Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 6/17/2014 5:26:48 PM EDT

The United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit has ruled against terrorism suspect Adel Daoud, saying that he and his attorneys cannot access
the evidence gathered against him. The Monday ruling overturns an
earlier lower district court ruling that had allowed Daoud and his
lawyers to review the legality of digital surveillance warrants used
against him.

In May 2012, Daoud, an American citizen, was arrested in Chicago after
having orchestrated the bombing of a downtown bar. However, the bomb was
a dud, provided by FBI handlers who encountered his postings online.

In a December 2012 session of the US Senate, Sen. Diane Feinstein (D-CA) cited Daoud’s case (although not by name) as an example
(PDF) illustrating why her colleagues should support renewing the
Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). That piece of legislation
contains the controversial Section 702, which provides the legal
authority that the National Security Agency uses as the basis for Prism and other surveillance and data collection programs.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/06/court-terror-suspect-cant-get-nsa-evidence-gathered-against-him/

View Quote

Well would you look at that, the most transparent administration in history, hiding behind secret evidence, against an American citizen, in one of many false flag they've perpetrated. - TS

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure about false flag... but it is interesting that the government claims they can deny discovery of the convicting evidence.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like the movie I just saw Closed Circuit, were secret evidence could not be seen by the plaintiff.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Has this sort of shit ever *not* led to government death squads and people getting disappeared?  
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Judge is wrong.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#5]
lol
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:43:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Put me on he jury and the guy would walk free regardless if I thought beyond a reasonable doubt he was guilty. Reason, one has the right to view the evidence presented against you to help build your defense. Not looking so much at this particular case alone but others that would come after it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Judge is wrong.
View Quote

Cite?

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Absolute horseshit. This ruling is a travesty.
View Quote

yep

he was probably a bad guy, but this has bigger implications. Who's next?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Cite?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Judge is wrong.

Cite?

This
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Judge is a tyrant.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Put me on he jury and the guy would walk free regardless if I thought beyond a reasonable doubt he was guilty. Reason, one has the right to view the evidence presented against you to help build your defense. Not looking so much at this particular case alone but others that would come after it.
View Quote

I agree

I'm thinking it has something to do with the gathering of the evidence.  Wasn't there a thread here about how evidence for cases was being sterilized. Not by content but by source. To protect whoever gathered the evidence.

Maybe an ongoing undercover op.

Or some illegal method of intelligence gathering.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:11:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I agree

I'm thinking it has something to do with the gathering of the evidence.  Wasn't there a thread here about how evidence for cases was being sterilized. Not by content but by source. To protect whoever gathered the evidence.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree

Just some good federal agents lying to the courts.  You know, like they do in a free country.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Secret courts, secret juries, secret evidence.

Hmmm, where have we heard this all before?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:18:34 PM EDT
[#16]
What.The.Fuck....

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean you would Serve on a Jury?  You wouldn't try to get out of it like so many other Arcomers!

Hell just cooled down a bit.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:21:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

What.The.Fuck....

View Quote
you're next, comrade

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#19]
This is starting to remind me of "V for Vendetta"
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Has this sort of shit ever *not* led to government death squads and people getting disappeared?  
View Quote

I don't think so. Tough to prove a negative, but it's a very slippery slope.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

In a rapidly growing line.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Judge is wrong.

Cite?

This

Wait, is he talking about the presiding judge in this case or The Judge(tm)?

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Judge is wrong.

Cite?

This

The presiding one.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#24]
ALL OF THE ABOVE.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

The presiding one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Judge is wrong.

Cite?

This

The presiding one.

Rock on then dude.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:34:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, why have a trial at all?  

Was the verdict written in advance of the first hearing?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Secret evidence? Why not secret witnesses, a secret verdict and a secret sentence?

Fuck it, just have the police kill him when they find him. Avoid all this messy paperwork.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:56:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

You'd never hear about it on the jury. Also I believe this was one of the occutards that they busted when that was still going on.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:36:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You'd never hear about it on the jury. Also I believe this was one of the occutards that they busted when that was still going on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It matters not.  If the accused does not have access to the evidence being used against him, we are throwing out hundreds of years of the basic traditions upon which western law is founded.  

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It matters not.  If the accused does not have access to the evidence being used against him, we are throwing out hundreds of years of the basic traditions upon which western law is founded.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But...but...terror.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

But...but...terror.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But...but...terror.

Yep.  

If not terror, then there's the govt.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Cite?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Judge is wrong.

Cite?

The constitution.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Secret evidence? Why not secret witnesses, a secret verdict and a secret sentence?

Fuck it, just have the police kill him when they find him. Avoid all this messy paperwork.
View Quote

I have bad news for you.

We've already seen secret verdicts, witnesses, and sentences.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Judge is wrong.
View Quote

He normally is.

NM , misunderstood
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:44:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Not quite false flag... but when they go around trolling the internet for pissed off people to give fake bombs to, it comes pretty close.

Honestly, whose idea was it to actually do anything?  This guy or his fake co-conspirator?  I suspect the latter.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#36]
What is the point of holding a trial if the defendant can't have the evidence?
Just declare him guilty and ship to GITMO.

Kangaroo courts.  Top to bottom.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:50:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope.

Maybe go buy some pepper, you already have the other prerequisite....
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#38]
tick....tick....tick....tick....
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

We're probably not that far from most of that now.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:57:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

But...but...terror.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But...but...terror.

Yep.

Everyone is fine with it being done to "occutards" or "terrorists" then when someone like BHO uses it against someone on "the Right" it is the end of the world for people here. lol
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

yep

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep

The constitution applies to bad Americans as well .
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Not sure about false flag... but it is interesting that the government claims they can deny discovery of the convicting evidence.
View Quote

That's not the situation.

Intel that May or may not exist at whatever agency isn't the basis for his prosecution and isn't being used by the gov as evidence in the case.  

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Stalin would be proud .
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

But...but...terror.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But...but...terror.

Yup. Eerily similar to McCarthyism too - just replace communist with terrorist. They are terrorists because the gov't said so, and no, you can't see the evidence...it's a secret.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Intel that May or may not exist at whatever agency isn't the basis for his prosecution and isn't being used by the gov as evidence in the case.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, now it's a party.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:03:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

... And I'm certain that it wasn't a contributing factor to building the case against the guy. Bad guy or not, "off the record" or not...

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea but this evidence was probably used as a basis for a warrant . I am sure an officer has never lied to get a warrant or fabricated evidence

<<<<<<< Had house raided in 93 due to a cop fabricating a story and lying to get a warrant , charges were crap and dropped, no trial . Cost me a lot of lawyer money just the same . The officer did a whole string of these and was promoted
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yep.

Everyone is fine with it being done to "occutards" or "terrorists" then when someone like BHO uses it against someone on "the Right" it is the end of the world for people here. lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But...but...terror.

Yep.

Jesus what is with the butthurt, I never said what the government was doing was okay because of who they did it to. The article never mentioned a sort of relative fact to cover for the left's violent nature and I get jumped on for bringing it up?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  So much this.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top