Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 2:27:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
File a police report NOW!  Tell the truth.  Be as absolutely honest and straightforward as you can.  Don't BS them.  Make sure you explain about the guns in the house.  Show the lawmen any battle scars.

GET OUT OF THERE...NOW!!!  If, as you state, she assaulted you with scissors, that is attempted murder.  Time to go.  Regardless of her anger, she understood the consequences of her actions and did it anyway.  She is a clear and present danger to you now.  In 1985, a shipmate of mine ignored the warnings and he woke up in pain about 0200 as his Old Lady aired him out 37 times with a butcher knife.  He didn't die instantly either...unlike what they show in the movies.

Immediately close down all accounts that you can to restrict her access BEFORE she cleans you out and hauls ass...leaving you holding the bag.  Call the credit card companies now and report the situation.  You might have to put a formal statement in the local paper about disavowing any of her future debts.

Make sure your company changes the automatic direct deposit to another account or pays you in a check...for awhile anyway.

Lawyer up...you will need it.

Remove ALL of your firearms from the house NOW.  If she files a complaint first, you will be slapped with all sorts of evil papers...and your guns will go bye-bye.

Call the lawmen before you decide to leave.  Have the moving truck/rental truck and the lawdogs show up at the same time.  This will prevent another, possibly more violent scene.  My son did this, per the sheriff's request, when he moved out on his psycho-bitch-from-hell.  He already had legal custody of their two little kids.  With the cops standing by, all she could do is rant a bit...or go to jail, as he cleaned out their apartment.  SWEEEET!

Take pictures of your property in case she decides to go on a destruction rampage.  The insurance company and the cops will want to know.

GOOD LUCK...AND STAY SAFE!!!

[soapbox]
View Quote

That's assault with a dangerous weapon. NOT ATTEMPTED MURDER.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyway you need to leave, wait until the holidays are over if you can. If you file a protection order you will need police reports to back up your half of the story. If you don't have a police report then its her word against yours. Most likely your step daughter will be called as a witness.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Sir, I have been down this road before and let me say one thing ...

[size=6][red]BUG THE FUCK OUT !![red][size=6]
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 3:05:24 PM EDT
[#5]
To LocknLoaded and B_B: Thanks for reminding me that being a bachelor at Christmas time ain't so bad after all.

cynic
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 3:11:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Here in Hawaii........It doesn't matter who got the restraining order first..........anyone who gets a RO put on them looses their 2nd Am Rights. Thank you Klinton!
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 4:19:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 4:29:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I am back! How the whole thing started was I was picking on her not a bad way then she cococked me in the arm I mean I was just picking on her like a husband should do(so I thought) I got up after that she started being a hateful bitch! I just came out and told her your a damn bitch! all you did for last two days
was Bitch! bitch! bitch! then every thing exploded into a conflict. I did not hit back! only thing i did was grabed her arm that had the scissors in then I threw her on the floor.
that is all I did to her then she got back up and started swinging at me!

1. will a judge believe my story? NO!
2. will I loose my guns? yes! unless I sell them to my sister.
3. I have to do this it will have to take time.

I think she was abused from her past! her last marrage was from a drunk! and being abused!
she told me about her dad beat her in the face at a young age right in the store.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:26:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
File a police report NOW!  Tell the truth.  Be as absolutely honest and straightforward as you can.  Don't BS them.  Make sure you explain about the guns in the house.  Show the lawmen any battle scars.

GET OUT OF THERE...NOW!!!  If, as you state, she assaulted you with scissors, that is attempted murder.  Time to go.  Regardless of her anger, she understood the consequences of her actions and did it anyway.  She is a clear and present danger to you now.  In 1985, a shipmate of mine ignored the warnings and he woke up in pain about 0200 as his Old Lady aired him out 37 times with a butcher knife.  He didn't die instantly either...unlike what they show in the movies.

Immediately close down all accounts that you can to restrict her access BEFORE she cleans you out and hauls ass...leaving you holding the bag.  Call the credit card companies now and report the situation.  You might have to put a formal statement in the local paper about disavowing any of her future debts.

Make sure your company changes the automatic direct deposit to another account or pays you in a check...for awhile anyway.

Lawyer up...you will need it.

Remove ALL of your firearms from the house NOW.  If she files a complaint first, you will be slapped with all sorts of evil papers...and your guns will go bye-bye.

Call the lawmen before you decide to leave.  Have the moving truck/rental truck and the lawdogs show up at the same time.  This will prevent another, possibly more violent scene.  My son did this, per the sheriff's request, when he moved out on his psycho-bitch-from-hell.  He already had legal custody of their two little kids.  With the cops standing by, all she could do is rant a bit...or go to jail, as he cleaned out their apartment.  SWEEEET!

Take pictures of your property in case she decides to go on a destruction rampage.  The insurance company and the cops will want to know.

GOOD LUCK...AND STAY SAFE!!!

[soapbox]
View Quote

That's assault with a dangerous weapon. NOT ATTEMPTED MURDER.
View Quote

OK...I fail to see the real difference.  If she is successful, he's dead regardless of what the law calls it.  ADW sounds better anyway.  Intent?

LocknLoaded,
Just a reminder.  I wasn't kidding about the old shipmate of mine being murdered by his PBFH wife.  He too thought they were on the road to recovery...and that things were looking up in his marriage.  After a huge fight on Wednesday of that week...things were calming down and she seemed to be back on an even keel.  Little did he know.  Saturday evening, they both went to dinner with some friends and returned home about 2100.  Sometime around 0200 she began stabbing him with a large carving knife.  It wasn't pretty.  When the San Diego PD found him, he had 37 knife wounds in him of which about 8 would have been fatal.  She then calmly washed off the blade and called some of her relatives in the midwest to tell them that a burgler had killed her hubby.

She was a mousy little woman about five feet tall and maybe 110 pounds dripping wet.  He was about 6' tall and maybe 220lbs.

Turns out she had an accomplice;  a 20year old man with whom she had been having an affair while we were on deployement earlier that year.
What precipitated the Wednesday battle was her demand for a divorce with alimony and child support.  My shipmate, a senior chief petty officer (E8) at the time, refused and threatened to simply smoke a joint publicly if she pressed ahead with her divorce demands.  Since smoking dope would have resulted in immediate discharge from the Navy with total loss of benifits accrued over 26 years of service, including her loss of any retirement or other bennies including medical, he had just boxed her into a corner.  She had shown violent tendencies before, but he chose to ignore them.  He had discussed their situation with some of the other chiefs in the mess, and said that no guns in the home meant it was pretty safe there....RIGHT.

She was eventually convicted and sentenced to 25-life.  Probably out now...since it happened in CA.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:31:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am back! How the whole thing started was I was picking on her not a bad way then she cococked me in the arm I mean I was just picking on her like a husband should do(so I thought) I got up after that she started being a hateful bitch! I just came out and told her your a damn bitch! all you did for last two days
was Bitch! bitch! bitch! then every thing exploded into a conflict. I did not hit back! only thing i did was grabed her arm that had the scissors in then I threw her on the floor.

1. will a judge believe my story? NO!
2. will I loose my guns? yes! unless I sell them to my sister.
3. I have to do this it will have to take time.

I think she was abused from her past! her last marrage was from a drunk! and being abused!
she told me about her dad beat her in the face at a young age right in the store.
View Quote

Dude, I came from an abusive background when I was a kid, and am just getting out of a marriage that wasn't so great with someone that it turned out had somebody else in the wings.  With some help from the kind folks here at ARFCOM, I got over most of the huge grief aspect relatively quickly and began the process of figuring out what went wrong and how to fix it.  I have spent the last month in counseling and doing a large shitload of research on relationships and marriage.  You have love goggles on and need to approach this from a reality standpoint.  She is playing the abuse card, and playing you like a cheap rental instrument.  Provided you have kidded around with her prior to this and it was never an issue before, it is very possible that there is something else at issue and she doesn't want you to know about it.  

At the very least, get the guns out, get the attack documented (this may save your ass in the future), and go talk to a pro!!!!!!!Violence has no place in relationships, and she has demonstrated that she is capable of it.

Heart off, brain on, eyes open!

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:46:49 AM EDT
[#11]
You [b]still[/b] there?
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:51:39 AM EDT
[#12]
My [b]ex-wife[/b] tried a stunt like that also.
Get your guns out now!  and good luck
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:56:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Look at what you have to lose if she goes off again. Look at what she has to lose. Now pack your stuff and move in with a friend. "Sell" your guns to your sister. A councelor can help you get your marriage back, but they can't help you regain your RTKBA. Whether SHE understands that what she is doing is abusive and manipulative doesn't matter, right now. YOU need to realize that she tried to seriously injure you in a moment of rage. Nothing can excuse what she did. Thousands of people had exactly the same type of abusive childhood, or abusive first marriage, yet have not ried to stab someone they supposedly love with scissors.
Put your mask on first, then help her put hers on. Move out, then talk about counceling. Please, don't become another statistic.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:01:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My prediction:
He'll do nothing and later be victimized by her again.

However, this time it will be his word against three.

He'll lose his firearms, his freedom, his RKBA, and everything else.
View Quote

Goet, you should have taken bets on this.  You'd be a richer man today.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:14:54 AM EDT
[#15]
The first time my ex-wife pulled that shit I stayed because she was "so upset" because "her father abused her" and "her ex-boyfriend was an asshole."

[b]It was bullshit.[/b]Took two broken hands and a few months flirting with losing my rights before I woke up. The kicker was when my dad came over and took all my guns away, didn't want her killing me with them.

Cut your loses, she will never change, you are in a losing position regardless of what really started the argument/physical confrontation.

Get out. Get out today, right now, this second and don't look back.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Get out. Get out today, right now, this second and don't look back.
View Quote

You [b]still[/b] there?
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:16:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am back! How the whole thing started was I was picking on her .......
View Quote

Define picking on her?

.....I just came out and told her your a damn bitch! all you did for last two days was Bitch! bitch! bitch! then every thing exploded into a conflict.
View Quote

What a minute!!!!  What exactly did you expect??  Her to thank you for calling her a bitch?

I did not hit back! only thing i did was grabed her arm that had the scissors in then I threw her on the floor.
View Quote

So, you did use physical force above what was neccissary...right?  You couldn't just grab the arm or hold the sciccors?

View Quote

Well, she was probably upset being called a bitch and then being pushed by the man that is supposted to love and protect her.
View Quote

I am not your wife is innocent in all of this, but then again niether are you.  She may be wacko and you should probably leave.  But anyman that calls his wife a bitch usually deserves to be attacked from time to time IMHO.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:19:23 AM EDT
[#18]
She'll probably insert scissors in his chest cavity will he sleeps next time. Then get off claiming he assualted her with the stepduaghters backing her story up, since they don't want to lose both parents.

This is a bad situation getting worse as we type. I also believe his verbal teasing will be construed as abuse too.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:38:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Women are the kings in this society???

Whatever happens, I hope you sir get out fine.

...another thing that AR15.com has taught me besides converting liberal part of me and gun skills, is that never marry, especially in the USA.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#20]
yea I am still here I am doing this under cover
she does not know about this!

sgtar15: I called her a bitch after she swung at me the first time. she did not had the right to hit me in the first place, second my only defence at the time was calling her a bitch! last two days I have seen her bitch has bad has she did. and judgemental has hell to boot, like driving up behind someone honking the horn and cursing at the driver! not just one driver I mean every driver around. two we were in wal-mart she cursed at some people for standing in her way. also when I mean bitch! bitch! Bitch!
I aint kidding every hour she has to bitch about something. curses and not normally eather.
what I should have done was just got up after the first swing(her), and grab my coat and hit the door. no she had to go flying into the room and literally attacked! that did happen the way I said it did happen! I should of just walked out. some words said she was going to called the police and tell them I attacked her. I said BS you attacked  me with a weapon, what weapon she said, so I said this is the way it's going to be huh! this shit is getting weird! so Iam bailing but I am bailing with a plan. by the way I know by facts she will turn on my ass in court.

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:48:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 9:00:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Run Forrest run!!!!!!I'm not sure about Indiana law but, usually a complaint must be filed before a restraining order can be issued. By complaint I mean a charge must be made against her. Get out of the house, document events with the police, get rid of your guns, and protect your $$$$$. Also, beg, borrow, or steal, whatever $$$ you may need for an attorney. Do not strike her!!!Don't give her any reason to call the police. Her psycho daughters will take her side. She sounds like a nut, it won't do any good to try and reason with her. GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 9:00:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Hmmm, I have been there my friend.  My daughter's mom used to go into violent spasms of hatred on me.  Once she smashed me in the face with a Dock Martin and chipped a tooth.  Why you ask?  Because I left it in the living room!  Then one time she hit me across the face with a Webster dictionary because I told her she was a cheating(playing Scrabble).  On many occasions she would fly after me kicking and punching, etc.  I called the police many times to no avail.  They do not take a woman hitting a man seriously, at least in my case.  Now if I would have split HER lip I would have been locked up faster than I could say it!  Make no bones about it, if you restrain her to keep her from harming you she will contort that into you beating her!  As a matter of fact any time you touch her while she is in this mode will, in her warped mind, constitute you abusing her!

Do what I did....LEAVE!  She has issues you cannot solve.  Pack your gear and roll out.  Hard to do but believe me you will get into a situation where she will hurt you and in your defensive state of mind you will want to punch her skull in and you just might because this abuse will compound on you.  Get out before it, and she gets the best of you.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#24]
LocknLoaded, I hope your bail plan doesn’t take to long. I have seen this kind of thing more than once before.

And yes most of the time women who are like this often seem alright (but they are not) while they are courting and seem to change all at once after marriage or towards the end of a relationship.

She has been abused and is now sick, narcissistic and she will do anything to get her way including hit,lie,stab,shoot,kill,do her best to turn the whole world against you. Everything depends on how she feels, and she doesn’t care how anything she does makes anyone else feel or hurt, it’s insignificant to her. She knows this is wrong but she cant help herself and it is very unlikely that she will ever change regardless of how much she is loved by you or how much she thinks she loves you or how much counseling she receives.  

My kids and I call this kind of person a monster and this kind of monster almost always says they are sorry and cries and asks for forgiveness before it starts all over again.

It is good to have a plan though so long as it doesn’t take very long. Any judge would ask himself one question if he were to believe your story. If what this man says is true why didn’t he leave sooner?

An good attorney could help a lot right now.

Good luck.  

THISISME
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#25]
LocknLoaded,

I am not saying you should stay, I think your wife may be nuts IMHO.  But your not innocent either IMHO.

Either way, the marriage is fucked!!

I really don't understand why some men get involved with sick women.  Don't you guys out there ever spend time getting to know them before you marry/sleep with them??

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I really don't understand why some men get involved with sick women.  Don't you guys out there ever spend time getting to know them before you marry/sleep with them??

Sgtar15
View Quote

Good question.
Let alone spend time with while being sober enough to pick up on 'oddities'.

LL, you gone yet man? frickin run away!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top