Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2003 5:45:15 AM EDT
[size=4]Solana's 'Theory of Relativity'[/size=4]

by Hal Lindsey  Posted: January 9, 2003
1:00 a.m. Eastern © 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

I was fascinated to read a report in the London Financial Times explaining why it is that our erstwhile European allies seem to be on the opposite side of any equation in which the United States is a factor.

Like most Americans, I am perplexed by the inexplicably predictable opposition most of our European allies have to all things American – even if opposing the U.S. runs contrary to their own best national interests. Even Canada often fits into this category.

Take the war on terror, for example. Osama bin Laden has made no secret of the fact he is just as happy to kill Europeans or Canadians as he is Americans. To bin Laden and his ilk, there is essentially no difference between us.

[b]We are all infidel nations and we all must either convert to Islam or die.[/b]

But to the Europeans, it isn't a war against terrorism, but rather a fight against individual terrorists. While it may seem like a distinction without a difference, it isn't. There is a vast difference between a "fight" against individual terrorists and a "war" against the religiously based ideology that drives them.

In a fight, once the individuals are defeated, it's over. In a war, it isn't over until the ideology that spawned the fight in the first place is vanquished.

According to Javier Solana, Europe's foreign policy chief, Europe's fight is with the individual al-Qaida network, and only to the extent necessary to hold them at bay.

Solana told the Financial Times that the shared values of America and Europe are really little more than a political myth.

In point of fact, Solana says the two sides are growing further apart. And the reason isn't political differences, but rather the result of what he calls the "cultural phenomenon" of religion.

[b]Specifically, he feels, America has "far too much religion." And the American view of religion is just too rigid.[/b] In this day and age when America is a post-Christian society, that is truly an amazing point of view. [b]But it does show that America is living with at least a memory of Christian ethics.[/b]

Solana believes that in the American religiously shaped worldview, "It is all or nothing. For us Europeans, it is difficult to deal with because we are secular. We do not see the world in such black and white terms."

To back up his contention, Solana points to the American reaction to Sept. 11. For the Bush administration, he says, the Sept. 11 attacks were an act of war and an expression of an evil ideology. (Thank God for a Christian president.)

Europeans, who unreservedly condemned them, saw the attacks through a different lens: as the most extreme and reprehensible symptom of political dysfunction, operating from within failed states such as Afghanistan.

In Solana's "more sophisticated European view of morality," what the U.S. sees as a war against terrorism and the religious ideology that spawned it, he sees as simply a fight against "politically misguided terrorists."

What is the difference? To Europeans, those who hijack airplanes filled with innocent people for the express purpose of using them as living weapons to kill thousands of other innocent people were not acting out "evil."

But to "the superstitious Americans," such activities are evil. In Solana's view of European morality, there are no absolutes because God is irrelevant, if he exists at all. Therefore, there is no good or evil. Everything is relative. The notions of "good" and "evil" are simply religious superstitions that the "mature societies" of Europe have long since abandoned.

Solana pooh-poohs the Bush administration notion that terrorism is the overriding threat to international security and order. He scoffs at the Bush administration's refusal to deal directly with Yasser Arafat, for example, simply because Arafat is a terrorist.

It is because of Bush's religiosity, together with the influence of the Jewish lobby that keeps America from solving the Middle East peace question. "We just have a very different political analysis over how to deal with Arafat … where we try to pursue engagement rather than isolation," says Solana.

Solana's political solution is to view Arab terrorism as a cry for political legitimacy. Israel's unwillingness to allow the Arabs to be "legitimate" by destroying them is based in religion, not survival. It is truly amazing that some 6 million Israelis are able to deny approximately 120 million Arabs political legitimacy.

Where is Solana's head when al-Qaida states openly that it is really an Islamic war against Christians and Jews? Is he completely ignorant of at least the last 100 years of Middle East history?

Solana and all of his sophisticated Europeans need to remember that it was "the religiously driven American morality" that caused us three times in the last century to come to their aid and save their bacon – World War I, World War II and the "Cold War."

In any case, it goes a long way toward explaining why America and Israel find themselves increasingly isolated in an increasingly hostile world.

[b]Israel and America are the only two nations on earth who claim their right to exist was granted them by God. That offends the secular humanist architects of the European superstate.[/b]

Apparently, it offends them even more than the terrorists' claim that their right to threaten their very existence was granted them by Allah.

It isn't all religion that Solana finds offensive. Only the superstitious American Christians and the evil Zionist Jews.

Just as the Bible prophets predicted would happen, Europe is perfectly prepared for the Antichrist to come and take them over.

[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=30395[/url]

[b]Maranatha![/b]

Eric The('Lord,ComeQuickly')Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:49:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:55:32 AM EDT
[#2]
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

Freedom of religion, AND freedom FROM religion.

[url]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22separation+of+church+and+state%22&spell=1[/url]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:56:09 AM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://www.euroswapper.com/coins/200_GR.jpg[/img]

Eric The(EuropaEuropa)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:04:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, [b]Kar98[/b], the phrase 'Freedom of Religion and Freedom From Religion' is found nowhere in the US Constitution.

I firmly believe that Freedom From Religion is precisely what Europe has now! Great!

The biggest bunch of pussies on the face of the earth!

The French of May, 1940, would look with glee upon the Germany of 2003!

But what should I expect from someone who grew up in one of the vassal states of the very first officially atheist state in the history of the world, i.e, the Soviet Union?

Have you tried telling the folks in East Texas about this? [:D]

You really should, since you feel so strongly about it! I would think a few letters to the Editor of the Marshall newspaper would be good!

Just remember to use your Board name, so that when you're lynched, we'll know when to mourn.

Eric The(Jes'FunningYou,Son!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:05:58 AM EDT
[#5]
kar98, Please read the other side of the story. Read America's Providential History. I t's a good book to read with hisrorical fact. It should at least make you wonder. If you cant find a copy, I'll help get one for you, if you would like.
Kevin
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:10:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well, [b]Kar98[/b], the phrase 'Freedom of Religion and Freedom From Religion' is found nowhere in the US Constitution.
View Quote

It's right there: [i]Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion...[/i]

The biggest bunch of pussies on the face of the earth!
View Quote

You are aware that the German contingent in Afghanistan is the largest after the American?

[snipped for containing irrelevant and futile attempts of personal insults; besides, you won't find a more rabid anti-communist than me]

You really should, since you feel so strongly about it! I would think a few letters to the Editor of the Marshall newspaper would be good!
View Quote

I'm posting on their webboard as well, under the nick Sixgunner :P

On the other hand, (I just checked), I have about 2000 posts on one of the largest German webboards (www.heise.de), plus about 5,000 posts on Usenet, where I am relentlessly promoting American culture and offer insights into our American way of life, under the handle [email protected]; so you're being a fucking prick for calling[1] me a commie vassal, and I don't care if you add "jes funnin you", it doesn't make a fricking bit of a difference.

[1] jes funnin you, of course
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:40:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Post from Kar98 -
It's right there: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion...
View Quote

And you glean from that, what? Do you understand what an 'establishment of religion' is? I hope so!

The Founding Fathers were referring to the same thing as Great Britain's establishment of the 'Church of England' as THE church of the Realm!

[u]That[/u], to my knowledge, was never done here in America, eh?

But you have extrapolated quite a bit from such an innocuous sentence....have you not?Just like the liberals do! Be careful! Adding to or taking away are things that should not be done to our Constitution!
You are aware that the German contingent in Afghanistan is the largest after the American?
View Quote

Surely, the old martial spirit dies hard in some nations, and Germany is one of them. But the French of May, 1940, would [u]still[/u] be pleased as punch to listen to the German politicians and media of today!
so you're being a fucking prick for calling[1] me a commie vassal, and I don't care if you add "jes funnin you", it doesn't make a fricking bit of a difference.
View Quote

Temper, temper! I did not call YOU a commie vassal, but East Germany was what? Strudel, or a commie vassal state?

Yes, I can certainly see how you could wind up getting lynched! [:D]

Eric The(SouthernBaptistsAreToThe'Left'OfMe)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:40:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Hmmmmm, Are you saying Anti-Christ , and the "New World Order" are going to come out of Europe?? Surely you jest?? The only nation that has the economic and military capabilities to do that is.... well, YOU know who! Don't you think Anti-Christ, will be as an "Angel of light"? Don't you think the beast system will appear as "good"?
[red]Isaiah 5:20  Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter![/red]

"Beware of those who come in sheeps clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves.."

Revelation 13:4  And they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast. [blue]And they worshiped the beast, saying, Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with it?[/blue]

If individuals can become Apostate, and reject God, don't you think the same is true for nations??
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:42:36 AM EDT
[#9]
"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly.  Amen.  Even so, come, Lord Jesus."  Revelation 22:20

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:51:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Post from liberty86 -
If individuals can become Apostate, and reject God, don't you think the same is true for nations??
View Quote

Or religions?

[b]Revelation, Chapter 17:[/b]

3   So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

4   And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

5   And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

6   [b]And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.[/b]

7   And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

8   The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

9   [b]And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.[/b]

I think that pretty much ties the Beast and the Anti-Christ to Europe, don't you think?

Frankly, I can't see the United States at all in this [b]Revelation of Jesus Christ[/b], do you?

And that may bode well, or badly, for us!

Eric The(SouthernBaptistsAreToThe'Left'OfMe)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:56:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Revelations has alot of interesting things in it.

Re-read chapter 11 as well...
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:57:28 AM EDT
[#12]
                                              "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a
                                              lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in
                                              unrighteousness." II Thessalonians 2:11-12 (KJV)

"...Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their
                                              abominations. I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them;
                                              because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did
                                              evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not." Isaiah 66:3-4 (KJV)

ETH ...the Euro coin...sure looks like a woman riding a beast to me...The Euro Union's giant computer in Brussles is still refered to by its operators as "The Beast"

The commie friendly ACLU has spouting that garbage about separation of church and state since WW2...seems like many of their commie fellow travelers love to get any expression of faith removed from Americas institutions and family life...You must destroy the foundation of a nation before it can fall...

I dont buy Karhr handguns because the money flows into the Moonies Unifiction Church -a false Christian church..this family has been deeply involved drug dealing child abuse and crime..With Moons son's mysterioius death in Las Vegas..."Rev" Moon (according to his abused former daughter in law) never ever takes his hands off any business venture he claims to have hands off....It was Moonie cult money that started that business BTW)

IMO anyone who claims to be "a rabid" anticommunist yet takes up the very cause of one of Americas most rabid pro commie organizations is suspect...and in the words of "The Bard" "doth protest.....too much?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:17:47 AM EDT
[#13]
The apocolypse will have to wait as I currently have no plans to travel to europe.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:29:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hmmmmm, Are you saying Anti-Christ , and the "New World Order" are going to come out of Europe?? Surely you jest?? The only nation that has the economic and military capabilities to do that is.... well, YOU know who! Don't you think Anti-Christ, will be as an "Angel of light"? Don't you think the beast system will appear as "good"?
[red]Isaiah 5:20  Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter![/red]

"Beware of those who come in sheeps clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves.."

Revelation 13:4  And they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast. [blue]And they worshiped the beast, saying, Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with it?[/blue]

View Quote

Yes, definitely nations and how about alliances of nations? If the entireity of Europe is consolidated, could and argument be made that this European Union would be the largest superpower on the planet?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

[b]Maranatha![/b]

Eric The('Lord,ComeQuickly')Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus."
Revelation 22:20
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:54:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In a fight, once the individuals are defeated, it's over. In a war, it isn't over until the ideology that spawned the fight in the first place is vanquished.
View Quote

That is perhaps one of the most [b]brilliant[/b] bits of wisdom I've ever read! I definitely have to remember this one!

Israel and America are the only two nations on earth who claim their right to exist was granted them by God.
View Quote

Criminny! Is this true? [shock]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, definitely nations and how about alliances of nations? If the entireity of Europe is consolidated, could and argument be made that this European Union would be the largest superpower on the planet?
View Quote

If Europe is consolidated, economically and militarily they still could not hold a candle to the US. The only way it could happen is if for some reason we crash and burn. Today we are the most powerful nation on earth, no question. WE came out of Europe. The harlot spoken of, IS NOT the beast system. She has not the power militarily or economically. The beast system must be unchallangeable both economically and militarily. At this moment, and for the forseeable future, the only nation that fits the bill is the US. It may also be worth mentioning, that we as the largest, (most powerful), nation on earth today do not seem to be mentioned in prophecy. This would seem to me to leave only two alternatives. 1) WE as a nation are not significant enough to mention in the last days. (ie, we have fallen). 2) WE are the beast system, and leader of the "New World Order", (George Bush Sr.'s words).....

[red]Revelation 13:11 ¶ And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12  And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13  And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14  And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15  And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16  And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17  And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.[/red]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:08:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:11:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That is perhaps one of the most [b]brilliant[/b] bits of wisdom I've ever read! I definitely have to remember this one!

Israel and America are the only two nations on earth who claim their right to exist was granted them by God.
View Quote

Criminny! Is this true? [shock]
View Quote

Yes, it is true.....
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:14:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Post from 9divdoc -
ETH ...the Euro coin...sure looks like a woman riding a beast to me...
View Quote

And not just 'any' beast, but Zeus, a Greco-Roman god! How biblical! [:D]
The Euro Union's giant computer in Brussles is still refered to by its operators as "The Beast"
View Quote

I have always thought that computers would figure in to the End Times equation. Whether it was to identify the 'mark' of the Beast or to have the power to give 'life' to the image of the Beast, I can't say, but computers are in some ways just another Tower of Babel.

If we build a tower tall enough, we can walk into heaven. If we build a computer smart enough, who needs a god, any longer?

It is the old lie told from the very beginning - 'Man is the measure of all things.'

Eric The(MeasureThis!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:15:53 AM EDT
[#21]
I have been under the assumption that the US is a non-factor in the final days and that Europe is the breeding ground for the Anti-Christ. No scripture to back me up, just my impression from reading Revelation.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:20:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Interestingly, several of the States had an established religion even after the Constitution was ratified.  After all, the first amendment by its terms only applies to Congress; only later was it foisted on the states.

Thomas Jefferson, a deist, is the one who promoted the "separation of church and state."  He did not write the US Constitution or the Bill of Rights.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:31:45 AM EDT
[#23]
I heard on the radio this morning that english school kids are now going to "pay" for their school (state) provided meals by giving a retina scan. Even the kids who pay their own way will do this the story said, so that the ones who are getting free tax leach meals can't be made fun of and identified by their paying friends.  Ain't gubnimint schools great?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top