Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2014 5:08:01 PM EDT
Wife just found it on Prime, worth watching?

I never heard of it or the book, I am a big fan of King's older work though, not so much in recent years.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought the book the awesome.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:11:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried to get into it. Watched like the first 3-4 episodes on Prime, but just couldn't get invested enough in.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I tried to get into it. Watched like the first 3-4 episodes on Prime, but just couldn't get invested enough in.
View Quote

That happens to me on at least half the shows I attempt to watch. If they can't get me in the first 3 I give up.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought the show was pretty good.  They glossed over a lot of King's weaker writing it seemed like.  I'm a little pissed that they opted to make it two seasons (at least).  I kind of wish shows would actually wrap up instead of adding more just to rake in a buck (I'm looking at you _The Hobbit_).
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I tried to read the book last year.  Was really excited about too.  Just couldn't get past the whole evil mean greedy republican in a cowboy hat yada yada yada.  Some of Stephen King's stuff is exquisite, but I can't stand when he uses liberal stereotypes of conservatives and tries to politicize his stuff.  One of my favorite horror books I have ever read though was bag of bones. That was a good fucking book.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#6]
haven't read the book, so I'm not really sure what to base it on. Watched the first seaon on Amazon Prime, and liked it. Doesn't absolutely suck you in like other shows, but it held our interest at home.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:10:01 PM EDT
[#7]
It was ok. Just turn your brain off and enjoy, it's just tv.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top