Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2002 9:36:48 PM EDT
Was just thinking about this after watching cops:

Most of the time when the cuffs are on and they're hauling you in, they're pretty sure that you're the perp.

Considering the number of people lately in the news who have been in prison for years and released because of "whoops, wrong guy" sort of mistakes with only a "sorry" and a pat on the ass, I'm realy curious on why more people dont violently resist arrest?

From what I've heard prison seems to be a sort of hell on earth. Most of the guards are only seperated by the convicts by the bars and the color of the uniform, if you cant kill a fellow inmate or at least seriously F* him up, you'll end up taking it up the ass for the rest of your term, and chances are you'll look at someone wrong and end up the guy some other guy kills so as not to be someone's bitch. Now tell me, if a person finds themself in a situation where they'll face that sort of hell, why not just end it all right off?

A lot of people talking about going down for "firearms violations" lately, and I was just curious who here would actually choose such an awful existance over a hail of bullets and fifteen seconds of agony?

Mark my words, I'd rathar jump, hang, or take everything officer friendly wants to empty into my head/torso from his service weapon before allowing myself to be caged like some animal and sent off to a gay S&M farm. Guilty or not. How many of the rest of you feel the same?
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 9:52:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, man, don't do it.  Jail isn't really like that.  They only tell you those things to scare you, here are some things to remember when you find yourself in jail:(won't we all?)

*Don't sleep with anyone on the first date, including the warden.  

*Dress up real pretty on sundays, that's when the fashion contest is.

*Learn Feng Shui, you can get out of doing anything if you can prove it messes up the Feng Shui.

Hope this helps, I'll see you in block D.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Prison is an awful place.

[url]http://www.hrw.org/reports/2001/prison/voices.html[/url]

Your either gonna get it or give it. [puke]

Link Posted: 12/21/2002 4:37:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Fuck that.

I think I'd be killed while trying to escape.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 6:54:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Talking to former inmates (an unfortunate consequence of working LE), I think the media stereotypes about prison are a little off base.

Most cons say that (in Texas at least), rapes are pretty rare, andprison violence is pretty infrequent, and usually limited to those who are in prison gangs. Their worst gripes are:
-No AC in most Texas prisons;
-No tobacco;
-Food is ghastly;
-Crappy medical care (this is big scandal now, with inmates dying from easily treatable stuff or getting treated by quacks).

Most folks who get arrested are out on bond the next day, and if you haven't been in trouble with law before and didn't commit a very serious offense (arson, burglary, rape, robbery, agg assault, murder), you can probably get out of every goin to jail to jail again; probation and deferred adjudication or deferred prosecution seem to be really popular, these days.

From my viewpoint at least, I am confident that every person I have sent to prison has committed every offense that that they were charged with. I either personally observed the offense, they confessed, or I collected good, clear and convincing evidence. If I wasn't sure that someone did an offense, I would make sure that the prosecutor knew how I felt, and I would testify accordingly. I sleep soundly at night (unless my wife is kicking me).
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Ive got a friend doing  8 years federal time and he say it isn't bad. His biggest complaint is life with out sex and nothing but BET on the tube(majority rules).

-HS
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 8:21:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Wonder what was worse, American prison in present time or being sent to the former Gulags in Russia.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 8:37:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 10:39:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Rebel, arent you supposed to be in boot camp right now, or did you get a PT break because you were tired and now you are online and eating a candy bar while watching cable tv?
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Was just thinking about this after watching cops:

Most of the time when the cuffs are on and they're hauling you in, they're pretty sure that you're the perp.
View Quote

Of course, you wouldn't be arrested if you weren't guilty of something, right?

Considering the number of people lately in the news who have been in prison for years and released because of "whoops, wrong guy" sort of mistakes with only a "sorry" and a pat on the ass, I'm realy curious on why more people dont violently resist arrest?
View Quote

as to people not guilty of the crime charged, all too often these people don't resist because of the mistaken notion that the system will undoubtedly vindicate them.

As to those that are guilty, they are often not aware of what's in store for them or sometimes unaware (legitimately or not) that they have done anything wrong. then there are those folks that just don't care. I'm sure there are more but these points come to mind immediately

From what I've heard prison seems to be a sort of hell on earth. Most of the guards are only seperated by the convicts by the bars and the color of the uniform, if you cant kill a fellow inmate or at least seriously F* him up, you'll end up taking it up the ass for the rest of your term, and chances are you'll look at someone wrong and end up the guy some other guy kills so as not to be someone's bitch. Now tell me, if a person finds themself in a situation where they'll face that sort of hell, why not just end it all right off?
View Quote

good question

A lot of people talking about going down for "firearms violations" lately, and I was just curious who here would actually choose such an awful existance over a hail of bullets and fifteen seconds of agony?
View Quote

Another excellent question

Mark my words, I'd rathar jump, hang, or take everything officer friendly wants to empty into my head/torso from his service weapon before allowing myself to be caged like some animal and sent off to a gay S&M farm. Guilty or not. How many of the rest of you feel the same?
View Quote

[Patriot mode ON]
You sound like a threat to my security. I have called the ATF, FBI, CIA NSA, County, Local and State law enforcement officers and my congressman. They will be at your house shortly to beat you and drag you out like a rabid animal. You obviously have no respect for the law and should be executed for treason.[/off]
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#10]
[b] Azcop [/b]

Two weeks my man, two weeks. I'm actually getting REALY pumped and looking forward to it.

pla-TOON, ATTENTION!
LEFT F-ACE
FO-WARD MARCH!

YES DRILL SGT! MIGHT I HAVE ANOTHER!?

THANKYOU FOR PROVIDING US WITH THE OPPERTUNITY TO BETTER OURSELVES DRILL SGT!

Start back into my run/work routine tommorow.

Just pondering strange thoughts though here...some good replies, and more reason why I'll take my training dead seriously and glean all I can from it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top