Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2002 11:46:48 AM EDT
When I got home, the first thing I noticed was a satellite TV dish that wasn't there when I left. I went in and wifey told me that Bob had installed it and was waiting for me to get home so I could help him wire it up. Yeah, Right!

I called Bob. Seems he got a pair of them out of the dumpster at the Sat TV place and they're broken, but look pretty official.

Bob says that they are there so that Larry (The do good three or 4 doors down, next to Bob)will feel left out.

The satellite guy just left Larry's house. Larry has been playing 'Keep up with the Jones' for years with Bob, and Bob's fed up.

Larry just got satellite, and I'll bet you he signed up for the biggest program they have for about a gazillion year contract.

First thing tomorrow, Bob and I are taking our dishes down. He owes me for this one! AT LEAST a dozen Krispy Kremes.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 11:49:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Now THAT is funny.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#2]
You know that is damn, goddamn funny
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 11:50:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Heh heh. I like it.

I really don't worry too much about keeping up with the Joneses, as long as I'm well ahead of the Schmidts, my next-door-idiot.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#4]
You need to get one of those inflatable HUMVs for the driveway.  Watch him shit a brick!!
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I love it!
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 12:05:11 PM EDT
[#6]
About 4 years ago, Bob rented a new car for a couple weeks.

You got it, Larry went out and bought a new car.

I laughed myself silly. Another 45K gone from his 401K!
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 12:05:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Why don't you mount yours to the safe you snuck into the basement? That way, when the wife finds it, she will really be curious.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why don't you mount yours to the safe you snuck into the basement? That way, when the wife finds it, she will really be curious.
View Quote

That's a GREAT idea!
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 12:08:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Ought to get a super-huge satellite dish for your backyard, and see what he does...
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ought to get a super-huge satellite dish for your backyard, and see what he does...
View Quote

Yeah. Go to a surplus dealer and get about a 75 foot diameter dish and all sorts of scrap cable and really get it looking like something out of a sci fi thriller!

A couple of huge Tesla Coils spouting sparks, the whole shitaree.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Hilarious!

If your friend is looking for suggestions:

1) park a new Mercedes or BMW SUV in his driveway - maybe a Humvee would be better

2) next Spring, have an outdoor pool company stop by and mark out the dimensions of the new pool that will be installed some time in the Summer

3) the huge satellite dish is good too

4) have him drop hints about a trip around the world 'next year' - if it works, the jerk'll be out of your friend's hair for a while

Please keep us informed.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 12:53:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Fake a heart attack and see if he drops dead.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Start with the large satellite dish, and explain to him that you can get so many moer satellites, etc. Once he adds one to his collections, take it down, and tell him you are building a pool. Put a pool sign in the front of your yard-- the kind they use to advertise when they are putting a pool in.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#14]
ROFLMAO   keep up the good work.!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top