Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2014 8:14:19 PM EDT
Yes, I know, it's a waste of time and I'm going to lose money.

I just want to figure out how to do it before I worry about that stuff.

HOW the hell do you get it to mine?

I've downloaded the miner from this site:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cpuminer/files/pooler-cpuminer-2.3.2-win64.zip/download

I'm using this batch file:

minerd.exe -o stratum+tcp://doge.scryptpools.com:3333 -u USERNAME.WORKER_ID -p PASSWORD

Yet I get error messages saying it failed to connect to the server or some garbage.

What gives?
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Bro, what kind of GPU are you using? The first thing I see wrong is that you have no values for your input. Also, do you have a wallet? This guy provides excellent tutorials via the youtubes-

tutorial, bro

Eta- Many bros attempt to discourage me in quest to mine glorious crypto currency. According to halal calculator, I am currently breaking even at current market value with a Nvidia GTX 660, and I'm not even overclocking (mining dogecoin). Inshallah you will find great success.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bro, what kind of GPU are you using? The first thing I see wrong is that you have no values for your input. Also, do you have a wallet? This guy provides excellent tutorials via the youtubes-

tutorial, bro

Eta- Many bros attempt to discourage me in quest to mine glorious crypto currency. According to halal calculator, I am currently breaking even at current market value with a Nvidia GTX 660, and I'm not even overclocking (mining dogecoin). Inshallah you will find great success.
View Quote

Values for my input?

You mean the username, worker name and password?

I just left them out for obvious privacy reasons.

I'm also not using a GPU, just the processor from my laptop. I know that is bad. I just want to figure out how this stuff works.

ETA:  I do have a wallet.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoinforbeginners/

http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoinforbeginners/
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, I can't much help you there then. I haven't been playing around long enough to figure out non-GPU usage.

When I said input, I mean this:

minerd.exe [certain variables that tell the mining program what to do with your GPU/CPU] -o stratum+tcp://doge.scryptpools.com:3333 -u USERNAME.WORKER_ID -p PASSWORD

I can't tell you off the top of my head what those variables would be, because idk how to mine with just a CPU. It is also very dependent on your personal setup from my understanding.

Maybe try googling "CPU mining bitcoin/dogecoin/litecoin" whatever it is you want to mine. I am currently mining dogecoin and litecoin, it seems that those are the only two you will get any return out of unless you have a Hulk smash gaming rig.

Try using the prompt for a CPU (make sure you add .exe to minerd, idk why it leaves that out) here

That config is designed for mining in a pool with other members of that site, but you can replace the info with the server you have.

Make sure you save the notepad file as a .bat file once you are done editing the configuration.

Inshallah this helps you.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Also, mining dogecoin may be worth it for you with a CPU at this point (depending on what type of processor your laptop has)

Remember bro, bitcoin wasnt worth shit either until about 3 years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top