Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2014 8:16:37 AM EDT
I am a newbie and just getting into the AR's. I heard awful thigs about Palmetto State Armorys shipping and customer service, but chose not to listen and bought a stripped lower, lpk, and barrel assembly and had it in 9 days. I thought that was pretty good considering they were having Christmas Sales. I ended up buying another complete lower from them a few days later and had it in a few more days. I needed a flip up sight for the rear, and decided to go with the Troy Industries Batlle Sight. I ordered it from Bushmaster one week ago, and hadn't heard anything about the order. I decided to call them today to find out the status, and they tell me they can't fill the order because they are sold out, and will not be able to fullfill the order. I got no call, no email, no cancellation. Is this what one should from all these companies?

Are there reliable, quick shipping, reasonably priced companies out there? I know thats alot to expect from one company, but damn.....
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:38:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy from site parts vendors.  Look around, lots of banners.  Not all mfgrs are like that here.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am a newbie and just getting into the AR's. I heard awful thigs about Palmetto State Armorys shipping and customer service, but chose not to listen and bought a stripped lower, lpk, and barrel assembly and had it in 9 days. I thought that was pretty good considering they were having Christmas Sales. I ended up buying another complete lower from them a few days later and had it in a few more days. I needed a flip up sight for the rear, and decided to go with the Troy Industries Batlle Sight. I ordered it from Bushmaster one week ago, and hadn't heard anything about the order. I decided to call them today to find out the status, and they tell me they can't fill the order because they are sold out, and will not be able to fullfill the order. I got no call, no email, no cancellation. Is this what one should from all these companies?

Are there reliable, quick shipping, reasonably priced companies out there? I know thats alot to expect from one company, but damn.....
View Quote

You're asking for the impossible triangle:

You can have any two, but not all three.

Also, not a technical question.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:22:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

My experience with ordering from Bushmaster was similar.  I needed a couple of small parts for my Bushmaster AR and ordered them from them.  After not hearing from them about my order I called them and was told my wanted items were on backorder with no real ETA.  That was very frustrating because I had called prior to ordering and it was my impression from talking to them that the parts were in stock.  They were cheap items that I needed so I let the order stand.  About 6 weeks later the parts arrived without any other communications from Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

What does PSA shipping have to do with bushmaster?

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing, I was just saying, most say PSA has issues. I personally had no issues at all with them. And will deal with them more in the future.

Now Bushmasters thats a totally different story! At least call and say hey we don't have them available. When I ordered the sight it showed the item in stock. A week later they do not, they were still on the site. I checked this morning and they have been removed. Why keep selling something you don't have and not let the customer know they won't be full filling the orders. No money was charged to my card, which is not a big deal because they state they won't charge the card until the item/items ship. Just piss poor customer service if you ask me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 11:19:19 AM EDT
[#6]
@ joekizanyu

I never said cheap! Just reasonable..
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@ joekizanyu

View Quote

Define "reasonable"

Reasonable to you may be cheap for some and expensive for others.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:40:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Define "reasonable"

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@ joekizanyu

Define "reasonable"

Understood
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top