Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2002 4:44:36 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/808443/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 5:01:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Those poor people just want a drink of water, a job, and a chance like the rest of us.

The intent of the Mexico-based groups "is to shoot at the militia members from across the border during one of the militia missions on private or public land," Johnson wrote, a warning confirmed by Simcox.

Simcox said he has been warned that members of his group would be "picked off one by one" by opposing groups south of the border if they continue their border control operations. But he remained undeterred.
View Quote

In all honesty, isn't this a declaration of war in some form? Sounds like they've began to openly declare what they've been doing for years. I hope our southern border doesn't turn into our own version of the Israeli-Palestine border. I believe someone else has already pointed out the parallels.

I'm glad our government is so worried about Afghanistan.

The Tombstone editor also said he and others were upset by a report last week that the U.S. would finance construction of 177 checkpoints along Afghanistan's border with Pakistan in an effort to stem the flow of illegal immigrants, illicit drugs, terrorists and contraband. The checkpoints would be staffed by 12,000 border police.

Reports said each checkpoint and its related facilities would cost an average of $300,000, and that they will include offices, sleeping quarters and, in some cases, clinics.
View Quote

This defies all logic. Aaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 5:11:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as they stay out of the effective range of that suspicious looking purple lowrider '63 Chevy Impala with thirty bandana-clad gangbangers inside, because those cars don't do well in the desert and hey, they're only using 9mm's anyway, so the effective range is pretty short.

But seriously,  if such a situation came up, it would literally create an international incident and that WOULD result in action on the part of both governments.  Border security WOULD be tightened up, as desired, but in response to a situation that shouldn't have occurred.

And yes, the border patrollers would have the right to return fire across the border.  They would likely do so with superior accuracy.

I don't know how the patrollers configure their teams, but they should have at least one man per team with a rifle that's set up for long range work.

CJ

Link Posted: 12/18/2002 5:39:38 AM EDT
[#3]
What gets me is the fact that they only carry pistols! (Simcox's group)..

I would have a Ruger Redhawk with a scope! :)

What's amazing about this and why it's getting so much press is Simcox IS the press! Do you think for a second that mainstream press would cover this? What is being covered is very little and when something is said, it's very little and demonizes the groups as being vigilanties....

I wish them Godspeed in their plight...I donated to the cause...Some of you might consider likewise...
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 5:43:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Join today.....

[url]http://www.ranchrescue.com/arizona.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 5:55:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Are not guns illegal in Mexico?  

The border patrol might have the right to fire back across the border... but how many of you belive the US gov will back up and support the INDIVIDUAL that does this? How fast will the US govt Apologize to the mexican gov and how long will the Offending shooter sit be sitting in jail .

Link Posted: 12/18/2002 6:03:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 10:01:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Border Militia Targeted By Mexicans? Groups Reportedly Threaten To Shoot Activists.
View Quote

Better pack a lunch MOTHER FUCKERS!!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Might be time for half ( the others can spot, carry ammo) the American group members to carry M82A1 or AR-50 rifles?

Or have the Mexican police on speed dial, I believe even possessing one round of ammo without a license/permit is a serious crime in Mexico.

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#9]
That's true, Kaesan, unless you're a drug dealer paying for protection from the Mexican federal police and military.  Then you can pretty much do as you please.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#10]
The border militia have limited themselves to pistols, big mistake.  If shooting starts that will change fast.  My guess is that the Mexicans would be hard pressed to find a lot of people capable of accurate sniping.  If they start a hot war, the border militia will undoubtedly win.  More likely they will snipe at innocents who just happen to be near the border tending stock, hiking, etc.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 11:07:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Might be time for half ( the others can spot, carry ammo) the American group members to carry M82A1 or AR-50 rifles?
[devil]
View Quote

That would most likely spark a call for a .50 ban like they have in Cali.  

At least one good thing, since they are concerned enough to issue threat like that they (the Mexican illegals) must be a little worried about the citizen border patrols.  That will dicourage illegal migration at least a little which in short means.....citizen border patrol works!!! [50]

Molon Labe![:d]
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's true, Kaesan, unless you're a drug dealer paying for protection from the Mexican federal police and military.  Then you can pretty much do as you please.
View Quote

True. [:(]
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 11:40:30 AM EDT
[#13]
"Don't shoot until you see the yellow of their jaundiced eyes!!"

LMAO!
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like it's probably drug smugglers and/or Coyotes behind the threats. The Ranch Rescue folks must be having an effect on their operations and profits.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#15]
well isnt that great.
If enough people join ranch rescue and program like it we can help the problems our selfs.
Hmmm Ranch rescue now has an Oregon chaper what do they do up here to fight immigration???
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#16]
How do you say "COME GET SOME" in Spanish?
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Please, consider the source of the reports.  

Doesn't it seem just a *little* self-serving of the militia group to publicize threats against their actions?  

Would it be too much to ask for a little independent verification of supposed threats made to U.S. citizens by foreign nationals?

We do have a little *thing* about that since 9/11, doncha know...
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Venga para puto"  I think [:D]
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't know that much about the border militias, but I would imagine that most of them carry rifles. And I would further imagine that most of them practice heavily. If they're smart, they'll have body armor and night vision too. This is against some mexican gangsters, who probably have pistols, and probably don't even know where the sights are. Who do you think has the upper hand?
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Who do you think has the upper hand?
View Quote

As always, they guy who shoots FIRST.

I would volunteer for this if I was anywhere close. Good luck fellas.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Presentarse y obtenes un poco."

Hay muchos hombres malos con fusiles en los Estados Unidos. Presentarse y obtenes un poco.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't know that much about the border militias, but I would imagine that most of them carry rifles. And I would further imagine that most of them practice heavily. If they're smart, they'll have body armor and night vision too. This is against some mexican gangsters, who probably have pistols, and probably don't even know where the sights are. Who do you think has the upper hand?
View Quote

I'd be careful in making assumptions about ANY of the players involved.  People who play with guns are dangerous, no matter who they are.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Hahahah. They are going to start patroling on Jan 4, the same day as the Casa Grande Shoot! Who wants to relocate it to douglas and use mexico as the backstop!? that will get their shit riled!
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#25]
I honestly cannot believe that the federal government hasn't done a damn thing about the sourthern border question.  ESPECIALLY after the incidents where mexican soldiers in humvees fired at and chased US LEOs on US ground!!!!  GEEZUSHFREAKINCHRIST!  Do the politicos need the mexican vote that bad to ignore these blatant violations of our sovereignity?  This is just disgusting.  My heart is with Ranchrescue.  Give 'em hell guys.  And pack longarms for heaven's sake.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#26]
You all should have seen the freaken HATCHET JOB that CH5 in Phoenix did about the border security groups. Linking them without proof to unnamed "white supremicisit" groups.

It will be on again at 10 o'clock if you missed it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 7:44:44 PM EDT
[#27]
How many of us here would make a special trip down south if these guys were fired on by Mexican drug runners or people smugglers? I think this would make me angry enough to make the long trip from Illinois to Texas (despite it being a financial hardship), but I'll be damned if I'm going down there to support Simcox' group if you can carry only pistols. ARs at the very least, .308 battle rifles preferred.

If these guys are on the private lands what the hell are they doing carrying concealed? They should be openly carrying ARs and AKs at the very least. Enough of this hiding! It's time to display our strength.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
How many of us here would make a special trip down south if these guys were fired on by Mexican drug runners or people smugglers? I think this would make me angry enough to make the long trip from Illinois to Texas (despite it being a financial hardship), but I'll be damned if I'm going down there to support Simcox' group if you can carry only pistols. ARs at the very least, .308 battle rifles preferred.

If these guys are on the private lands what the hell are they doing carrying concealed? They should be openly carrying ARs and AKs at the very least. Enough of this hiding! It's time to display our strength.
View Quote

I'll fight beside you bro'. I agree that they should be patrolling with rifles. Plus, that would be a show in force. We (the U.S.) do it all the time overseas. If you look the part they'll think you can play the part, and we can!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top