Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2003 7:57:07 PM EDT
Here is the first of the 6 I'm making. All that's left is plasma cutting the holes in the other 5 plates, and painting. I am looking forward to trying them out this weekend. They are currently 3/8 mild steel. It looked good against lead bullets. I haven't yet tried jacketed pistol rounds yet. Now I need to save for a sheet of 3/8 armor plate. So I can use it with the AR.
[img]webpages.charter.net/FatMcNasty/popper.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 8:02:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I gotta admit, I was thinking "Jalapeno poppers" or "Sandinistan toe poppers."

But those are quite nice - that's work well worth the effort.
View Quote

LOL! Me too!
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#3]
You know, a little photoshopping could turn that into one nasty pop-up.... good thing no one would do that on this board.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 8:17:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You know, a little photoshopping could turn that into one nasty pop-up.... good thing no one would do that on this board.
View Quote

LOL I never saw it till you said that!
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Let us know how it works! They look nice...
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#6]
The one that's painted has been shot and calibrated with 9mm minor. I can get a good double tap with the hkusp 45 while it's falling. The only part that sucks is having to walk down range and reset them after they are shot. I need a big spring!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 8:38:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Go to your local junk yard and get an old spring out of one of the older leaf spring type trucks or cars(5.00 or ten bucks) weild it in place and try to get the angle right so not too many richocettes ninty degrees up,and none back!

.45 acps have a funny way of comming back to haunt you!

Nice rig!   Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:02:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Sweet

[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top