Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2002 8:36:07 PM EDT
Well, this should put an immediate stop to Baltimore's rising crime rates...

cynic

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/357/nation/Baltimore_outlaws_BB_guns_for_minors+.shtml

Baltimore outlaws BB guns for minors

By Laura Vozzella, Baltimore Sun, 12/23/2002

BALTIMORE - The BB gun, like the classic Red Ryder celebrated in a popular holiday film, is a traditional Christmas gift that has always come wrapped in a certain risk. Now the toy carries a threat that has nothing to do with putting an eye out: a $500 fine and two months in jail...
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:51:47 PM EDT
[#1]
The only way to keep teenage gangbangers from killing each other is clearly to prevent little kids from plinking at soda cans in the backyard. I don't understand how anyone could fail to see this.
[V]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 11:54:48 PM EDT
[#2]
MD SUCKS YOU ALL BETTER MOVE OUT!!!

damn even kali hasnt thought of banning BB guns, MD and NJ need to STOP trying to take away NATIONS WORST GUN LAWS title from kali. ITS OURS NOT YOURS!!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 12:02:45 AM EDT
[#3]
[b][red][size=6]JUST MOVE TO A FREE STATE[/red][b][/size=6]

[size=1]Again, that's what we get told here in California![/size=1]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 12:06:48 AM EDT
[#4]
If only this was a joke.... I can't believe it!
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 12:14:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Excerpt from the article:

Stanton said he had a ''Winchester-looking air gun'' as a child on suburban Long Island, but he shakes his head at toys like the pellet gun he displayed at a recent meeting of police officials.

''It looked so much like a Glock 17, when I put it on the table to show the commanders, a couple of them wouldn't pick it up because they thought it was a real gun,'' he said. ''It can be really frightening.
View Quote

So the officers are afraid to pick up real guns? I wonder what kind of training they have in MD?
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 12:15:45 AM EDT
[#6]
The hell with Maryland.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 12:33:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Excerpt from the article:

Stanton said he had a ''Winchester-looking air gun'' as a child on suburban Long Island, but he shakes his head at toys like the pellet gun he displayed at a recent meeting of police officials.

''It looked so much like a Glock 17, when I put it on the table to show the commanders, a couple of them wouldn't pick it up because they thought it was a real gun,'' he said. ''It can be really frightening.
View Quote

So the officers are afraid to pick up real guns? I wonder what kind of training they have in MD?
View Quote

Hell yes they are afraid of them!!  Don't you know how easy it is for something to snag on the trigger causing it to fire and shoot your own foot!?!?!?!

Damn things are dangerous!!
Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 12:55:30 AM EDT
[#8]
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will own guns...
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 12:59:53 AM EDT
[#9]
[red]Baltimore outlaws BB guns...[/red]
View Quote

Are the words;  'Stupid Cocksuckers' too strong ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top