Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2003 8:41:22 PM EDT
[url]http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mcherald/4843370.htm[/url]

Apparently he needs more training to keep from storing his rifle LOADED!

CRC
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 8:49:43 PM EDT
[#1]
"After review of the incident, this office has determined that deputy Parker committed no crime because he did not willfully discharge his weapon," Flippo said.

What about "willfully committing dumbass?"

[chair]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Remember, they are all "trained to a high degree" and the majority of departments "only allow officers to carry/use these weapons after passing tough training".  

I'd sue the hell out of the deputy.  Not the department, but I'd sue the deputy in a civil court for negligence.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#4]
How many people have their rifle cases embroidered?  Mine's embroidered, it says Eagle on it!

He should have "dumbass" embroidered on his forehead.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:36:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Wanna bet if a ordinary person (you and me) who was carrying lawfully took a [i]inadvertantly[/i] loaded rifle from a case we were having embroidered and had the exact same result we would be facing a slightly differnt outcome and disposition.

I think manslaughter would be our best case scenario.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds "grossly negligent" to me......
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:48:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:56:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sounds "grossly negligent" to me......
View Quote

I agree.  Although his actions weren't criminal, Parker was clearly negligent and is legally liable for damages and bodily injury. Parker may not be going to jail, but he is going to end up broke paying for the poor guy's hospital bills.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:56:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm sorry but why did he get off with just a slap on the wrist?  If I did something like this I'll be in jail.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 12:20:26 AM EDT
[#10]

[b]"Deputy Louis Parker reporting for duty, sir."[/b]

[img]http://members.aol.com/tagsphotoarchive/photos/gomerdep5.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 1/6/2003 12:44:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Damn... he stored a loaded rifle... with the safety OFF... finger on the trigger... while pointing it at a man's abdomen... violating all the basic safety rules... but it was not willful and grossly negligent...

yeah, he needs more training. [noclue]
View Quote

Best response thus far. Yup, he violated every one.

Just imagine if Joe Citizen did the same thing...
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 1:00:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Sheesh. Not very re-assuring knowing that people "trained" to protect us do dumb sh*t like this. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 1:04:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey, all that matters is the officer got to go home safely to his family that night, right?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top