Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I love the first couple of episodes, truly great tv
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Back when the new BSG came out ten years ago, I watched/DVR every episode and loved it. Stayed with it until the end.

I just started watching it again on Netflix and I am still blown away by how good this series is. Got through the two part miniseries and just watched "33". "33" has got to be one of the best bsg  episodes of all time. The best part is at the end when the presidents aide, Billy, lets her know that the daily count of all humans needs to be increased by one because a baby was born on the rising star.

It was very powerful watching Roslin add to the human tally after having to take away so many times previously.

Looking forward to rewatching the whole thing again.

What cha hear, Starbuck?

Nothing but the rain.

(Yes, this is a bsg thread)
View Quote

I watched he series close to six times. while I will not say it is the TV show ever made I will say it is my favorite.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#3]
The 2-part Episode that launched the series had one of the best space combat scenes ever put to film.

When the Galactica leaves the Ragnar Anchorage, turns broadside and lets everything loose was awesome.

I liked 33, thought it was one of the best hours of television ever.

The episode where the Galactica goes atmo over New Caprica was epic as well.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I may be a fan of BSG

Look at my screen name :)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
[b]Originally Posted By with it until the end.

Nothing but the rain.

(Yes, this is a bsg thread)

I may be a fan of BSG

Look at my screen name :)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

That was the first dialog and last in the series between Adama and Starbuck.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the new BSG was some of the best TV produced. The special effects were outstanding! The music score just made it even better!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I keep hearing about this Blood& Chrome.  How do I get it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP needs to watch blood & chrome as well.

I keep hearing about this Blood& Chrome.  How do I get it?

you can get it from amazon i also got BSG razor there too ....
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The one thing that bothered me about 33 was why did the command crew of the Galactica not sleep in shifts? Why did ALL of them feel the need to be awake the whole time? Tighe could sleep for 6 hours, then switch off with Adama, etc?

And the supporting characters like Roslin, Baltar, etc. didn't need to be awake all the way through either.
View Quote

In real life, when you go to general Quarters (or action stations due to the heavy brit/canadian military influence) it's the same people at each battle station, every time.

When the threat is reduced, you go to a reduced manning schedule.

For example:
At GQ condition 1, 2 people man the xyz to kill the bad guy in front of you

At GQ condition 3,the bad guy isn't right in front of you, but could be around. 1 person man's the xyz while the other sleeps, eats, etc.

You can still fight at condition 3, just not as effectively.

I can't tell you how many times I got off watch and hit the rack, only to be running to my gun mount or other station even minutes after getting to sleep
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:37:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Love it!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:49:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Killer Women:

Tricia Helfer with a 1911 and a Texas Ranger star.

http://hispanichouston.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/2013.09-Killer-Women-Tricia-Helfer-350x260.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i can't lie.  i keep clicking on this thread in hopes of six pix.

Killer Women:

http://hispanichouston.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/2013.09-Killer-Women-Tricia-Helfer-350x260.jpg

I worked a stand by one day during a shoot. Saw such herp/derp gun and non-gun handling I quietly mentioned a couple of things......

- fancy tooled leather notebook carried in dominant hand while approaching perp hideout....how is she going to draw her 1911?
- mags were obviously empty (Wilson 47Ds), no brass or anything in round count cut outs. Was told the actress hates the weight.
- spent brass found in beauty pageant contestants hair. She never knew it was there....guess it was pretty cold by the time it lands in her bouffant.

Was gently told to STFU and went back to the catering area.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:14:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Never seen it, is it better than Star Trek?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:51:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Never seen it, is it better than Star Trek?
View Quote

Blows Star Trek out of the water!

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:35:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'm rewatching BSG on Netflix as well. The real BSG.

This is the real Starbuck & Boomer

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Y8lJ8qXB68o/T-RKEiEuAeI/AAAAAAAAHGw/JS-WFf_aYA0/s1600/starbuckboomer.jpg
View Quote

I always wanted one of those jackets

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:52:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Scar

The Pegasus reunion

The Adama  Maneuver(one of the very few "surprise tactics" in film that was surprising)

Unfinished Business

So many great eps and scenes.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:26:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I worked a stand by one day during a shoot. Saw such herp/derp gun and non-gun handling I quietly mentioned a couple of things......

- fancy tooled leather notebook carried in dominant hand while approaching perp hideout....how is she going to draw her 1911?
- mags were obviously empty (Wilson 47Ds), no brass or anything in round count cut outs. Was told the actress hates the weight.
- spent brass found in beauty pageant contestants hair. She never knew it was there....guess it was pretty cold by the time it lands in her bouffant.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
i can't lie.  i keep clicking on this thread in hopes of six pix.

Killer Women:

I thought I was the only one who noticed that.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top