Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/13/2014 8:47:42 AM EDT
I wonder what took them so long

My wife used to sell this crap until i showed her that we were doing nothing but losing money because we didnt have enough people recruited below us.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 8:50:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Social Security is the only Ponzi scheme the US government is going to allow to do business.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 8:53:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Amusingly, the guy really pushing for this investigation (and has spent a ton of money lobbying for it) is a hedge fund manager who shorted Herbalife for something like $1b.

He's a Democrat too. Herbalife goes down and he gets rich.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/10/business/staking-1-billion-that-herbalife-will-fail-then-ackman-lobbying-to-bring-it-down.html
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 8:56:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Amusingly, the guy really pushing for this investigation (and has spent a ton of money lobbying for it) is a hedge fund manager who shorted Herbalife for something like $1b.

View Quote

Yep, BIll Ackman. Likely trading on inside information. But he's shorting it rather than investing in it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 8:58:01 AM EDT
[#4]
when are they gonna start going after Advocare or Amway?
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#5]
The guy who started it used to live two doors down from my parents..

One morning when I was in middle school I wake up to a huge commotion and look out my bedroom window to see my street blocked off and about 100 FBI agents raiding the house.

They filled 2 semi trailers with art work and sculptures and stuff.. Took all day.

Tax evasion.. To the tune of $54 million.. He cut them a check later that week and they returned most all his stuff..

Later that year he went on to build a giant house a few miles away and still lives there as far as I know.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Haters that haven't figured out how to master MLM are just mad because they suck at free enterprise and want the gov't to step in and save them.

The world would be much better off if MLM were totally unregulated.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Haters that haven't figured out how to master MLM are just mad because they suck at free enterprise and want the gov't to step in and save them.

View Quote

It's easy. Dont worry about selling your products, but worry about recruiting and getting your recruits to recruit. The residual income from there is how you get the money. not by selling the products yourself. the ROI on this crap is so low that without a HUGE recruiting push, you will lose  money constantly.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

MLM is the playground for losers

How many people in your downstream?
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's easy. Dont worry about selling your products, but worry about recruiting and getting your recruits to recruit. The residual income from there is how you get the money. not by selling the products yourself. the ROI on this crap is so low that without a HUGE recruiting push, you will lose  money constantly lose money.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's easy. Dont worry about selling your products, but worry about recruiting and getting your recruits to recruit. The residual income from there is how you get the money. not by selling the products yourself. the ROI on this crap is so low that without a HUGE recruiting push, you will lose  money constantly lose money.

Yup it's not based on being a merchant.  It's all based on lying about "lifestyle" to hook in idiots

That is not capitalism
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:23:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably has a trust fund.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:26:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

One morning when I was in middle school I wake up to a huge commotion and look out my bedroom window to see my street blocked off and about 100 FBI agents raiding the house.

They filled 2 semi trailers with art work and sculptures and stuff.. Took all day.

Tax evasion.. To the tune of $54 million.. He cut them a check later that week and they returned most all his stuff..

Later that year he went on to build a giant house a few miles away and still lives there as far as I know.
View Quote

Not correct, Mark Reynolds Hughes (January 1, 1956 – May 21, 2000) was an American businessman who was the founder, chairman and CEO of Herbalife International, he died at the age of 44.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:28:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I know several people that are into herbalife, down to wearing the gym clothing everywhere. Its a scam, I stay away from it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not correct, Mark Reynolds Hughes (January 1, 1956 – May 21, 2000) was an American businessman who was the founder, chairman and CEO of Herbalife International, he died at the age of 44.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, he died then..  This all happened in the early 90's
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:33:19 AM EDT
[#15]
It's about time. This, Amway, Mary Kay, Cutco all that shit.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:34:59 AM EDT
[#16]
MLM is a great litmus test.  It makes the morons easier to spot.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It's about time. This, Amway, Mary Kay, Cutco all that shit.
View Quote

Don't forget scAmsoil...

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:36:54 AM EDT
[#18]
herbalife a pyramid scheme?

this is my shocked face:    
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#19]
I wonder when they will go after the founders of Obamacare?
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:39:58 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My brother has a day job.  He pays his mortgage with Advocare.  

I am not interested in it, but if you are at the top of the pyramid, it seems to be a good deal.  He has worked his ass off at it and really recruits more than he does sell stuff.

He is in shape and his wife is pretty and in shape (no pics).  I think if they weren't, they wouldn't be able to recruit so many people (i.e., people who sign up do it for more than just the products).

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, never happened, please provide a link, proof etc.

While I am not am not a herbalife fan, lets just stick to facts.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, it happened on my street.. I watched the whole thing. 1800 block of Paseo Del Mar in Palos Verdes Estates CA, then he moved to a huge place on Paseo La Cresta..  Call BS all you like, I watched the friggin thing happen..
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Ex-MiL did very well with HerbalLife back in the 90's.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:48:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Pyramid Schemes are generally for dumbasses who expect to find more dumbasses like themselves to sell to and so forth.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:55:40 AM EDT
[#25]
i have never seen an herbal life sticker on a vehicle that wasn't a complete piece of shit. the kind that i shake my head as i pass them saying, " how the hell is that fucking piece of shit even moving?!"
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:56:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Dude, it happened on my street.. I watched the whole thing. 1800 block of Paseo Del Mar in Palos Verdes Estates CA, then he moved to a huge place on Paseo La Cresta..  Call BS all you like, I watched the friggin thing happen..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup calling BS. Got a link to back it up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Couldn't decide if dumbass or troll, then noticed poster name.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Not surprising. I almost fell into it when I was a younger more ignorant pup.

I research everything now.

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Let it be let it be let it be.
Pretty sure the moronic city council here gave them a shit ton of money to relocate into the old Dell compound, not positive they ever made the move though. Touted it as the beginning of the revitalization of the local economy, supposed to be high paying jobs, turned out to be a median of like $10 per hour, which I guess compared to many city employees ain't bad.
Bet these sorry ass incumbent voters still won't oust them, though every one of them needs to go.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yup it's not based on being a merchant.  It's all based on lying about "lifestyle" to hook in idiots

That is not capitalism
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is not capitalism

Being a fraud has no legit place in free enterprise and should be a crime.

I wonder how he would feel if it was a gay owned MLM. Probably support burning that shit to the ground then.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/10/business/staking-1-billion-that-herbalife-will-fail-then-ackman-lobbying-to-bring-it-down.html
View Quote

Carl Icahn has the long side. They have been at war over HLF for some time.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:21:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Monopolies are great too. Why don't you tell us about the virtues of those. It's a fucking lie and a scam pure and simple.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Monopolies are great too. Why don't you tell us about the virtues of those. It's a fucking lie and a scam pure and simple.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is it a lie?

They are upfront and honest about everything. It's your choice not to participate or not.

It's very plainly stated that the way to move up us to get more recruits. And since money is exchanged for actual products, it's isn't a pyramid scheme.

You guys just jelly you have no friends to sell stuff to or recruit?
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How is it a lie?

They are upfront and honest about everything. It's your choice not to participate or not.

It's very plainly stated that the way to move up us to get more recruits. And since money is exchanged for actual products, it's isn't a pyramid scheme.

View Quote

How good of a friend are you that you'd recruit them so that you can make money off of their efforts while at the same time selling them crap?
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Social Security is the only Ponzi scheme the US government is going to allow to do business.  
View Quote

I am too slow...... FPNI again.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I wonder what took them so long

My wife used to sell this crap until i showed her that we were doing nothing but losing money because we didnt have enough people recruited below us.
View Quote

Link doesn't work unless you pay or register on the site.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:37:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mark Hughes died in 2000...
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I am not interested in it, but if you are at the top of the pyramid, it seems to be a good deal.  He has worked his ass off at it and really recruits more than he does sell stuff.

He is in shape and his wife is pretty and in shape (no pics).  I think if they weren't, they wouldn't be able to recruit so many people (i.e., people who sign up do it for more than just the products).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

People who can make a killing in MLM are limiting themselves.

They possess the core skills of organization, enthusiasm, and salesmanship to sell shit to a penguin for millions.

I do know two former amway triple emeralds or whatever.  They did VERY well, but got out after realizing they could do better in their own legit business.

However they are also very shallow, burn through friends like crazy, and all of their friends are really just "business" relationships.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah where did he go?

Ran off tail between legs really quick on this one
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Gee color me not surprised
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:49:08 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Yup calling BS. Got a link to back it up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote
I'm skeptical as well. In the early 90's he lived in Grayhall mansion (Beverly Hills). Maybe it was someone associated with the company, but I don't think it was Hughes.

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

How is it a lie?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is it a lie?

Lol they dodge any question about MLM.  

It's like Scientology, but less Xenu.

You are not engaged in buying or selling in MLM.  You are building a stream of Tards to buy tapes and recruit other Tards.

It wouldn't surprise me that you are involved with one.   You are a fanatic of contrarian set of rules enough to brace it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:55:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

How good of a friend are you that you'd recruit them so that you can make money off of their efforts while at the same time selling them crap?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How is it a lie?

Yeah I have two friends involved in MLM

Both of them very longtime and close.  And very clear that I don't talk MLM.

Outside of that small group, I'd distance myself from them asap
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:58:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

How is it a lie?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is it a lie?

So the friends you've recruited... are they still buying stuff from you or are they now buying stuff from the distributor and trying to sell it to the same friends you're trying to sell to and/or recruit?

Unless you're a genius marketer, sounds like you'd run out of people to sell to/recruit pretty fast.

If you're a genius marketer, seems like you'd do better just running your own business or working as a contractor or salaried employee for another.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't even know what herbalife is

Gr
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 12:12:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Gr
View Quote

Monorail!
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Ya'll are just haters.

HerbaLife4Lyfe.

We healthy now.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Gr
View Quote

Thanks for posting!  A++
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Wait till they go after Pampered Chef. The screaming from some wives of those here will be epic, I think?

Quoted:

Gr
View Quote

AFAIK, a pyramid scheme to sell supplements that could do nice things like make you go into severe hypertension or have turboshits. In the name of "dieting".
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Wait till they go after Pampered Chef. The screaming from some wives of those here will be epic, I think?

AFAIK, a pyramid scheme to sell supplements that could do nice things like make you go into severe hypertension or have turboshits. In the name of "dieting".
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Gr

How is herbalife supplements different then most of the items they sell at GNC?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top