Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2003 4:24:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#1]
LMAO---While we're on the drive up ATM's. What's up with the brail on the buttons. This makes me very, very nervous!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#2]
the brail is for blind drivers.
don't worry the dogs tell them when to turn.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:11:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I installed a sign package for a local hospital not too long ago. These days, signs have to be "ADA compliant" which means that EVERYONE should be able to use them.

The funny thing about this hospital job was that I had to put a brail sign on EACH operating room door.

I had quite few people comment on them. My reply was that there was going to be a new doctor that was a "little" sight-impaired and that he would bitch if he didnt have brail around. Half the dumbasses believed me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i know the buttons have brail on them. but just how the f*ck do they read the crt screen?

mike
View Quote

Good point!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Think about it from a production standpoint: would you rather make two machines to build ATM's? One for walk up service and one for drive up service. Or just one type that has the features needed for both?
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
i know the buttons have brail on them. but just how the f*ck do they read the crt screen?

mike
View Quote

Good point!
View Quote

I'm pretty sure the ones with brail also have that computerized voice thingy....
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate ATMs. The fees, the long lines...

I can't wait until we all have implants in our hands that we can just wave under a scanner and pay for anything we want to buy!

The only downside is that we'll have to buy some device so that we can scan our hands to buy stuff over the internet. But, while I'm sure the scanners will be expensive to begin with, they'll get cheaper as they get more widespread and the technology gets better.

WOW! the future will be so cool! As long as we let it get it that way. I can't wait to get rid of my wallet!

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I hate ATMs. The fees, the long lines...

I can't wait until we all have implants in our hands that we can just wave under a scanner and pay for anything we want to buy!

The only downside is that we'll have to buy some device so that we can scan our hands to buy stuff over the internet. But, while I'm sure the scanners will be expensive to begin with, they'll get cheaper as they get more widespread and the technology gets better.

WOW! the future will be so cool! As long as we let it get it that way. I can't wait to get rid of my wallet!
View Quote

Hmmm, won't that mean the end of cash, and thus the unpapered transaction?  If one wanted to, one couldn't just disappear/blend into a new community as every transaction you did would be logged.  Not only that, but without an implant it would be difficult to conduct business.

Not to put on the tin-foil hat, but I don't think this implant thingy is a great idea.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:00:36 PM EDT
[#11]
[Imbroglio-like laugh] Heh heh heh [/Imbroglio-like laugh]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:34:22 PM EDT
[#13]
My x-wife works at a DRIVE-IN SPERM BANK.
She is the friggin C.E.O. ( Chief Ejackulation Officer). Rumer has it she got fired for swallow'n. (dam, she was a spitter back when...
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
ATM Machine = Automated Teller Machine Machine.

I think that's like a VIN Number or a BCM Module...

[;)]
View Quote

Ya beat me to it!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:08:47 PM EDT
[#15]
You know, if you got an accounts payable chip in your hand and and accounts receivable chip, well, further down...you could be your own prostitute.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#16]
[tin foil hat]Sure the chip in my hand.  Good, now put the chip in my skull, so that big brother can track my ass via GPS.  Great Idea!!!
[/tin foil hat]

Great Idea!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:32:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I hate the stupid "English" or "Spanish" option at the beginning... when pressing the English button, I always say loudly "English, considering this is AMERICA!"
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 6:45:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Subject: ATM machine instructions

Please note that your Bank is installing new "Drive-through" teller machine instructions. Customers will still be able to withdraw cash without leaving their vehicles.
To enable customers to use the facilities more efficiently, the following procedures have
been drawn up. Please read the procedure that
applies to your own circumstances (i.e.MALE or FEMALE).

MALE PROCEDURE
1 Drive up to the cash machine.
2 Put down your car window.
3 Insert card into machine and enter PIN.
4 Enter amount of cash required and withdraw.
5 Retrieve card, cash and receipt
6 Put window up
7 Drive off

FEMALE PROCEDURE
1 Drive up to cash machine
2 Reverse back the required amount to align car
window to machine
3 Set parking Brake, Put the window down
4 Find handbag, remove all contents on to
passenger seat to locate card.
5 Turn the radio down
6 Attempt to insert card into machine
7 Attempt to insert card into machine
8 Open car door to allow easier access to
machine due to its excessive distance from the car.
9 Insert card
10 Re-insert card the right way up
11 Dig through handbag to find diary with your
PIN written on theinside back page
12 Enter PIN.
13 Press cancel and re-enter correct PIN.
14 Enter amount of cash required
15 Check make up in rear view mirror
16 Retrieve cash and receipt
17 Empty handbag again to locate wallet and
place cash inside
18 Place receipt in back of checkbook
19 Re-check make-up again
20 Drive forward 2 feet
21 Reverse back to cash machine
22 Retrieve card
23 Re-empty hand bag, locate card holder, and
place card into the slot provided
24 Give appropriate one-fingered hand signal to
irate male drivers queuing behind
25 Restart stalled engine and pull off
26 Drive for 2 to 3 miles
27 Release Parking Brake

[beer]
View Quote

You missed the part where they count their money 15,000 times just to make sure they got $80.....
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:16:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Speaking of brail lettering for blind people that is in public bulidings for places like men's and women's restroom doors, tell me, how does a blind person know that a restroom door is there in the first place in order to check the brail lettering????

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:11:33 AM EDT
[#20]
11 Dig through handbag to find diary with your PIN written on theinside back page
View Quote

DAMN that brings up bad memories of a g-friend that I once had.

She used to do that exact same thing.  I asked her why EVERY PIN that she had was completely different AND not something she could remember.

She had a list of like 10 PINs in that litle book, and none of them could be remembered.
But keep in mind she was the typical "Check Bitch" -- writing a check for a $5.00 purchase when she had $30. in her pocket.
She was an embarrassment everytime we went out.

BISHOP

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:18:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
ATM Machine = Automated Teller Machine Machine.

[;)]
View Quote
It's the machine that makes ATMs
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:07:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Do ATM's have to be registered under the Gun Control Act of 1934, after all they are AUTOMATIC?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:10:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I hate the stupid "English" or "Spanish" option at the beginning... when pressing the English button, I always say loudly "English, considering this is AMERICA!"
View Quote

Hmmmm....

America - Named after an Italian, discovered by a Spaniard, currently consisting of land controlled at one time by any of thousands of indigenous tribes, Spain, France, England, Mexico, or Texas; established as an independant country in a war against the English - who had colonies in what is now the East coast of the US. I fail to see your point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top