Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2002 11:29:13 PM EDT
OK here is the scenario. Saturday, there is a knock at the door and the guy says, "Excuse me are you so and so?" My wife says "yes" and he hands her a handful of Christmas cards that we mailed out the PREVIOUS Thursday where ALL off the envelopes have been opened and said "These were all stuffed in my mailbox just like this... opened and NOT postmarked"

WTF?

When we drop our mail in the box here it is a LOCKED box only to be opened by the mailman. We come to find out that someone has pryed the door open so it LOOKS like it is locked but its not.

What bugs me is that we sent pics of our daughters and some ass was opening all the envelopes?? Some of our friends called and said that they recieved the card but the envelope was torn open.

We contacted and made a report with the Local PD and they told me that the best way to mail is go DIRECTLY to the post office and drop your mail there. Less risk.

Someone out there is due for a good shoe to the nuts or a boot to the ass. Why would someone do this? To steal 5 or 10 dollars that a grandma is sending to their Grandkid?

How fu*king PATHETIC.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 11:33:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Why would someone do this?
View Quote

Check washing and Identity Theft would be two reasons.

The Local PD should have taken a Assist Outside Agency -US Postal Service "Theft of Mail" report, did they?
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 11:38:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would someone do this?
View Quote

Check washing and Identity Theft would be two reasons.

The Local PD should have taken a Assist Outside Agency -US Postal Service "Theft of Mail" report, did they?
View Quote

they did take a report and my bride called the postal service...talk about dumb. My bride had to clarify the story like 5 times. she thinks he still doesnt get it though.

Local PD was helpful though...gave a lot of good pointers. Although it makes my life more inconvenient.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 11:38:31 PM EDT
[#3]
a PO Box is the way to go...

and when You're there getting your mail, you can drop off the outbound stuff.. that way you KNOW the Post Office got it!
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#4]
What also gets me is that scumbag was thumbing through my daughters pics... what a dickhead.

Probably some out of work lazy liberal POS.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 11:55:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 3:44:16 AM EDT
[#6]
DO NOT LEAVE MAIL IN YOUR MAIL BOX TO BE PICKED UP!!!!!!!!We're having problems where I work regarding this. People are mailing their bills from their mailboxes. Scumbags are taking the checks, altering them and then cashing them, or printing new checks using your account number..........
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 3:47:26 AM EDT
[#7]
It's pretty widespread, but unreported.

One more sign of society breaking down.

I remember an article a couple years ago about the Post Office refusing to service an entire area due to the crime problems.

Mad Max (w/out the cars) here we come.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 4:16:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I see you live in Kaliforniastan......[:D]
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 4:23:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Nothing is safe. A couple of years ago at our little local PO, one or two LARGE bags of mail were stolen right off of the back of a USPS truck sitting at the dock while they were loading it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 6:20:09 AM EDT
[#10]
My ffl buddy got his out going mail ripped off.
They re-worked his checks and messed him up in a big way.
He is a poor man but an honest man.
I watched him explain this situation to a new customer who wanted his new gun.
This aint cool.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:46:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 9:12:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Welcome to Kalifornistan!

GunLvr
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Take the rest of the day off and wait for the bastage to come get more...
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 10:14:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My ffl buddy got his out going mail ripped off.
They re-worked his checks and messed him up in a big way.
He is a poor man but an honest man.
I watched him explain this situation to a new customer who wanted his new gun.
This aint cool.
View Quote

my uncle had this happen to him a few years back. totall they got about $65k, which was reimbersed by the bank.
i always drop my mail at the post office.

ian
Top Top