Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2003 7:36:33 PM EDT
I really am tired of the stinky ass and sour milk smells at gun shows.  Didn't your parents teach you how to bath????  My GOD!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The show I was at today there was somebody who had BAD gas, I mean like dog farts only worse. They were following me around too, so I headed back the other direction. [:X*] [puke]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I will second that........
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:44:44 PM EDT
[#3]
And for God's sake wear deoderant.  I swear, the last 3 gunshows I've been at has had one or more people walking around with MAXED out BO, I mean it stinks bad for like a 25 foot radius, lol.  Like they can't smell that themselves?  WTF, no excuse for that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup, we had a fart boy at the show today too.  I just held my breath and walked on through.  Everyone was looking at everyone else wondering who was packing a load in their diaper.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The show I was at today there was somebody who had BAD gas, I mean like dog farts only worse. They were following me around too, so I headed back the other direction. [:X*] [puke]
View Quote

Following you around huh? I say things like that to cover my tracks too. What did you have for breakfast? Eggy Weggies?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe it's not the people. Maybe it's the [b]Beanie[/b] Babies!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#8]
DigDug, were you in Fargo today? Couldn't make this one, just wondering if any good deals down there this weekend. I was at the last one in December and it seemed like everyone in the area was Gunshowed out.

Byron
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Must have had taco bell rot-n-ass omlette for breakfast.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#10]
ARjunky,

This is the big regional show this weekend.  It's in the civic center and the memorial hall.  Quite a few dealers.  Couple class 3 people there too.  Lots of nice toys.  I picked up a SOG flash II knife today, but am going back tomorrow too.

One thing I hate is the dealers that have all the ruger crap sitting around.

Also, it seems every dealer that had glock's wanted more than retail for them.  They think they are gold or something.  I did find a good deal on a glock 22, which I might need to get.  The problem was, the dealer is from minnesota and can't (or won't) sell to ND residents.  He could just do a transfer, but wouldn't do it.

Also, it stank....
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well, went to the gun show this morning. And no, I did not shower. I went to a strip club last nite with RedGoat, 82ndAbn, and Energizer. I figure the stench of cigarettes, cheap stripper perfume, and booby sweat is a fitting scent for a gunshow. HEHEHE
View Quote

Dude, no wonder no womenz will go out with you! [:D]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I know what you mean about overpriced, never got into glocks much, and I hate to admit it but 3/4 the pistols I have are rugers. I do need to pick up a good 1911 though. Maybe in Souix Falls, usually a good show for us.

Byron
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#14]
ARjunky,

There is a really big show up in Grand Forks at the Alerus center in april that is really big.  You should make it up for that one.  It's a good one.

EDIT:  Rugers are fine, but if you're a dealer...sell something in addition to every ruger currently made.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well, went to the gun show this morning. And no, I did not shower. I went to a strip club last nite with RedGoat, 82ndAbn, and Energizer. I figure the stench of cigarettes, cheap stripper perfume, and booby sweat is a fitting scent for a gunshow. HEHEHE
View Quote

WTF! You mean ilikelegs hasn't photoshopped the entire scene for us yet?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#16]
My buddies usually go to that one, never made it yet. Might have to this year. Made it to the big show in Grafton last couple years though.

Byron
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I saw a lot of unkempt people at the last show.
Not only do a lot of people not get up early enough to bathe, but I think a lot of them forget what a comb or a [i]new[/i] baseball cap looks like.  It gets bad when the lanes are narrow and the crowd moves slow, although the farting is good strategy if you want to look at an item at a table where there is a large crowd![:D]  I would think it would get you right up to the table!

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I saw a lot of unkempt people at the last show.
Not only do a lot of people not get up early enough to bathe, but I think a lot of them forget what a comb or a [i]new[/i] baseball cap looks like.  It gets bad when the lanes are narrow and the crowd moves slow.

View Quote

I've seen the baseball cap people.  I didn't know caps could get a grease stain around the headband like that!  [puke]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Funny you mention this. Plenty of Groadhogs at the show today. Some grubass actually had the nerve to reek of alcohol.

After we left, Tweety and I were in the car and I asked her how big the ball of dirt would be if we dug out from underneath all the groadie's fingernails. I told her for the next show, it would be worth the $50 for the weekend to rent an 8 foot table and hand out sample bottles of deoderant and mouthwash.

She spit her Junior Bacon Cheeseburger all over the dashboard laughing.

LETS ALL GET TRASHED AND GO TO THE GUN SHOW!!

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I thought in North Dakota people froze and being smelly was impossible?  

[:)] I lived in Williston, Minot, and Grand Forks all in North Dakota.  I actually kind of liked it there.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:19:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#22]
schapman43,

You must have been in the Air Force?  ND is a great place to live....gets a bit cold in the winter, and gets kinda hot in summer.  The people are friendly for the most part.  A lot of people who move away for the big city end up moving back because the quality of life is so good.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#23]
I sometime think I am the only one at a gun show that knows what a razor is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top