Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2003 9:27:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Post from Hawkeye -
My sons wouldnt be able to sit for a week.
View Quote

[u]Your[/u] sons are likely not to be a problem!
Children like this will be the end of this nation.
View Quote

Yes, they will.

Unless we are able to raise our children to put an end to such foolishness! I don't think that may be possible any longer.
I hope they are not of the majority.
View Quote

Trust me, they are, and if they are not, then they will terrorize the majority just as they were able to terrorize the majority of adults on that train!

[b]Come quickly, Lord.[/b]

While there is still faith on the Earth!

Eric The(Faithful)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Bring back corporal punishment!

When I was that age, I would have been in fear of what my dad would do to me. There were times when he threatened me with an arse whooping and was serverly pissed at him that he would do such a thing.

Now I'm greatful he did.

The looming threat of harsh discipline is a great inducement to behave yourself until you can fully figure out on your own that behaving yourself is the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:44:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I would submit that scumbags like this are a minority, and will likely kill each other off before they get old enough to do any real damage.

What scares me is the adults that let this happen, and those who are young today but who will be the ones defending these vermin years from now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:46:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

My sons wouldnt be able to sit for a week.
View Quote

Are you sure about that?  Kids, at least in public school, are told to call 911 if any parent or guardian threatens them or in any way touches them that is "uncomfortable".  We are going to hell in a handbasket and it is because we are prevented by law to do anything about it.

That is why there are parents that are divorcing their children no days.  They have to in order to protect themselve from any liability for what their little a$$hole kids do.  It makes me sick!

I know my ass would have been hurtin for a week if I did something like that but I truely believe that I am from the last generation that feels that way.[:(!]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:50:56 AM EDT
[#6]
He would have been shocked when the handcuffs went on...
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:59:11 AM EDT
[#8]
What should we do?
View Quote

How about beating the ever living snot out of a child with no manners or respect for anyone?

I saw plenty of unruly children when I used to work in NYC and took the subways everywhere.  In my experience a school-age kid acting up would generally draw a hail of "STFU" from the general populace, and a decent tongue-lashing from any mothers on the car.  

Well, we can reduce economic disparity, work to strengthen social networks and make equitable our systems of education. We might also try to take ownership of that which happens in our society by actively engaging in it, even when it means authentically interacting with strangers from time to time. It might be helpful, too, to openly discuss our mistakes and failings.
View Quote

Typical liberal garbage.  "We need to talk about our feeeeeeeeeeeeelings, we need to engaaaaaaaaaaaaage society's problems."  God that makes me sick.  Has society really become this pussified, or do the people with no backbones just have bigger mouths?

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:03:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like typical inner-city youths to me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:40:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Recently, a local talk radio talk show had a mother as a guest on the show. The woman told her story about her unruly teenager who would sneak out at night and was starting to be sexually promiscuous at age 15. The kid was running around with a 20-something crowd, using drugs, drinking, screwing, and generally being a bad kid.

Apparently they tried grounding, talking, counselling, and other means of resolution where the kid's self-esteem is "protected" and the parent is a "peer" instead of a "lording ogre". All of which was of no avail. One night, the police brought the daughter home after raiding a party. When the parents asked the cops what they should do about the problem, the officer responded, "If it were my kid I'd spank them". So, the next time the girl came home with alcohol on her breath, the dad spanked her with his open hand on her buttocks over jeans.

The next day, the girl was squirming around in her seat at school, and when the teacher asked if she was okay, she said she was in pain from being spanked by her father. Down to the counsellor's office she went where Children's Protective Services were called. The father was subsequently arrested for domestic violence and ordered to appear in court. When he appeared, the judge returned a guilty verdict and stated, "Even if you disagree with your child's choices, you must learn to accept them as an individual."

As a result of being convicted and the judge's statement, the parents decided to remand custody of the child to the court and make her the judge's responsibility.

What kind of kids do you expect in a society where a judge tells a parent a kid is to be considered equal and all the kid's choices should be respected?
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:16:50 PM EDT
[#13]
As I've said MANY times...

In cases like these, abortion should be retro-active.

Wecome to the citizens of the future.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:21:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I would have worn his little butt out.

R35
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, you may not like this but first, you could try to inform the authorities and offer to witness. If the choice is to confront, then you're just taking your chances.

On a more general level, I for one, don't really buy the "we are doomed" stuff. The notion of delinquent children is not exactly new and I honestly beleive that the "good" people of this country far, far outnumber the bad. And while the "bad" need to be dealt with, and I certainly don't have all the answers on that one, I think it's important to remember that we weren't all the choirboys we seem to recall ourselves being. And some of us turned out not half bad.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:42:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Another reason I carry a gun and won't use public transportation.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:46:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I didn't read all the replies but the reason no one confronted the kids is because what would they do in a train car full of people?  I mean, if it were some dip shit kids and no one else around I would whoop some ass, but with such a pussy society around you never know which one of those adults would turn you in for taking the pen from the little shit and shoving it up his ass.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 1:06:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Not really smart for a woman to antagonize these pricks.  However, I can't believe not one man stood up for her.  I would have said something, though I likely would have been armed as well.  [:D]

These little pricks are getting bold these days around the DC Metro area.  He probably had a knife.  Maybe even an illegal gun.  My guess is a grown man could have gotten the better of the situation -- easily.

As this is "Berkeley of the East" they just stick their noses farther in their book and pretend it isn't happening.  At 13, there would have to be parents at the end of that ride...right?  I would have followed them on home.

Or used my cell phone to call Metro security to meet me and them at the next stop.  Take the FUCKING POWER BACK -- geez!

Ed
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Well if this had been 1950's America I suppose somebody, any adult around who was a parent would have picked the kid up and swatted them a few times.  Then got their name and phone number and called their parents to explain what happened and what the child did. And then the kid would have gotten it again from his Dad.

I suppose some of America is still like that.
It looks like these children today are not getting any of the rod whatsoever.

But I was not allowed to back talk, cuss, sass, or do anything wrong.  I have had my butt beat so hard.....

As go the people so go the Nation.

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#22]
About 10 years ago, we were at an FFA show where our son was showing his pig.  Others were showing sheep and cattle.  The announcer made the comment that you hear about a lot of bad kids in the news today.  But, you know what?  There's a whole bunch of good, responsible kids here who get up early every morning to take care of their animals, do their chores, go to school, etc.  You never hear much about them, but you're looking at some of them right now.  
Damn near made me cry.

We hear about all the bad kids, but we rarely hear about the good kids.  There's a lot of them out there and, if when know one, we need to encourage them every chance we get.  Most kids love positive attention from an adult.  Especially one that's not their parent.  All you have to do is ask them how school's going and listen to the answer.  Or if they participate in something like soccer or music, give them an encouraging word.  It doesn't really take much to have a real effect.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Right this in stone. I LOVE my children. I will kill the first person to ever hurt them. But I WILL discipline them, and it will be with corporal punishment when needed. If they grow up to be loosers, it WILL NOT be because of lack of parenting on my part.
View Quote

It's parents like Hawkeye that give me hope. I have faith that as long as we parent with that kind of love...then these kids in the article will remain in the minority.

Keep it up guys.

Signed...a father-to-be (hopefully soon)
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#24]
You're all fvcking doom and gloom Hawkeye! [:d]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#25]
let me chime in here...

I see 'em all the time. Little pieces of shit that have never been taught two things:

Right and Wrong

and

Respect for Authority

Personally, I can't do much about the scum in this country that allows their spawn to run amok.

I can, however prepare my children for their responsibilities as Americans.

The upside here is that while the numbers of these little insignificant-bastard-wastes-of-protein-and-clean-air may continue to grow, my kids will have a proportionately greater opportunity to prosper (as the pool of people who can succeed grows smaller) AND they are already good shots at the range (6 and 9 years old).

My kids are responsible, and will be prepared for their future.

My honor student can kick your gangsta thug kid's ass. And outshoot him.

Sorry, I'm typing stream-of-consciousness here. I am just saddened by another example of the glory of a once great nation SPENT.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#26]
See alot of the same here, to bad to.

I remember when I was growing up, we lived off of a military base, and all the parents knew each other and thier kids, if you as a kid even talked back to a adult, you got a whooping from them, then when you got home you had another waiting for you, and if dad was out on deployment, you got several from him when he got in, OUCH, when I came to an age to know right from wrong, I choose right.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#27]
shut the f@ck up if you want to keep your Northface.
View Quote

Come and get it you little sh!tbird!  

These kids are this bold because no one has ever challenged them and MADE them behave.  When I was 11, I was half afraid to even look an adult in the eye, much less back-talk someone other than my parents.  

I would've called the bastard's bluff and shown him how ADULTS react to bad behavior.  If he pressed me, I would have pulled the emergency stop (after putting his little ass on the ground under my knee) and got the cops in there.  He would have been arrested for assault (I thought he had a weapon officer, why else would a mere 11 year old act so bold and menacing?)  and making threats, with witnesses to back it up.  

The little punk needs a good wipping and some serious punishment and discipline.  This crap makes me sick.  If the parents won't do their part, the little buggers should at least respect and fear that strangers in society won't put up with their crap.  

And I DARE anyone to call child services on me for spanking my child.  A shit storm of biblical proportions will rain down upon (legally and tactically--I know LOTS of ways to totally screw with someone's life with nary of hint of who is the culprit, namely me).  

I like that father's tactic--go ahead and call CPS.  You might as well call the police and the meat wagon while you are at it, because in the 5-10 minutes it takes them to get here, you are DONE!  

I truly believe that your children should have just a little bit of genuine fear of you.  Not that they don't trust you or love (and they understand that you love them) but sometimes compliance can only be had by sheer terror of the consequences of DAD!

Hate me now, but once you hit about 25, you will love me.  (if you last that long)--my mom used to tell me that regularly, and she was right.  I FEARED that woman--and for good reason.  She is as strong as a bull and would have had no compunction against either kicking my ass or putting me in jail depending.  That's what is lacking now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#28]
"Kids today"

My anthropology professor said that people have been complaining about "kids today" for millenia.  They've found Egyptian hierglyphics and Cuneform tablets bitching about how their students are lazy and disrespectful. There's nothing new under the sun.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The upside here is that while the numbers of these little insignificant-bastard-wastes-of-protein-and-clean-air may continue to grow, my kids will have a proportionately greater opportunity to prosper (as the pool of people who can succeed grows smaller) AND they are already good shots at the range (6 and 9 years old).
View Quote

FAL - Very good point.

Everyone on this forum should make a pledge to bring up (or continue doing so) their kids up right.

The people who have honor, accept responsibility, do the right thing and don't bitch are the ones who will prosper (finacially and emotionally).  That kid on the subway (and his ilk) will never enjoy the finer things in life.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:25:12 PM EDT
[#30]
My 7 yr old would have whooped his ass.  I would have looked him right in the eay and said, 'bring it on, punk.'  He'd look funny with a pen up his ass and a subway seat stuck to the roof of his mouth.  and F CPS.  If you make threats, thatis assault, and may be replied to in kind.  Ops
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#32]
what generation has not said that the next generation is doomed?
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're all fvcking doom and gloom Hawkeye! [:d]
View Quote

I love you too man!! [moon]         [8P]
View Quote

AAWWWWWWWW can you feel the love, can you
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#34]

[b]I would have kicked the crap out of that little punk AND his friends when they tried to help him out. The problem is everyone on that train was too meek to do anything about it. That's the difference between them and me.

Would someone have called the Cops on me? Maybe. They would also be hurting pretty bad too. At least then I would be serving time for a good reason.[/b]

Edired to add:

[b]I hate punks![/b]

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:16:18 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm 15 and I wouldn't think of saying stuff like that.  Don't any of these little a$$wipes have jobs?  Oh yeah daddy buys them everything they need.  Sometimes I get pissed at my dad, but I truly realize that he knows best.  

-DEERSNIPER
[sniper]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#37]
I caught a couple of kids red-handed vandalizing my condos garage back wall with a hammer and a screwdriver.
One was a product of a broken family, his mother was a complete whack job, the other kid had a mother who wore the pants in the family.
I walked one of the kids back to his parents house, his mother swore up and down that it was not her kid.
Then the father came to the door (while his wife was yelling at him not to talk to me) and asked me if I had any proof.
I walked the father out to the garage and he was supprised to see that both of the little bastards had carved their names in to the stucco, had knocked a hole into the wall and had spray painted some lame graffitti on the wall. The father was kind of giving me a song and dance untill I looked at the hammer and screwdriver on the ground, the ones that had his name engraved in it!
There was also one of the condo units fireplace poker there that had the other kids condo unit number on it.
I told the father that I was calling the police and the manager. I took pictures of the damage for the manager.
When the police came the whack-job mother was screaming at me and the manager that "her child was at home, he would never do something like that". The other mother was in my wifes face with her husband trying to pull her away from my wife, his wife told him to leave her alone "or else".
When the police came I told them what had happened. I showed them the damage to the garage, the engraved tools and the fireplace poker. The cops were giving both the mothers the look when they started in on them.
One of the cops looked at the paint and asked to see the boys hands. They both had overspray on them.
That was all it took.
The manager did not press charges, but she did evict the whacko mother and her hell-spawn child. The other kid's parents had to pay to fix the damages. About a week later me and the wife saw them together as a family, the father came up and apologized to me. He then told the kid to apologize to me, and when he didn't jump up he grabbed the kid by the ear and put him in front of me. The kid apologized to me and told me it would never happen again. The father then told the wife to apologize to my wife. She said something to the father that neither of us could hear, he told her in a voice loud enough so we could hear "get over there and apologize to them or else".
Hehe.

She came over and apologized to both of us.
Their kids were very well behaved after that.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Oh yeah daddy buys them everything they need.  Sometimes I get pissed at my dad, but I truly realize that he knows best.  

-DEERSNIPER
[sniper]
View Quote

I would wager that there isn't a father figure in their lives.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:07:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Tombstone -- one of my favorite movies has a very good scene in it dealing with just this type of thing.

You remember when the kid and another Clanton comes to bail out Ike.  The kid brushes by Wyatt and says nothing -- very rude back then for a kid to disrespect an elder male.  

He basically challenges Wyatt and displays his gun from under his vest or jacket.  Without hesitation Wyatt grabs the gun and busts him in the forehead with it.  Knocking him down about three steps in to the road.

Quick, decisive, effective.

She was none of those things.

Cell phone -- 411 -- Metro Security report the harassment and threats.  You will have a metro transit cop or 5 on the next stop.  Almost guaranteed.

I live here.  I know they have a cop team monitoring just about every station.

No cop shows up, I dial police no-emergency and let them know.  At the very least I get the train stopped and the station locked down.  

As she was a woman.  Take out her mace/pepper spray and ask him to stop again.  Let him know that he being placed in custody -- citizen's arrest.  If he doesn't stop mace the fucker and pull the emergency stop handle simultaneously.

You are being a responsible citizen to stop vandilsim, then faced with bodily harm with a numerically superior opponent.  Mace was the only recourse.

Ed
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:31:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm a teen, and I have to point out that many do not act this way. I have seen classmates act this way, and it makes me want to strangle them. If you think it's annoying when you're an adult, try being the person they try to socialize with. However wiry I am, being 6'2" prevents them from threatening me. Why? Because they're cowards, they don't want to engage in a chancy fight. They'd rather aggravate and annoy.
Meh. Destroy them all.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:09:02 PM EDT
[#42]
What would I have done?

Ass, meet my boot!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top