Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2002 7:27:48 AM EDT
For those of you who have experience with the 3 point sling systems, which do you prefer and why? I am looking into getting one.

Tanks.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 7:56:04 AM EDT
[#1]
The only two manufacturers who's products Ive used to any degree are Wilderness Products (Giles sling) and CQB Solutions.  Both make excellent 3 point slings of fairly similar design.  I think Wilderness' slings would be better for military applications.  They use a very heavy grade of webbing that is stiff and will hold up to years of HEAVY field use.  The downside is it's stiff, doesnt move with your body as easily and can sometimes dig at you.  CBQ's slings are prefect for police or civilian users IMHO.  They use a nice grade of webbing, thats more flexible, and molds to you as move more easily.  That said, I use both company's products and think they are outstanding.

[b]Wilderness[/b]
[url]http://www.thewilderness.com/Pages/slings_giles1.html#Anchor-THE-47857[/url]

[b]CQB Solutions[/b]
[url]http://www.cqbsolutions.com/slings.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:00:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I ask this question b/c I was scoping out Lightfighter.com and came across their tac slings. The one that jumped out at me was the CQB Solutions Special Operations Patrol Sling.

Seems like a nice unit but wanted some confirmation.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I actually prefer their Classic 3 point.  I like them simple, and when adjusted properly, (despite what their website says)its very easy to transition shoulders without unslinging.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:22:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't tried the newer SOP slings, but I have CQB slings on all my weapons (3 AR's and 1 AK).  You won't be dissapointed (especially when you need money for mags and ammo)
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got the CQB Solutions SOP and it is just about as good as it can get. Its very well made, not expensive, and performs as advertised. CQB Solutions has a little instruction page on their website that shows how adaptable for different uses the sling is. Mine came from Brad at Lightfighter.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top