Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2003 6:40:32 AM EDT
I've run ad-aware (totally updated) and it can't find it.  There is a "free scratch and win" icon on my program bar in the lower right corner (XP) that I can't delete,shut down, anything.  I think I found the program call KFH or something like that, but I can't get rid of the files since the desktop icon is using it.  any suggestions?

Also, is there a way to keep these friggin things from being put on there to begin with?
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:08:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you comfortable messing with the registry?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:25:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Either modify the registry, use Boot up to command mode and delete it!

Or try going to System Information (if you are afraid of your registry), and disable the application on bootup. Then restart (or terminate from the task list) and delete the file(s). Then clean up the registry... Could be a trojan... submit it to a Norton and McAfee! hehe
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 8:33:52 AM EDT
[#3]
How exactly do I mess with the registry?  
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#4]
How exactly do I mess with the registry? nooo dont do ittt. if you have to ask that best to seek compentent help if you do the wrong thing it only gets worse [;d]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top