Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2003 10:31:17 AM EDT
I have never seen a gun ever get up and shoot anyone by itself. Have any of you?

sorry rant off.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on your definition of gun and also depends on whether Denise Richards was naked in front of you.  [:D]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Guns don't kill people, PEOPLE with guns kill people...  just like:

dogs
water
drugs
alcohol
cars
quarter pounders
knives
mowers
earth (if parachute doesn't open)
electricity
fire
smoking
etc...........[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Not yet.  But I keep an eye on the S&W cam as often as possible.

I don't trust guns that are unsupervised and left alone too long. [:D]

[url]http://www.roughwheelers.com/montego/gun_cam.html[/url]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#4]
This rant is directed at my MIL. A big gun hater, although she is the first to ask "Are you packing?" If we have to go to a bad neihborhood. IE into one where the residents make 2000 a year less than her husband.

She will literally shake with fear and loathing if my gun is sitting on the coffee table when she is over. She is afraid its just gonna go off and shower the room with a hail of bullets. So i take it apart. Now she is more scared cause its more likley to malfunction now. I try to show her its unloaded.
"Only UNLOADED guns kill people!!!" she screams.

I'm sick of this.
She is soo eager for me to protect her, but as long as she doesnt have to face any facts or reality. She even makes sure I am carrying around her kids when we are out, or in her house when I am over.

I did promise her the children will never find out that I carry. Her youngest daughter asked me once why i was not scared to jog in dark places ( we jog together, she rides her bike, she is ten). I told her because I am very safe and that when ever she is with me she is very safe from bad people too. She asked WHY? I paused..... She said Cause you have a gun?
I told her "Thats a secret. Don't tell anyone."
She said "Tell anyone what?"
me: "About my secret.."
Her: "What secret?"
Me: "Good Girl."

(edited to add: I am working on this girl to be a GOOD citizen. She loves watching me play Raindow 6, with the blood turned on. She even wants to shoot when she gets old enough. BTW as far as I know, she has never actually SEEN my sidearm. So I don't know how she knows.)

You can't fool children, and not all children are fools.

NO FLAMES. My sidearm NEVER leaves my body when I am around my soon to be WIFE'S family, and when they are over it is locked up or on my person.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 11:40:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not yet.  But I keep an eye on the S&W cam as often as possible.

I don't trust guns that are unsupervised and left alone too long. [:D]

[url]http://www.roughwheelers.com/montego/gun_cam.html[/url]
View Quote

OMG!  I've been looking for that cam and couldn't find it.  Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top