Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2014 5:02:53 PM EDT
I think at some point there should be a third party...... We laughed at black voters for voting over 90% for Dems but we kinda do the same with Repubs, and this is why I think we need to find a truly viable 3rd party...

From the high plains of West Texas to the Atlantic Coast of Georgia, white voters opposed Mr. Obama’s re-election in overwhelming numbers. In many counties 90 percent of white voters chose Mitt Romney, nearly the reversal of the margin by which black voters supported Mr. Obama.

While white Southerners have been voting Republican for decades, the hugeness of the gap was new. Mr. Obama often lost more than 40 percent of Al Gore’s support among white voters south of the historically significant line of the Missouri Compromise. Two centuries later, Southern politics are deeply polarized along racial lines. It is no exaggeration to suggest that in these states the Democrats have become the party of African Americans and that the Republicans are the party of whites.

Link to article

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#1]
You nailed it when said that white southerners oppose Obama. I think that's more powerful than any love for the GOP.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish I had a time machine. You're not going to get your wish and I ain't going to get mine.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope both sides realize they'll be bent over no matter which is in office, but cast their vote based on prioritization of issues. But, me thinks that isn't the case.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:18:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, we're sure as hell not voting democrat.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Only one of the two sorts of loyalty is viewed as racist.

Funny how that works.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Funny how that works.
View Quote

Which side is racist?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Which side is racist?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny how that works.

Which side is racist?

Only white people can be racist.  It is imbedded in their DNA.  White people are the only people in the history of the world who have committed acts of racism.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#8]
The New York Times screaming racism? How unique!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#9]
nah. plenty of douchebags with white guilt.

fairfield county, CT is probably the number 1 spot for limo liberals.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Must be racism.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:43:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Now all we need it to take this pattern nationwide and the Democrats would never win the White House again.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Im a white Texan and refuse to support current GOP
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#13]
They need to check their white privilege.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Im a white Texan and refuse to support current GOP
View Quote

Well at least you've got Ron Paul.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Shit sandwich, or turd filled taco.

Pick one.

That is what American political parties have become.  Both are filled with shit, and contain nothing else.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I wish I had a time machine. You're not going to get your wish and I ain't going to get mine.
View Quote

I want a pony!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I want a pony!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want a pony!

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#19]
People vote their interests.

Democrats, in rhetoric anyway, are pro everybody that is not white male; they are vehemently anti-white male.

Repbulicans do not overtly appeal to race the way the Dems do, but "merit" arguments find traction with whites, especially males, because that's how "we" view the world.

To vote Democrat if you're white is to vote to slit your own throat; if you're white and female, it's a vote to slit your son's throat.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#20]
The American constitutional system stacks the deck against 3rd parties. Practically everything is a binary choice. For example, the House of Representatives is based on single-member districts. There can only be one winner in each district.

We could have viable 3rd parties if, for example, we had a parliamentary system with proportional representation. We could, say, have each state's delegation to Congress run at-large, with the seats divided according to the proportion of the vote in that state. If Virginia had 10 seats in the House, and the Libertarians won 10% of the vote in Virginia, they would be entitled to one seat in the House. Depending on how the votes broke out in the rest of the country, and assuming the two major parties were evenly divided, then the Libertarians could act as power brokers and get their policy positions accepted as the price for entering a coalition with one of the major players. (This is exactly what the situation in Britain is, today.)
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
People vote their interests.

Democrats, in rhetoric anyway, are pro everybody that is not white male; they are vehemently anti-white male.

Repbulicans do not overtly appeal to race the way the Dems do, but "merit" arguments find traction with whites, especially males, because that's how "we" view the world.

To vote Democrat if you're white is to vote to slit your own throat; if you're white and female, it's a vote to slit your son's throat.

View Quote

Or her husbands. Spot on BTW.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

There is such a thing as a white underclass; Appalachia comes to mind. (West Virginia is a prime example.) Such people traditionally voted Democrat and were an important part of the FDR coalition. They flipped over to the Republican Party, beginning in the 1960's, because of (a) race, and (b) social issues. They are definitely not small-government libertarians. They are Bible-thumpers who want their government benefits.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Around here even the most uneducated, non-working, welfare drawing, pot smoking, white trash vote GOP. If you're white you vote GOP, if you're black you vote democrat. It's really that simple for the vast majority.

Southern Baptist is also really popular here.

And all the whites love the military, even if no one in their family has ever served.

You also have to pick a side, Alabama or Auburn.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#24]
R's are only the lesser of two evils.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:17:03 PM EDT
[#25]
When Blacks vote for one party at a very high percentage, it is Black Pride and racial solidarity.

When Whites vote for one party at a very high percentage, it is racism and must be stopped.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

When Blacks vote for one party at a very high percentage, it is Black Pride and racial solidarity.

When Whites vote for one party at a very high percentage, it is racism and must be stopped.
View Quote
Do you even double standard, bro?

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Until the 90's the only way to get elected around here was to run as democrat.
View Quote

I have a friend who lives in southwest georgia; his father died this year in his early 90's.  His father was neither poor or uneducated.  This was just an white man who grew up in a south I will only read, or be told about.

That 90 something year old man voted republican for the first time in his life in 2012.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Maybe this will be the election of an "angry white man."
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I think at some point there should be a third party...... We laughed at black voters for voting over 90% for Dems but we kinda do the same with Repubs, and this is why I think we need to find a truly viable 3rd party...

From the high plains of West Texas to the Atlantic Coast of Georgia, white voters opposed Mr. Obama’s re-election in overwhelming numbers. In many counties 90 percent of white voters chose Mitt Romney, nearly the reversal of the margin by which black voters supported Mr. Obama.

While white Southerners have been voting Republican for decades, the hugeness of the gap was new. Mr. Obama often lost more than 40 percent of Al Gore’s support among white voters south of the historically significant line of the Missouri Compromise. Two centuries later, Southern politics are deeply polarized along racial lines. It is no exaggeration to suggest that in these states the Democrats have become the party of African Americans and that the Republicans are the party of whites.

Link to article

View Quote

The key word is viable. There isn't enough room and the political climate isn't right for a viable third party right now in America.  Which is why I'm going to switch from being registered as no party affiliation to republican. We need to take over an existing party(republican party) and start voting the RINO's out. That's what the far leftists and communists did with the democrat party. It took decades to infect the democrats and get America where its at today. What I don't get is why this strategy eludes so many freedom lovers and internet commandos. Fixing America ain't gonna happen over night.

Oh yeah. If you are one of those "I haven't voted since Reagan" types. You are as much to blame for Obama as the FSA is. Get up and do something to make a difference because staying home isn't helping our cause.

Personally I think the establishment of political parties should be banned because their very nature threatens freedom. Plus it would make people research who they will vote for and it will deter the ignorant from voting and destroying our country. I know far to many people that admittedly go into vote and just check the names with either a (R) or a (D) next to them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#30]
This is going to sound distasteful, but its reality. If the GOP wants to remain relevant it needs to become the party of white america and embrace it. Pat Buchanan said this about ten years ago. Our nation is on the verge of Balkanization. The democrats have decided to be the party of everyone's interest except white middle class america. The republicans need to double down.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#31]
"Southern white" folk were the ORIGINAL Democratic party.....
Wonder how many, bla...'er...African American folks realize that?

What ever happened to the "Rent is too damn high party?  

Jimmy Mcmillan "party"
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:49:52 PM EDT
[#32]
massive voter fraud and IRS attacks on the tea party is what got Obama reelected not real honest votes
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Shit sandwich, or turd filled taco.

Pick one.

That is what American political parties have become.  Both are filled with shit, and contain nothing else.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#35]
I don't vote DemocRat because I see myself having nice things one day, and I get tired of my hard earned money being stolen for the benefit of those who will not work. I like guns and not being told what to do a lot too. I am clearly a bigoted racist who has not checked my white privilege while in my heterocage
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#36]
this country is fucking doomed if we keep voting for dems and repubs
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Fuck no we don't.  It's far easier to kick out non-republicans and replace them---rather than voting 3rd party, ensuring a wasted vote and a Democratic Party winner every single fucking time.
3rd parties are fucking stupid....all it does is ensure a win for the other side.  You don't see the Democrats allowing a third party, do you?

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Democrats are The Party of the Double Standard, and have been ever since they owned the ancestors of the Blacks that vote for them now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top