Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2003 5:42:51 AM EDT
So just what the hell is a "gun crime" anyway? Is possesion of an evil replica gun a "gun crime". It sounds to me that the statistics just indicate that more acts are being classified as "gun crimes", concomitant with an increase in street crime. Viola! A significant increase in "gun crimes".

I said it yesterday, I'll say it again today: Statistics are used by most people in the manner that a streetlamp is used by a drunk - more for support than illumination.

Story [url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/2640817.stm]here[/url].
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:57:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Bah, those idiots are never going to learn regardless of the facts.  Screw'em...[chair]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:04:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Pathetic.  Simply pathetic.  And some of them believe that banning everything will actually DO something!

Here's my little reply to them:
I see some very smart comments here.  Your laws will not affect criminals, as they do not obey the laws.  The laws banning this and that only affect law abiding citizens, and consequently make them easier victims.  An unarmed man is attacked with greater confidence.  England has slid down the slippery slope, and will continue to slide, as long as the means and ability of law abiding citizens to protect themselves is stripped away from them.  
-resting peacefully at night, knowing I have a loaded handgun close by, and have the right to use it to protect myself.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top