to address "Shabazz" who led a demonstration against the business for releasing the video per GBI request. By moveon.org of all things

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/demand-a-full-apology.fb49?source=c.fb&r_by=10643077
View Quote

I like that and we need a lot more it.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Welp, I guess reports of societal breakdown in savannah were a big premature. It had frequently been stated that "we are not ferguson".   That Shabazz family is in trouble for rabble rousing.

So far the buildings still stand.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You could say those same things about ferguson.

Do you really think they would call in the rangers if there were rioting?!? Who do you think those rangers would be ordered to protect?

But seeing as how you are from detroit i can see why you would see things like that.

I'm always surprised at how nice the LA area is when i visit. That's the nice thing about living here, you can go anywhere for vacation and be pleasantly surprised. Well maybe except detroit.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Ferguson has the MP training facility at Ft Leonard Wood nearby.....moxnix if the POTUS doesn't call them out.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:24:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sounds like 1 cop
GBI taking over
GBI in charge

GBI speaking
Hahaha phone rang
11am
Warrents
Handcuffed behind back. On Video
Fuckwad was able to get his hands in front
Kicked out glass
Cop saw gun

Cop shot.
Dead dude.
Found gun.

No further questions

Officer is on paid leave.

View Quote

FIFY -  there's the story the media will run with.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

They announced this afternoon that the arrest video will be made public this week.
View Quote

It out yet?

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Went downtown and walked around today. Had some lunch, drinks, enjoyed the parks and River St. The only crowds are there enjoying Oktoberfest
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I heard the mayor said something today that upset a coworker but we couldn't talk about it. Not sure how pertinent it was.

"roommate" and neighbors went downtown. They had fun. I worked.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I noticed the past couple days down in hinesville there have been cops chilling at intersections, out of their vehicles. Not really sure what's going on there.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top