Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 8:55:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Barfolomew

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 8:59:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Another vote for Brick. My wife likes Bandit.

Maybe Foster, after the Aussie beer.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 9:16:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Taz.  Short for Tasmanian Devil.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
copper
View Quote

Thank you sir, I did use that name.

Now a sad update.  I took the little guy in for his 3rd set of vaccines on Tuesday.  He was in perfect health.  By Thursdays morning he had the squirts.  Runny squirts.  I figured it was just a side effect of the shot.  I got home last night (Thursday) and he was still squirting, but his happy energetic self.  Spent some time with him and my other  dog.  After I fed him, he threw up his dinner.  He immediately wanted to eat the vomit, but I kept him away.  He began to wind down, like he always does a few hours after I get home, but I could tell something was off.  A couple more squirts during the night.  

He slept all night (I didn't) and didn't want to get up.  He then dry heaved white foam out his mouth.  I wanted to see if he had an appetite (was not going to feed him), and he wanted nothing to do with his food bowl.  I did get him to drink a little bit of water.

Off to the Vet this morning.  He is acting like he has Parvo and very lethargic.  They ran a Parvo test and said nope.  After that, blood work.  During the blood work he shat all over the assistant, and then the Parvo word came back around.  His tests showed low electrolytes, but normal-ish immune system.  His stomach area is tender to the touch.  I had to leave him at the Vet's so they could monitor him and get some fluids in him.  $$$

What's so weird is how he got so sick very quickly, and how it started just a day after his last Parvo shot.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Best wishes for your pup.  I hope he pulls through.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Great dogs can be a little bitch with strangers. Only had to replace 2 tires on my car from ours biting mine as I leave for work!!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Best wishes for your pup.  I hope he pulls through.
View Quote

Poor lil fella,   best wishes!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Hope she pulls thru.

The litter mate to my Blue Heeler got Parvo. It was tough but she pulled thru.

Keep us updated!

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Get him on some beef and rice for a few days at least...  I'm sure your vet is doing all the right tests, so don't worry just yet. We had some issues with our dog as a puppy and it turned out to be severe food allergies.

Best of luck, I'm sure the little fella will be fine...
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Had he been wormed?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:21:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Had he been wormed?
View Quote

Yeah, he had been wormed prior to me taking him, and then wormed again at my Vets on Tuesday. I did speak with the Vets office a few hours ago. He is stable and not getting "worse". Basically he's getting fluid and keeping it down with no vomiting or diarrhea. I asked if he was going stir crazy inside the cage as was told "No".  That means he is still sick cause if he were feeling good he would be going ape shit. The staff mention he is a little charmer and flirting with them.

The Vet wanted to keep him overnight. I wanted to bring him home, but couldn't get to the Vet before they closed. Will know more tomorrow am I hope.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Hope the little guy continues to improve, he's a great looking pup!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Hoping and prayer for a good out come. Love my dogs
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Poor pup. Hope its nothing serious.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Back home again.  Vet wasn't sure what the issue was but says it wasn't Parvo.  Little guy ate something that didn't agree with his system.  His energy level is 87% and climbing.  Feeding him a special canned food plus rice milk for now.  He's a Starving Marvin and very hungry.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 3:40:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Good looking pup!! Glad he is getting better! My puppy did that too, but it wasn't that bad. That was almost 2 years ago and he is doing great!

I like copper or roo also.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/Brauer/Forest/Copper8914.jpg

Back home again.  Vet wasn't sure what the issue was but says it wasn't Parvo.  Little guy ate something that didn't agree with his system.  His energy level is 87% and climbing.  Feeding him a special canned food plus rice milk for now.  He's a Starving Marvin and very hungry.
View Quote

You can tell by the look on his face that he's feeling better. "Put that damn camera down and play with me!"

I'm glad he's OK.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top